doublegunshop.com - home
I went over to go and see the Purdey Bar-in-Wood I'm having re-stocked today. It's fair to say I was a little worried and disappointed with the wood. I've recovered now realising that these photos clearly do not do the wood justice. It's dirty and will darken up a lot etc. I'm very keen to get this gun and I pressured my stocker to get it down by the end of the month so that I can start finishing the wood and other parts! Excited but impatient in summary!

Tony,

The wood is very much in keeping with the genre of the gun, perfect layout. Red it up a little and it will be perfect
Fascinating photos, Tony and thank you so much for sharing, as ever.

Tim
Tony, I agree with Cliff.....the wood selection is perfect for the period replacement on that gun IMO........looks like the perfect amount of feather and natural figure......

So many folks nowdays use the marble cake Bubba looking wood that distracts from the gun and "screams, 'I am a replacement stick, look at me'..".......

Did the stocker pick the wood, or you.....?.........

Cheers,
In chose the wood...I worried badly but actually underneath maybe I chose right...I'm not expert! smile

T
You always have interesting projects in the works. I enjoy seeing them in progress then finished.
Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the finished product!
What a job! looks great.
Tony,

I was just wondering about your project this morning. Thanks for the pics. It is neat to see the steps. Would you please post final, pre-finish/oil pics as well as fully finished pics?

Phil
Oh definately Phil.

I'm pushing him to get it finished for obvious reasons so I an get it back and start puttingn a traditional finish on it!

Cheers
T
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com