doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Bonner Kirk Merrington unwell. - 03/31/12 09:25 PM
Kirk's wife has given her permission to those of us on another board to post there, and here, that Kirk is unwell and the docs are trying to find the cause of his illness.
Best wishes to Kirk and his family. Mike
Posted By: Kensal Rise Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 03/31/12 10:25 PM
This is of great concern. I wish Kirk all the best. He is a consummate craftsman and a rare fellow of extraordinary humour. At least he now has access to the American health system.
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 03/31/12 11:24 PM
He is undergoing aggressive treatment as we speak. Thoughts and prayers are with him and of him.
Posted By: RHD45 Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 03/31/12 11:33 PM
I wish him a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 12:34 AM
I don't know him but my thoughts are certainly with him and his family.

Tony
Posted By: Don Moody Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 01:46 AM
I met Kirk many years ago when he was with Billy Hodge in Lewisville, TX. He is a fine reproduction gun builder. We need his expertise.
I wish him the very best.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 04:42 AM
Though I have not met Kirk, he and his wife coresponded with me to assist in my first sleeving job.

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery, Kirk.

Regards
Chuck
Posted By: Hawaiian Uplands Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 06:06 AM
I have dealt with Kirk several times over the years and found him to be an honorable man and a master at his profession. He will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 07:07 AM
Kirk,
Remember, that all the Brummies will be pulling for you. Hopefully get well soon. Salopian
Posted By: Dave Suponski Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 12:07 PM
I learned of this yesterday from a fellow tradesman of Kirks. I have spend several ejoyable hours with him on the phone. A wealth of knowledge and atrue gentleman. I wish him a speedy and conplete recovery.
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 12:38 PM
I know of two high-grade British guns that upon, Kirk had "worked his magic"- a fellow member of the FruitRidge Farms Pheasant Club owns them, and I have handled and shot them on occasion. Meticulous workmanship, and Terrance has told me several times of his meeting with Kirk and what a class gentleman Kirk is. All of us in the "shooting brotherhood", whether we carry a Parker Trojan or a H&H Royal afield join in wishing him a speedy recovery.
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 03:36 PM
Such a nice guy. I know that he has inspected a couple of guns for me in the past and kept me from making mistakes.

Here is hoping for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: bushveld Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 05:21 PM
I rang up Jack Rowe in America and he says that Kirk has a treatable form of leukemia. Prayers for Kirk's recovery are in order and, I am certain, much appreciated.

Regards;
Bv
Posted By: guns Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 11:41 PM
Wish Kirk the best and a speedy recovery, a real craftsman.
Posted By: gjw Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/01/12 11:58 PM
We wish him the best, and a speedy and complete recovery. He will be in out prayers.

God Bless Kirk

Greg & Family
Posted By: Birdog Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/02/12 01:18 AM
My thoughts are with him and his family.
Best wishes Kirk for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: George L. Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/02/12 03:35 AM
May the Good Lord be with you Kirk. You are in our prayers. Get well soon!

Best Wishes, George
Posted By: gil russell Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/03/12 02:31 AM
A gentleman and a great American. Godspeed and a complete recovery, Kirk.
Posted By: Bic. Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/03/12 11:09 AM
I sent Kirsten the link to this thread, I know that she and Kirk really appreciate all the prayers and good wishes.

M.
Posted By: RedDot Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/03/12 02:11 PM
I met Kirk about 30 years ago when he was working for John Foster in Darlington England when he was training to sleeve guns. He seemed to be a nice guy. Best wishes
Posted By: CptCurl Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/03/12 07:27 PM
Kirk,

I'm hoping for your speedy recovery.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Roscoe Stephenson
Posted By: Bic. Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/14/12 02:52 AM
I visited Kirk on Thursday just after his most recent bone marrow biopsy.
Today he was delighted to receive the news that the result was as positive as it could be and he may be released from hostital by the 20th.inst. for several days before returning as a long term outpatient undergoing daily treatments but allowing him week-ends in the Hill Country with his family & friends.

Thanks, on his behalf, for all your prayers and good wishes.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kirkmerrington

MP
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/14/12 01:43 PM
That's great news!
Posted By: Joe Wood Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 04/14/12 01:52 PM
Thank God! We've really been needing some good news on this board. Hang in there, Kirk!
Posted By: Bic. Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 05/07/12 07:41 PM
I had lunch (mostly liquid)in Kerrville with Kirk yesterday prior to his return to San Antonio for another week of treatment.
He just 'phoned me with the good news that his doctors say he is 'in remission'.
He is to continue with the programme for the next few weeks but things are looking good.

MP
Posted By: chopperlump Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 05/07/12 08:27 PM
5 YEARS AGO MY DOC SAID HE HAD BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS. Badwas that I had cancer. Good was that "if you have to have cancer, this is the kind you want" Chronic lymphatic leukemia. Highly treatable. A year later I had a colonosomy. Beat cancer again. All great hope for Kirk! Chopperlump
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Kirk Merrington unwell. - 05/08/12 11:50 AM
MP, that's good news concerning Kirk! Thanks for sharing the good news. Glad Kirk is doing better.
Posted By: Bic. Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/19/12 01:01 AM
Merrington is back! - and actively soliciting your business.

I spent the afternoon with him today and he looks great (for Kirk), feels great and is back in full production mode.

It's been a long and very unpleasant haul for him but everything seems to have turned out well.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts during his illness - MP
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/19/12 02:03 AM
Great news! Go get 'em Kirk.
JR
Posted By: 1cdog Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/19/12 03:05 PM
Glad that Kirk is doing well. Definately one of the good guys.

Is there any way that someone can change the subject of the thread and get rid of the "unwell" and maybe just substitute "well" ?
Posted By: gil russell Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/19/12 06:53 PM
Absolutely one of the good guys and a fantastic craftsman. So glad to hear you are fully on the mend!
Posted By: Mark Larson Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/20/12 01:56 PM
I know so many people that have been sticken with cancer, and lost a brother in law a few years ago that was only 42. It is so great to hear some good news like this! Best wishes to Kirk and his family.
Posted By: old colonel Re: Kirk Merrington xxwell.! - 10/24/12 12:42 AM
Just spoke to him today on a gun he is sleeving for me. He sounded great and is back in the saddle producing what I am sure is great work.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com