doublegunshop.com - home
Off topic guys I know but thought you might appreciate 6am here...still and the night and fog rising on the river..

I took the photo to remind me of this planet we live on and the reason I am here. To provide, teach, listen, and love my family.

Beautiful. Thanks for posting that. Great way to start my day.
Lovely pics Tony and good to see you still have some water. Are you going to Bonhams viewing at all?
Is it next week cbl1?
Only interested in that purdey case Gavin tells me that the label is the right one for my sons bar in wood but frankly paying 3-400 quid for a label and a double case which I don't need... Or am I getting confused between bohams and Gardner!
T
Yep - am going to try and make it to the Sunday viewing afternoon as there are a number of cracking 4 and 8 bores.

Craig.
Outstanding...........good views.......

Hope you are feeling well today T...

God Bless,
It's why we hunt, isn't it? To get out and look around instead of ourselves. We seem more alive when we're alone in open spaces and grateful for family and friends, and the bag means nothing as long as we have hunted well.
Beautiful. That would make a nice painting.
Bird season can't get here soon enough.
I’m curious, what do the two wheels in the second picture operate? Is your house built atop a dam or bridge? It all looks very interesting.
HI Ryan, it's an old mill house. It had a wheel on the end 100 years ago!. The two wheels operate a gate that can be wide open in the winter and for the summer closed right up for the water to flow around the fields. On the right of the house are an old flood plain.
T
Looks like Dedham, Suffolk, John Constable's Stour Valley paintings really make me homesick
Sluice gates by your house, Tony?
Trout in the stream Tony?
Yes, trout, my brother in law caught a small one last year. I was amazed. Sadly the river network has been wiped out virtually by cormorants. I am one of the few license holders to shoot them..but there are just too many...(gone now only here for winter).

Yes gates to the side of the house Mike. smile
T
It's always been remarkable to me how much Great Britian reminds me of the New England I grew up in. Beautiful picture.
Jim
Beautiful post Tony, outstanding property
Those wheels open Tony's wallet
:S
Beautiful photo's. Are there fish in your river?
What a great viewing Bonham's would be. Do we know where so many big guns came from at one sale?
I believe there are three separate collections/submissions into the auction - has been some time since there were this many decent double 8's in one place. Will be very interesting to have a look over them on Sunday, especially the Horsley.
Lol guys how did we get on to Bonhams? It's fine but made me snigger.!

Cheers
T
Originally Posted By: Ballistix999
Lol guys how did we get on to Bonhams? It's fine but made me snigger.!

Cheers
T

smile Bonhams got raised on Page 1 when I asked if you were heading to the viewings this week smile. Hope you are keeping well and the marsh/river by your house looks stunning. What river/tributary is it Tony? Craig
Ah my bad sorry! It's the river "Cherwell".

Cheers
T
Looks like you could drop a line into the river from the porch Tony?
Not quite, but close. smile
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com