doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: PA24 Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 01:59 PM
It would be nice to see our members pictures, we've seen the guns, the dogs, let's see the people.........with your age attached please .....recent pictures......no high school pics.. smile....

Jump on in here......thanks in advance...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PA24 Doug age 66.......

Wyoming deer downed with an antique iron sighted Marlin 38-55 lever gun made in 1895....

Bitteroot Selway Archery Elk....

My oldest son Doug Jr. (41) my regular hunting partner....

Cheers,
Posted By: Dave K Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 02:23 PM
Great idea !
Posted By: JayCee Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 03:13 PM
Hi Doug,

Here are two hunting friends and I, under the deer stalker. We were expecting rain. Photo taken last august.

Regards,

JC
Age 62
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 03:24 PM
April 2011. Tom should've been old enough to know better. I am 63 but feel like I'm 36. Or is it I am 36 and feel 63? Hell, I'm confused..

Don't expect to see a double in this February 2011 snipe hunt photo unless you cross your eyes.
Posted By: RCC Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 03:49 PM
RCC age 68.

Hi folks, me with the best bird I've caught ever...and ever will in the future.

Picture taken at Ripley Castle last week. Aged 45. Lump on my face was removed Wednesday so I don't look quite as ugly now.

T

Picture taken last winter at the L'Anguille River, AR.

Taken in Savannah a couple of years ago when I spent the afternoon with Bo Whoop, which I'm holding, before it was shipped off to Julia's to be auctioned.

Myself and Dig (Smallbore) visiting at an auction in Columbia, SC

Good thread, fun seeing so many of you friends.

SRH
A few from last Fall

Here's a picture of last fall's Montana pheasant hunting. Left to right, Brad Studer a hops grower and hunter, Don Hardin , a board member, with the first two birds of the season in his 79th year of sharpshooting, myself, my son, Aron, with grandson, Jack Dean. This was Jack's first hunt, sans gun, since he failed his hunter safety course at age 9 months. Since then Jack has been along on quail hunts in New Mexico, and partridge hunts in Saskatchewan. All this in his first 19 months. I'm pretty lucky.

Great pic Daryl

One of my favorites from 93' -Will & Kate

With Dirk in S. Dakota 06'

Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 07:23 PM
I don't have a digital camera and wouldn't know how to post pics anyway. I guess I'm a dinosaur but I will say this--->I'm 55 the 16th of this month and after looking at you guy's pictures I would be proud to have any of you on a hunt with me.
Posted By: tunes Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 07:37 PM
Here's one from Newfoundland in 2001 and South Dakota a couple of years ago. Still a grey beard.

tunes
Last season with my Vanderbilt's Simply Devine MH call name DeeDee, had to put her down a month ago at 7 with cancer, cried a bucket full of tears she went so fast. But just bought a new lab pup.
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 08:16 PM
Craig, that's a great photo to remember her by. I had to put down a 12 year-old dog in August with hemangiosarcoma in the spleen. The decision to do so was the easiest part of the ordeal; the hardest part is not having him around. It helps that I have an 8 month-old Britt, but the ache of loss bites deep.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GLS
Craig, that's a great photo to remember her by. I had to put down a 12 year-old dog in August with hemangiosarcoma in the spleen. The decision to do so was the easiest part of the ordeal; the hardest part is not having him around. It helps that I have an 8 month-old Britt, but the ache of loss bites deep.

Yes, dogs are family and it really hurts deep and long........

What a GRAND bunch of sportsman posting pictures here so far, makes it all worthwhile...outdoor sportsman have always been the cream of the crop in my opinion..........

Best to All.....
Posted By: gjw Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 08:37 PM
Hi all, Great Idea!!! Good thinking as we can put a name and face together.

Here's some pictures from this mornings duck hunt:

Here's me (Greg aka gjw) with my Samuel B. Allport 12b Hammergun and a limit of duck (kind of hard to see in the weeds):

Here's Number 1 son, Will with his limit of ducks and his 12ga Fabarm Beta Classis:

Here's Number 2 son, Jim, with his Mossberg "Pump" Please, he does use a 16ga SxS when hunting upland birds.

Here's some upland photos from this year, Sharptails:

Myself and my E.J. Churchill Premiere XXV 12b SLE with a limit:

Will with his Browning 20ga BSS/Sporter and his limit:

Jim with his 16ga Brittany Classic, only one bird this time:

Posted By: johnr Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 09:31 PM
J.R.B., your not going to believe this but I'm going to be 55 on the 16th of October also.
No pictures of me with guns but here is one with my other passion, bikes. This was my first ride after fighting cancer for 5 months, pretty weak so left the big bike in the garage.

Me and my Britt in North Florida hunting quail (holding an AYA #2)...

Me and my old man in South Georgia hunting quail again (both holding Miroku boxlocks)...

Adam
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 09:53 PM
Well johnr you're not going to believe this either but I also ride. I have a 1959 Panhead with a Shovel top end and 14" over springer front end. The old bike and I partied our butts off in Sturgis in '97. Watch for those senior discounts. Some of them start at age 55 around here.
Posted By: johnr Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 10:00 PM
J.R.B., love to see a pic of your bike. I also have a 03 Low Rider and a 08 Street Glide. If your ever in MD let me know and I'll buy you a beer.
My son and I during a quail hunt outside Fort Payne, AL last winter.

At the Crossed Sabers in Baghdad, Iraq - 2009

Army Birthday Ball at Fort Benning, GA - June 2010

I am 34, There was a pic of me shooting uploaded here a while ago. Here it is.

This is my 10 year old out for a morning walk, she is carrying a baikal 12g with mechanical trigger (no inertia block for light loads)that I cut up for her, and raised the comb. The other two kids (boy 8 and girl 6) love to come too. I had a 1930's German .22 boys rifle restored for the 8 year old, and geez he can shoot with it!

I love motorbikes too, I have a shed full of them. But there are some highlights -
A 1984 VF1000R built by hand made racers in QLD, it has a FZR1000 read end with 180 section tyre, koso digital dash, braided lines, NC30 fairings etc....

A 2001 CRE 500 E, a factory sold road registered CR500, one of 250 in the world.

My old dogs - the basset hound cross was a great hunting dog, she had a great nose and I could keep up with her, she is 16 now. The GSP is 14, and whilst he was a great bloodline, he never got the hang of following directions.....

My other passion is food, here is me with Chen Kenichi and Hiroyuki Sakai from the Japanese show Iron chef. After a 7 course degustation in Sydney.

This is my current sled, its a 4 litre in line 6 with a 600hp roller bearing turbo, it makes 290 rear wheel kilowatts or 388 horsepower through the rear tyres.

Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/01/11 11:07 PM
Originally Posted By: johnr
J.R.B., love to see a pic of your bike. I also have a 03 Low Rider and a 08 Street Glide. If your ever in MD let me know and I'll buy you a beer.

Like I said I'm an old dinosaur when it comes to cameras. All of mine are 35mm film, Zeiss Icarex with Carl Zeiss lenses, and I refuse to go digital. I might be in the Virginia area sometime in the future visiting an old Mercedes car buddy of mine. Yep I also drive Mercedes cars and old Ford 4x4 pickup trucks.

My two Wirehaied Pointing Griffon hunting partners, with two roosters, last fall.

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO
Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
Me and my Britt in North Florida hunting quail (holding an AYA #2)...

Me and my old man in South Georgia hunting quail again (both holding Miroku boxlocks)...

Adam

That's a good looking Britt! I wouldn't trade my Britt for any other dog. They are the best all around gun dog, great as pets, have a very strong desire to please and have a great disposition.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/rthook21/IMGP2917.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/rthook21/DSCN3279.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn220/rthook21/deer/100_5598.jpg
Posted By: PeteM Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 02:04 AM
Marc and myself in Liege standing in front of the perron last year.

Pete
Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 02:34 AM
This picture's older than I like, it was taken during the summer of 2003 on an excursion boat off Navy Pier in Chicago.

From left to right my son Dell, me and my wife Gail. I look pretty much the same today only my eyebrows are bushier and my hair on top is thinner and grayer.
I take it back, here's a picture of Gail and I taken last October 2010 at my sons wedding.

Steve
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 03:10 AM
Posted For....

camotrky
Ontario, Canada

Posted By: wburns Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 03:58 AM
I am 37.

Here is my wife Christina with her first Sage Grouse this year.
Posted By: postoak Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 04:09 AM
Here is me with my grandson last hunting Season

Last year this was my Grandson Hunter and my Son's Girl Friend Son, this year he is a Grandson too !

This is my Son

My fat butt again

The Orange Toboggan is not becoming smile

With some good friends of mine,Don Moody in the lead, my friend the land owner Herr Luft and me coming throught the Milo.

Posted By: DrBob Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 04:50 AM
I am on the left presenting Chris Schotz with the Lefever Arms Collectors Asociation "Hall of Fame" certification. If there were a Baker organization Chris would have that honor too.

At 63 I guess I'll be joining the Old Geezer Club soon.
Pic taken 5 years ago on the foreshore of the Fraser Delta after reducing the local wintering population of Snow geese which breed on Wrangel Island off the top side of Siberia. Using a Greener single 10, 3 1/2" chamber, 40" barrel, cica 1885. Two choclate labs, Purdey who just passed away this Spring at 15 1/2 and her niece Tolley, 8 this month. Another season starts next weekend.
Finest time of the year.....
My nicest axis/chital stag taken with my old Merkel drilling in 7x65r.

Posted By: rifle Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 11:53 AM
That be me..with the hat
55 this year, with a reasonably recent pic of yours truly on the far left with some of the best guys in the world.

I'm 62 and smart enough to not tell my wife's age. This was last February on Judy's first ever hunt and we're scheduled for at least one hunt together this year down in Georgia. Once she clued into the difference between shooting clays and live birds she killed 11 birds that day.

Posted By: SKB Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 04:10 PM

The full spaniel crew left to right, Briar, Lucy, yours truly, and the old gal Maggie who is 12 in the pictured and had to be retired from blue grouse this season. We hope she might have a few more roosters in her out where the going is a bit easier on the plains.

A couple of SD roosters

Manito Lara, Myself with a limit of roosters and a couple of sharpies.
Posted By: battle Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 04:33 PM
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 04:57 PM

My oldest son..

1974. Other than the haircut I haven't changed a bit:

Now

My son:

More pictures of me - with my turd-hounds:

Excessive modesty is not one of my defects of character.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 06:10 PM
This me after my first barrel soldering job.

With the dog and a Mearns she found in southern AZ
Hi, thought I'd add this one. I can't tell you how special it is to me personally. Did a quick scoot around the river here a couple of hours ago and a few duck got up. I despatched this one. Given it was on the other side of the river I grabbed the Quad and my 2.5 year old insisted she came with me to retrieve it. She ran into the house with teddy in one hand and holding duck up in the other shouting for mum.

Mum insisted on a shot for her to remember it and how much she meant to her dad. smile

T

Posted By: RMC Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 06:21 PM
Mike, Me too... only change is I shaved my beard. Tony, great photo of you and your daughter.

Randy,RMC, 64, Michigan

"78",Kodiak Island,with brother John, nice to have had a brother living in Alaska, no guide required

P&Y black bear, a few miles from home

South Dakota, with Cody, First double, Beretta S56E, bought early 70's, only shotgun I used for everything, had it for over 20 years then sold it to buy a Fox SW, then a ........

Recent photo from North Dakota, with Bullet and Shooter

Wife Patty, trophy of a lifetime

Daughters Kate [L] and Sis, Kate is legally blind but has taken three bucks and a bear. Sis shot 3 bucks with a bow before she was 16, In the pic, sisters were hunting together and Sis pulled rank and shot the 8pt. All dad does in deer season is track, drag and gut. Gotta love it.

Posted By: skeettx Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 06:46 PM
Me with a Texas Fork Horn Mule Deer

Originally Posted By: Ballistix999
Mum insisted on a shot for her to remember it and how much she meant to her dad.

Great picture, Tony! Mum is a smart lady.

OBTW, you must have tough knees!

SRH
Good guys 1
Ed ZERO
Stan: Thank you. Indeed she is. AND beautiful. Luckily my daughter took after her mum.

Lastly, I'm sorry this thread took a nose dive. It's so wonderful to see everyone and put a face to all that are really quite "virtually" important to me personally.

T

Ps the knee that is on the concrete is prosthetic.. smile But I'll let you carry on thinking I'm tough. smile
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 09:54 PM
smile
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 10:31 PM
smile

Valley Quail in the low mountains north of Los Angeles.

$50 from me.
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 11:11 PM
wink
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 11:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Terry Lubzinski
At 63 I guess I'll be joining the Old Geezer Club soon.
Pic taken 5 years ago on the foreshore of the Fraser Delta after reducing the local wintering population of Snow geese which breed on Wrangel Island off the top side of Siberia. Using a Greener single 10, 3 1/2" chamber, 40" barrel, cica 1885. Two choclate labs, Purdey who just passed away this Spring at 15 1/2 and her niece Tolley, 8 this month. Another season starts next weekend.
Finest time of the year.....

Terry, hoping to change the subject, that's an interesting Greener. Is it Damascus barreled? Did you have the chamber lenghtened? If so, was it reproofed? 15 1/2 years is a longtime to have a Lab. Damn near a quarter of your life. Nice looking pooches... Gil
Posted By: battle Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/02/11 11:51 PM
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 12:06 AM
God Bless you and yours Dave Katt....... smile
Blistixs999, I thought of you when I posted this. I am 58 and as of now, been battling cancer since I was 50. The picture with the turkey was taken 2 yrs. ago. and the one with the doves was about 3 days before my 2nd surgery back in 2004 of the 7 surgeries I have had so far.The last picture is with the last deer I took, again, so far. I am a bowhunter 1st, then blackpowder. I am not including pictures of motorcycles and other hobbies. In the field with the cold air, you will seldom see me without my neck covered. The 48" of cuts to my neck, makes that turkeys neck look beautiful! So much to do, so little time......
Posted By: RMC Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 01:18 AM
Dave K, Keep on fighting, prayers are with you. Nice looking guns. Are the Bakers in the back of the closet? Beautiful whitetail and quite a rack for a 6 pt. and taken with a flintlock !! Assume the deer was taken near your place. Remember growing up and there wasn't a deer in the whole county. I saw my first deer track in "63" while rabbit hunting along the canal, and the first live deer run across the road outside SM's in "65". If my math is right, you'd have been in Jr. High at that time. Must have been exciting to watch the whitetail herd build up around you. What year did you take your first local deer? And don't tell me you got the turkey around NK......NOT. Only dove hunting back in the day was off the wires with the Daisy. Randy
RMC, The doves are local, but the turkey and deer are from our farm about 30 miles S.E. of NK. Don't want to say too much as it is like telling of your favorite mushroom spot. :-)I got my first deer in '83 with a bow and then it has been all bow until about 5 yrs. ago. I hope to be bowhunting this week. Though I do all I can, my stamina is not what it once was. Drugs are kick me hard at the moment. Oh yes, the Bakers are here waiting to go hunting. Every time I think of taking them though, the BP fetish gets in the way. The flinter with the doves is an original, the perc. shotgun with the turkey is an original, the flinter with the deer is a custom "new made". Thanks for the prayers, like all of us here, there are days when the load gets heavy. I didn't know though just how heavy, heavy can be. Yes, I graduated high school in '71
God bless you Dave and keep on fighting because we need people like you. smile

I love black powder too!!
Posted By: ed good Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 03:00 AM
my prayers and good will go out to folks like dave and 999...least we forget.
Sorry...no hunt pics in my photo bucket right now. Well, this is kinda like hunting. 65 going on 35!

One note I'd like to bring to your attention: As a retired US Army officer I noted the photo that SFC Pre 13 LC Coll posted of himself in his dress blue uniform with his beautiful wife by his side. For those of you who have no concept of what is portrayed by all those ribbons and awards on his left chest, I'd like you to note the following. First is the blue and silver rectangle with a wreath surrounding an old Springfield rifle. That is the Combat Infantry Badge. Those are only awarded to soldiers who are involved in direct close combat with an enemy while serving as an infantryman. The second thing to note is that at least a couple of his ribbons have a "V" device affixed to them. That "V" is for "Valor". Those are awarded only to soldiers who do things while under fire that most of us only see in movies or read about in books. These are not "I was there" awards......this young warrior is a real American hero! Thank you for your outstanding service Sergeant.
Posted By: ed good Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 06:55 AM
re: pre: ditto and thank you...

nice bonefish! did you catch em in the keys or were you lucky enough to be fishin off cuber?
Dave katt. Fight on my friend. Intend to tomorrow with chemo and a bit of radio later this week to hopefully reduce painful rumours
T
Week before last near Bar Harbor. 72 and wondering where all the old guys are! ;^) Sorry, no guns with us on that trip.

Lot of brave people here - fighting tough battles of various kinds. Thanks for reminding us of what is truly important in this life.

These are a couple of photos from GA last year in search of Gentleman Bob in the company of some good friends:

:

A couple years back.
This thread made me realize I have a lot more pics of my dog and my guns than I do of me and my friends. Guess I'll have to work on that.

Here's one of me and my new setter (now 2.5yrs old) from last year:

A couple years ago on a chukar hunt with a friend's pointer and my Lefever 16 I had at the time:

I think my shadow may be more photogenic than I am:

Chukar hunt in January with my late britt Cash:

65, and still can tote a bird or two; "Jack" and "Ross" with yours truly.

And rough shooting in Wales with ESS "Chris".

Eug
I'm 68 years old and retired. This is a shot of me and a Nyala bull that I took with my home-built double rifle in calibre .303 British. This hunt was in South Africa, three weeks ago.

50 years old and a passion for hunting since I was 5.

A triple of banded quail on the last´s 2011 season day.
Before you condemn me for using a "wrong gun", I will explain you my "triple" (3 birds downed from a single dog point): BANG, BANG, open, reload a shell, close, BANG (sometimes ejectors could be a nice feature).
Originally Posted By: Mark Larson

That's a beautiful pic, Mark, but I can't seem to find the bird you're drawing down on.... whistle
[img:right][/img]

Left to right
Me, My BFF Rob and his son Steven
Posted By: griz Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 05:02 PM
Me, age 68, and my best hand – Jack the cow dog, age 8.
Originally Posted By: mike campbell
Originally Posted By: Mark Larson

That's a beautiful pic, Mark, but I can't seem to find the bird you're drawing down on.... whistle

That's because chukars are mystical, chameleonic creatures that rarely exist, and even if found, are very difficult to see, let alone shoot. If you look closer, you'll see him on the ground getting ready to flush next to the sage bush, right next to the unicorn. grin
Posted By: CBL1 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 06:25 PM
A couple which I have posted on here before; 38 yrs young and have shot for over 25 yrs. I hope to have many more to come..

(i) Wildfowling with my E.Paton 8ga on the marsh

(ii) On the grouse moors of Scotland on the Glorious twelth walking up red grouse over pointers

I consider myself very fortunate to be in the position to do both, and to share such cracking experiences with a number of excellent like minded folk.
grin

Mark, I have enuff trouble hunting grouse on flat ground...

Before I hunted your terrain I'd have to know there was medevac service available.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 07:36 PM
About ten years ago.
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 09:13 PM
Dave,
Keep up the good fight; you are doing great. Pretty impressive about the doves. Must be a challenge to figure lead with a flintlock. Is it a double? Gil
Yes, it is a double. I have been told from several sources that this gun was made between 1780-1810. It is a 20ga. with 34" barrels. To tell you the truth, when I first tried a flinter for wing shooting, the mild delay drove me crazy, now I am not even aware of it, it all. Just get on target and pull through it as you swing with it. But, when I go to a perc. gun or a cartridge gun, the instant ignition almost scares me.

Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy seeing the faces of those I have talked with for about 10+yrs.
Originally Posted By: tunes
Here's one from Newfoundland in 2001 and South Dakota a couple of years ago. Still a grey beard.

tunes

Nice longbow. Who made it?
Well I guess I'll show mine now. Pic was in 2006, I'm 63 now, and no better looking...Geo

Posted By: postoak Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 11:08 PM
I am surprised and happy to see a number of young members - under 45 or so.
Wrong game, but it's a recent pic. From this summer, fishing on the West Branch Penobscot, landlocked salmon caught on a 4 weight.

OWD
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/11 11:55 PM
That's a mighty fine tasting fish you're holding there OWD and fun to catch too. wink
Posted By: CJ Dawe Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 01:03 AM
Here's a couple of me and the lad ,and me wink[img:left][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:left][/img] [img:left][/img]
Posted By: LGF Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 02:34 AM

With my Searcy .470, and a freshly darted lion (the brown blur in the grass to the right; the pink blob is the fuzz on the end of the dart). My abilities with a shotgun are such that that I have darted far more lions than I have shot ducks. That may be because ducks are active at dawn, when I am not, and lions are out at night, like any civilized mammal.

With my daughters, Xmas 2010. Only the one on the far left is interested in guns and murdering innocent fowl; the others think we are savages.
Not terribly recent. In fact I am amazed to realize that this picture is now over ten years old.

Everybody in the picture is a registered member of this BBS, though a few don't post much, if at all.

This is me this summer at age 55 with my hunting buddy who turned 10. She is starting to show her age. But after beating cancer twice and a triple by-pass and valve replacement two years ago, I have learned to appreciate life on a daily basis.

Posted By: Hoof Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 03:36 AM
My wife and I on vacation at Williamsburg this past summer;

My boy (he is 8) shooting clays. My dad gave him a family heirloom 16 gauge Stevens 311. I found a junk stock and cut it down for him to shoot it now.

The boy again with his first bird ever. Shot with his little .410 single barrel in a "pre-flight position."

My DD Kaiser on point. While he will occasionally lift a front leg real pretty he will by no means lower his head to go on point. He stands as tall as he can, ready to go after whatever comes up.

CHAZ
Woodcock in VT

With some member of my club in NY

One cold ass day this past January about 3 miles form the NYC border. I kept seeing geese out of the corner of my eye and they were jets landing at JFK.

Some great pics here guys and very enjoyable hearing the snippets of what must be great stories. If you are in Australia, come and sit around a campfire, share a beer and later on a port and share the stories. The stories are a central part of any culture including the one that seems to be shared here. Thanks to everyone for pics.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 12:10 PM
The bugs are thick in woods of Manitoba.

I passed on this bear. I don't like tree blinds. Had bear come within 15' of the ground blind.

Finally took a shot.

A chocolate fallow I took.

Pete
Posted By: tunes Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 01:17 PM
Gene,

It's one I made back in '96. It is bamboo on the back and belly with a Maple core. 66" long 51#'s at my 28" draw

tunes

Nice Northern MN buck

25 inch Rainbow in Yellowstone

Phesant hunt with my Remington 1894 CE Ordinance Steel(im on the right)
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: LGF

With my daughters, Xmas 2010. Only the one on the far left is interested in guns and murdering innocent fowl; the others think we are savages.

Great looking family. "The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, "Daddy, I need to ask you something," he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan."
Garrison Keillor
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/04/11 08:41 PM
Really great to put a face to all these names finally....great group of people.........

Thanks to those so far for taking the time to post your pics...

2001 Las Vegas Show...maybe some of these members will step up and name themselves....?...I think Wonko is in the front row far right kneeling with the brown sport coat and Alan Griffith is behind him standing....?....

Cheers,

Pic from a Mich. trip a couple of years ago. Most other boards I go by greyphase.
Posted By: LGF Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/05/11 01:48 AM
Thanks, GLS. I live in five frying pans.
Good looking and active crew.

Here's a few.

Regards, Tim

Red Duiker in South Africa with a Bailey Bradshaw double in .22 K-Hornet

Hunting Club on Maryland's Eastern Shore last season - Darne 10 gauge in my left hand

Eastern Shore again, with my Lefever C 10 ga. thumb-push and buffered Bismuth #2 roll-crimped cartridges
Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner
Not terribly recent. In fact I am amazed to realize that this picture is now over ten years old.

Everybody in the picture is a registered member of this BBS, though a few don't post much, if at all.

OMG. I'd forgot all about that meeting. That's me way over on the right and then again, below.

Alan
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/05/11 05:40 PM
Posted for King Brown @ his request.....

King Brown, 80, near Home in Nova Scotia woods early season last year.....

King...you sure are a healthy looking 80 my friend...!....Keep up the good work....!...

These two shots were taken four years ago and three years ago respectively, within a week of being exactly a year apart. The location is the same, in N. W. Illinois. One year great weather and a good hunt, the next year froze our butts off, literally walked through knee high snow later that same day, but still had a good hunt. I am the older guy, now 71, and that's my #2 son with me in both photos. My gun is a 1910 Max Fischer 16 gauge hammer gun that is one of my favorites, his gun is a 1895 J P Sauer 16 gauge hammer gun with Krupp barrels even on such an early gun.

Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/05/11 07:39 PM
A little late to the party.. truth is is rarely divulge personal photos.
this one with gunmaker Martin Hagn at my work bench. I turned 60 last March.

Shooting a vintage S&W in rough country.

And with Stockmaker James Tucker in my shop.
This is me and my best buddy with some wild prairie partridge. Lost him last month to illness; he was only 8.

Life hands us a bitter pill sometimes. We are lucky to have board members here showing us how to take it; Bill, Tony, Dave, Miller,..........and many others, thanks.

Clair

Posted By: ejsxs Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/05/11 08:31 PM
Yours truly and friend Sergio Covarrubias by the Simpson River in Chilean Patagonia, this May 2011, after wild pheasants.

EJSXS
Posted By: jmc Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/05/11 10:32 PM
Well since Steve broke the ice and, because there's a gun in the photo, here is another + me at age 40. Truly a special moment for me and an opportunity to thank Steve again for his generous hospitality last September when I was in town for a little fishing. That's Steve's custom A.H. Fox which has inspired many in one of his excellent books, "Fine Gun Making: Double Shotguns".
So, JMC is a young guy!
Posted By: Brian Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/06/11 12:36 AM
My Field Bred Springer Jhenn and I last year. with one of my trusty Fox guns

Th eonly member of the Kabul,Afghanistan Southwest Asia Chapter of the AH Fox Gun Collectors Association (LIFE)

After my return from A-stan in 2003.

With some of my Afghan counterparts, trolling the mountains of Patika Province.

sort of a snapshot of my life in the past 9 years. Kind of interupts the hunting prospects.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/06/11 03:41 AM
From what my son tells me of Paktika Province, it is sometimes hard to tell WHO is the hunter.... Glad you're back where that stuff is very clear!

I always ask my son if he's seen any chukars recently in Afghanistan--it's become a joke between us. He always tells me they just won't come into his laptop. (He never tells me anything at all about operations, just food, people he works with --nicknames only--and PT plans for the day. Whatever intel people do, they DON'T talk about it).
Posted By: Birdog Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/06/11 03:46 PM
Gunning for Canada's and ducks on cousin PJ ranch, south central Oregon, a couple of years ago. At 93 he is still going strong and 30 years my senior. He does spend more time in the Wagoneer these days.

A bit warmer in this one for sure.

Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/06/11 05:54 PM
BD,
Would that be Klamath Basin?
Finally, here I am with my two great dogs, Jake and Rex in South Texas.
[img:left][/img]
Posted By: Birdog Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/06/11 08:36 PM
Steven,
Lake County.
If I was a land agent then maybe yes, smile , borderline.

Originally Posted By: SDH-MT
BD,
Would that be Klamath Basin?
One thing about this thread: there are some world-class mustaches displayed smile!
Those are some very interesting pics! Might as well contribute, though I admit I'm not much of a cameraman, and don't even usually carry a camera afield. So my pics aren't going to be remotely as impressive as the stuff most of the board members upload smile

Aleksey, 35

At a friend's hunting refuge halfway between Samara and
Saratov, Russia, with a Simson, three Izh's and a TOZ.

My wife, in the boat on an overnight duck hunt. A mobile pic - I'd just drowned the camera smile

My 9yo with a birthday present for Dad - her first fish smile

Posted By: Rockdoc Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/07/11 01:01 AM
Humpty Dumpty,
What a relief, I thought you'd be more egg-shaped laugh.
Steve
Steve, having taken up fitness seriously since, I'm even less egg-shaped now smile
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/08/11 04:22 PM
How about pics of the other regular posters here....?....

KY Jon
Toby Barclay
George L
Two Triggers
Shotgunjones
Last Dollar (LD's been up before)
Salopian
Krakow Kid
nhcrowshooter
L.Brown
2piper
Vol423
Walter C. Snyder
F2F
lagopus

Posted By: GJZ Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/09/11 12:33 AM

The guy on the left is me. We were hunting chickens and sharptails last month in the Sandhills. There is no better way to cover lots of land, especially when it is hot.
Tom Hall, 42

Doing a bit of late season hunting after work last season thanks to rolling the clocks up. The brown one without the eye protection is Duncan. Have to speak to him about that.

Was out with Re coil Rob this morning for the morning flight. He picked up woodie and mallard drakes. The dog helped with a limited amount of public shaming for missed shots. Hopefully we can get a group shot together next weekend.

Cheers

Blinking henry thought that was Tom Cruise for a minute!

Then I noticed the grey beard and wet nose.

T
+1
Rob Merkel, I'm 47. Since people are posting pictures of stuff other than doublegunning, here is a trip from 2 years ago on the Salmon:

Here is another salmon picture but with a different purpose:

Replacement, 64, with a pig from last May, taken near Paso Robles. The rifle is a Rem Sendero in .300 Win Mag, the pig is 265 pounds (and very tasty), the dopey shirt is to cover my nasty sunburn.

Posted By: David Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/11/11 03:48 AM
I don't have many pictures of myself since I'm usually taking the pictures. This is the best I could do on short notice. I'm in Namibia with these two friends of mine showing off an issue of the Overland Journal.

Here's another shot of me taken my friend and colleague, Lon Lauber. We were photographing in Denali a couple of years ago and he climbs faster than I do. However, I fall down less than he does.

Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/13/11 07:55 PM
smile
Posted By: tut Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/13/11 08:41 PM
Wife and I in Maine a couple of years ago. Been a great 30 years of so together.

I'm like the other David, usually taking the pictures. I did find some taken in Jan. 2010 on a preserve. Hunting for chuckers, and quail.
I'm on the right, shooting a 16 ga. L.C. Smith hammer gun. My friend, Roger is shooting a 16 ga. Eagle Grade. I had my dog an Enlish setter, and he had his Brittany which is a great hunter.
I am 65 now.
Posted By: dal Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/15/11 12:41 AM
First bird of the year.

Don.
Posted By: Cameron Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/15/11 11:56 PM

An Alberta goose hunt with my brother and a friend from Oct 2nd, 2011. My brother and I in this photo, with me on the left.
Posted By: Cameron Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/16/11 12:04 AM
http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/idbrdhtr/GetAttachment23.jpg

Another Alberta photo with myself and my friend. This one was from Oct 3rd with a limit of mallards.
Posted By: LouM Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/16/11 03:44 AM
I could not locate any digital bird hunting pictures.

Kudu is 54" and my first African trophy. It was a good two hours of up and down hiking to catch up with this bull. I got him as far from a road as you could get on this property and it was another couple of hours before we were in the truck back to camp. A most memorable day.

The rifle I used in RSA is my .375 H&H DuBiel Arms left hand bolt.

Lou M
Better late than never... I wanted to post a recent photo.. Here I am with my faithful chesador, 34" Parker DHE 12 gauge, and a pair of Wood Ducks.

This was me last year in a layout boat on the Saginaw Bay with a Parker EH 10 gauge.
Me in the dove field opening day, 2010. Shotgun was me recently purchased 20 bore BSS Sporter, all Japanese made, 26" IC/Mod.

Taken 3 months later in the second half of the season. 20 degrees, drizzle of rain and limits of doves...

Couple more from this year...

Shotgun here is my Miroku made Westerfield 326 EMJ 20 bore BLNE. 28" Mod/Full.

Putting together my 1984 Superposed.

I'm 27.
Posted By: JayCee Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/18/11 12:01 PM
Jani Hartman, 59: montenegrin shooting a "montenegrin":

JC (just posting for Jani)
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/18/11 08:43 PM
Jani, you really look like you know what you are doing with that "montenegrin"...... smile...."Left handed as well".......!.......

Very nice, what year was it made....?....

Best Regards,
phideaux,

Y'all must've been shooting a watering hole in the top picture. Don't see anything for them to feed on behind you, 'less there's a feedlot or something behind the camera.

Stan
Doug,
This Montenegrin Gasser revolver is a late "officers" model, Vienna commercial proof 1913. Marked Crown/NI for Nikola I of Montenegro as well. The picture was taken this summer when I found out that it shoots .45 Colt Cowboy factory loads like they were made for it. As you may imagine by my handle, I'm interested in these extraordinary revolvers quite a bit.
With kind regards,
Jani
Late to the party, but here I am last Grousemas when I was only 60.

Two roosters, a sharpie, and my Grulla. Montana 2009.

It is really nice to see all you folks.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/19/11 01:32 AM
MarkOue, was that chesador created custom for you, or was it a kind accident? In any case, that is one serious moose-pup! If I ever saw a classic case of "Hybrid vigor", that's it. The Parker Long Tom is pretty impressive, too!!
I can't locate any digital hunting pictures but I think the point was to show what we look like.

We've all seen dead birds before. (I'm just making excuses...I shoulda had a hunting pic!)

It's my ex mother in law in the background. Looks like she's cooking, which is probably why I'm smiling.

Just turned 53 this past August.

Two weeks ago on the Snake River. Trip given to me by my wife as a 70th birthday present! All I can say about chuckar hunting in this area is it's no country for old men (or anyone with a lick of common sense)!

Couple of chuckars that fell to my Webley 700 12 gauge with 26" barrels. Folks, if you haven't hunted truly wild chuckars all I can say is they're big, fast, and have a sick sense of humor. Oh, these were a true double...heh, heh.

Posted By: James M Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/19/11 03:36 AM
Ok Ok:
Here's the wife and I posing for our "Peace on Earth Goodwill to Men " Christmas card pic. from a couple of years ago.
Jim
Originally Posted By: Stan
phideaux,

Y'all must've been shooting a watering hole in the top picture. Don't see anything for them to feed on behind you, 'less there's a feedlot or something behind the camera.

Stan

Stan, there was some shin-high goat weed in the field to my right, and yes, there was a small pond to my right as well. More importantly, there is 6,000 acres of millet and wild sunflowers directly behind me in this picture some 400 yards. grin
Hadn´t seen this thread, me two weeks ago in the Selous, (age 48)no feathers I´m afraid but there is a double !

Originally Posted By: phideaux2003
phideaux,

Stan

Stan, there was some shin-high goat weed in the field to my right, and yes, there was a small pond to my right as well. More importantly, there is 6,000 acres of millet and wild sunflowers directly behind me in this picture some 400 yards. grin

6000 acres, eh? Lessee,........ that'd take at least 2500 guns to shoot properly! shocked Sure would hate to have to feed all of 'em barbeque.

Oh, wait a minute phideaux! I see that powerline way back there, now. laugh

Great thread, Doug. I have reread it more than any other I can remember.

SRH
Mike A.,

Thanks for the kind words!

Radar, my chesador was in fact from an accidental litter 10 years ago. He was the Alpha of the litter and no one wanted him because of his strong personality. He is an a very agressive retriever and smart as a real-life Lassie could be! Dog breed purists hate chesadors and other mixed breeds but me being mostly a mutt, well I have a special place in my heart for the "underdog"!

I collect "big" guns especially Parkers. Lately I have been acquiring extra long-barreled Parkers. I shot competitive rifle for decades and my brain wants the barrel(s) to stop moving before I squeeze the trigger. Long, heavy barrelled guns do not allow for any rifle shooting of flying creatures!

Respectfully,
Mark
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/20/11 02:13 PM
Yeah, Mark, sometimes those "accidents" are just right; nature just having its own way! (I used to make beer/.22 shell money by betting guys that I could guess the parentage of their mutts. And I would have loved to have SOME of those dogs, mostly the big ones!).

Add Chesapeake strong to Labrador sweet and you get something like my ideal cup of coffee: strong AND sweet! (But I suspect he does take some governing, too. And feeding.) Many thanks for the pix.

Mike Armstrong
phideaux,

Stan

6000 acres, eh? Lessee,........ that'd take at least 2500 guns to shoot properly! shocked Sure would hate to have to feed all of 'em barbeque.

SRH

Oh we don't hunt the 6000 acres. We just hunt the only water hole near by. It's on about 60 acres.
Mike Foley. Age 53 here, 55 now.
Ok, here's one that covers a few reprobates all in one photo. From the left Me, Dennis Potter, Glenn Fewless, Jim Carmichael and Mike Koranda This was taken at the Southern SxS two years ago - our looks HAVE NOT improved with time.
That's a rough crowd you're travelling with, Doug. Do you actually let them stand behind you with guns in their hands? Oh me....
phideaux,

Stan

SRH

Oh we don't hunt the 6000 acres. We just hunt the only water hole near by. It's on about 60 acres.

Now, you're talkin'. Waterhole shootin can be great fun for a few guns. Our waterholes can usually be covered by no more than two guns. But then..................EVERYthing's bigger in Texas! We call a 60 acre body of water a lake!

SRH
Posted By: 775 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/22/11 05:10 AM
WWWWOWW.....well done:)
Posted By: sxsman1 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/22/11 10:30 AM

Four years ago, near Rangely Maine, 72 yrs. old.
Pete
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/23/11 12:01 PM
Pete:
20 Ga or...?....Pinned single trigger and cheek thru bolt/screws or cocking indicators, full PG....make/model.....?......Thanks.....

Nice Pic....

Best,
Posted By: sxsman1 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/23/11 12:45 PM
Doug, it's a 16 gauge Merkel 47-E that I no longer own. It's a gun I wish I hadn't sold.

Pete
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/23/11 09:00 PM
Thanks Pete, I know about those "wish I hadn't sold guns"...... smile

Best Regards,
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/24/11 12:32 PM
IN MEMORY OF GENO, God Bless You & Yours.....Mr. Genadiy Charcot (Stravinsky) - age 51 (Geno)...Rest in Peace...St. Petersburg, Russia.........
From all of us.......... THANK YOU FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP GENADIY.......You will be missed......

Estonia...December 2009....controlled wolf permit hunt.....
51?

Wow -that's way too early.

You'll be missed, Geno.

OWD
Thanks to Mr. Weber I could joint to your forum .

Some photos of my drahthaar and ss-IZ26 and o/u Merkel 201
Just I worry will not overload you of my pictures .Place of photos is Russia St. Petersburg
As I assume it is my first experience here with participation.

Best regards
Gregoriy

Thanks PA24 for posting the pics of Geno. I'm with OWD, 51 is way too young.
Posted By: Kraft Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/26/11 09:12 PM
Thank you for the great pictures Sir. And don't hesitate to send more.
Best
Kraft
Welcome to the Double Gun board, Gregoriy. We look forward hearing from you frequently. Looks very cold in your part of Russia.
Posted By: Birdog Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/27/11 12:06 AM

Gennadi Charcot and friends had a rewarding day afield, NW Russia.
Rest in Peace Gennadi.
Posted By: Birdog Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/27/11 12:15 AM
Welcome to the Double Gun Shop board, Gregoriy.
This is a friendly, diverse group of folks on most days and there are at least a couple of dozen members from varied locals around the world.
Nice wolf.
Gregoriy, thanks for the great pictures. You and your Drat are true outdoorsmen. I am a Wirehair person myself. Bill Murphy
Posted By: PeteM Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/28/11 12:26 AM
Bill Murphy "eightbore and Bill Wise "Owl Eyes"

Gregoriy.

Welcome to the board. Hope you stay around for a long time. Great wolf hunting picture!

Pete
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/31/11 12:43 AM
deleted
Posted By: 775 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/31/11 11:58 PM
Gregoriy,

That MUST be your son with you?

Your pictures and your dog are beautiful, you seem to be blessed with plentiful game, good guns and great company:)

Please put up with us and let us know what great things you are up to with that gorgeous dog and family.

Best,
Mark
Thank you Gentelmen,

for pleasure words to my and dog address . My son at the last photo with birds .He is 23 now . With two wolfs and snow sled is son of jager.
I read some topics from this forum and have seen a lot of photos . Mostly it is great . And it is very interesting to see and know a lot of new . Re. birds and animals . view of hunters and specialy re .guns .
Thank you once more .
Gregoriy 50 years old .
Belorussia partidge hunting
my friends were more sucsessfull
my wife Maldives fishing
my daughter at the forest birch burl diam more than 30 inch
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/01/11 09:09 PM
Super pictures Gregoriy, thank you for sharing.....keep them coming....

Beautiful family and successful friends......... smile

Best Regards,
Of all our topics, I've enjoyed this more than any. I am grateful. Thank you, Doug.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/01/11 11:57 PM
Gregorly, those auerhahn (Spelling???) or "black game" are REALLY impressive! "Eurogobblers!" Shot with a shotgun??? Gun and load?
Gregoriy,
I'd love to have that burl. It will make some nice furniture and turnings. Those big birds sure look impressive! They must be fun to hunt.
Chris
Dear Mike ,

I am sorry my English is not fluently specialy in hunting respect.And could be I understand something wrong .
I assume you ask re.capercaillie photo. It was at he spring time during wedding songs of this birds . We used for it shotguns.But here specialy at Siberia region people use for it also rifles but according opinion of " right " hunters it is not sportive .

Best regards
Gregoriy
Posted By: GaryW Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/02/11 02:23 AM
A nice birthday quail hunt with my Aggie son and a couple of good dogs.
Posted By: GaryW Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/02/11 02:29 AM
Couldn't resist adding one more.....(L-R) Lifelong shooting buddy and Winchester 21 fanatic Cliff Fisher, Cyril Adams, and myself at the 2011 Adams Cup. Westside Sporting Grounds, Katy, Texas
Hi Chris,

yes you right it is interesting to find something look like it . I found this tree with burl many years ago . Just was a problem as it was far away from home and to bring it from forest was a problem - no roads around it . In years tree foll down and I have got a proper snowmobile with trough sled . We wait when snow become a solid befor spring time .We spend with my son few days as to cut this peace of wood and try to load to sled . As it was frosen to earth and we were able to move it with jack and winch of sled .Finally we cut off half and bring at home just a middle of it . And it was not in best condition as was little bit rotten as old and was keep any years at hte earth . But I hope to make open air table from it after it will be more dry in few years .
Here I will attached photo of cut an other burl . In English all of them have same name but in Russian it is an other names - first one - "suvel" and cut of it have slow curves of the layers and second "cup" have a lot of small curls and look like a Karelian birch wood.
Gregoriy
Gary,
nice photo . And could you tell me : your dog - left one- is pointing dog ? "Epaniol"breed or an other one ?
Gregoriy
Originally Posted By: Mike A.
Shot with a shotgun??? Gun and load?

12 ga shotgun, 35 gramms of shot, size from #2 to BB, is the most commonly used load I believe. Think lead goose loads.
Thank you very march for your help ,

As I have not understand what is mean in question. You right re. all data .

Best regards
Gregoriy
Gary, don't see many maple stocked Model 21 pigeon guns. Is Cliff's maple Model 21 by any chance bandleader Paul Whiteman's old pigeon gun which used to live in PA? The last time I saw it was about thirty years ago in Virginia. By the way, it's nice to see a picture of Mr. Adams. I hope he is well. Bill Murphy in MD.
Posted By: Mike A. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/02/11 04:18 PM
Thanks, guys! (I'll try to make my questions more English and less "American/slang/shorthand" in the future!).

The other name I'm familiar with for these birds is the Scottish "capercaillie." Not sure of the spelling but it's a Gaelic (non-English) word that refers to their mating dance. I have a Finnish Valmet combination gun that I think was designed for hunting them.

This is me on left with my pal Doug in the skinning shed at the club last fall following a long day and a couple of socials.

And these are my huntin' girls a couple years back. I am 53.

Rick
Posted By: GaryW Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/03/11 01:27 AM
The dog I'm holding is Bonnie, a Brittany spaniel that is 35 lbs. of pure bird-finding energy and I wish she was mine. My son's dog is a lab named Ammeau.
Posted By: GaryW Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/03/11 01:31 AM
No, but that is interesting to know about another maple stocked Winchester 21! Cliff's 21 trap was restocked by Larry Feland of Cypress, Texas. Feland is an artist with gun stocks and repaired a 21 forearm crack that is indistinguishable even with magnification. I am going to post some pics soon of a 21 trap that formerly belonged to a retired Air Force officer. It has Winchester 21-6 engraving including the muzzles, with 2 gold pheasants on the receiver bottom and a gold quail and turkey on the triggerguard. I want to find out where the engraving was done.....it is not Winchester, but exquisitely done.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/05/11 11:46 AM
Gary, the Win with 21-6 engraving from the retired Air Force Officer.....is it a 20 ga.....?

Best,
Posted By: GaryW Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/14/11 02:24 AM
Sorry, deer season has kept from checking in on the forum...no, the Winchester 21 Trap is a 12 gauge with 30" mod & full barrels. Many military officers who were stationed in Japan had guns engraved there. This is why I suspect the engraving is from a Japanese engraver. The scroll looks very much like the scroll I've seen on some high grade Miroku guns. I would just like to know some history on the gun.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/14/11 12:10 PM
Thanks GaryW for the response............Yes, as we returned from Viet Nam many pilots bought and had guns engraved/inlayed in Japan, including me.....the guns were well priced back then on base and the engraving was available everywhere near the air stations and bases and pretty good.......

We flew the aircraft off the carriers about 100 miles out direct to Atsugi Naval Air Station, Japan.... prior to the carriers entering Yokosuka Naval Base.........Both these bases had great Navy Exchange Stores and in those days they sold guns and everything else..........great how the world used to be........

Best,

Hi Forum. A few photos from enjoyable sxs experiences. Both with my favorite SxS.

Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 11/17/11 10:33 PM
Posted for.........Francis Morin -aka- RWTF........Run With The Fox......

RWTF - age 70 and my Grandaughter Sophia, she was 6 on October 26, 2011, who wants to be a doctor and will go to college from the proceeds of my gun auction after I'm gone, hate to miss that sale however... grin.....RWTF.......

As a SNOW plow..........

Francis is that the market basket snowman in your front yard ?
I knew it and I'm glad that I have always shown him (RWTF) now Mr. Morin the respect he has earned with his 70 years young and so richly deserves. smile
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 12/03/11 02:09 PM
Posted for:

Chuck Kribs AKA "Last Dollar"...77 Years young this year...Lefever fan...

I didn't have any "Franc posing thoughtfully with Gun" type pic stored,no camera either.
But I got this "Franc posing Thoughtfully with Cool Owl" shot smile
I'm on the right wink
cheers Franc
Posted By: LeFusil Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 12/26/11 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Franc Otte
I didn't have any "Franc posing thoughtfully with Gun" type pic stored,no camera either.
But I got this "Franc posing Thoughtfully with Cool Owl" shot smile
I'm on the right wink
cheers Franc

Franc.....You look like Frank Serpico in that pic! The owl...well, he looks like a owl. ;-)

Dustin
That's me on the right and Ol' Tom. He has the Parker and I have the Cornell Firearms???. North Dakota, 2010.
[IMG]
Posted By: James M Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 01/06/12 11:33 PM
If there's anyone on this forum under 30 please post your picture now. I'm concerned that we won't have enough members left to serve as pallbearers in another 5 years. shocked
Jim
Ain't that the truth brother, ain't that the truth!! frown
Posted By: gjw Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 01/07/12 06:07 AM
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
If there's anyone on this forum under 30 please post your picture now. I'm concerned that we won't have enough members left to serve as pallbearers in another 5 years. shocked
Jim

AMEN!!!!!
When I was under 30 I was still 10 years from falling in love with SxS's!
Aw, come on!
Guys under thirty are busy doing the important stuff like building the financial welfare for future double barrel purchase funds, or making future double gun lovers 8-)
Posted By: Nigel Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 01/08/12 07:01 PM
Having followed this topic from the start, it is clear that you desperately need a few handsome participants!

I thought I'd help...

Only 58 (young by DG standards smile ) and devilishly good looking!

1960 12-bore AyA Model 400 on sporting clays

Completely OT, but there is a railway siding just outside Bouse on the old Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe railroad (alongside Interstate 95) called Utting Siding (my surname is Utting). Photo is me at Utting Siding earlier this year. I believe it is named after a Charles Utting, a deputy US marshal based at Yuma, who may be (I'm still investigating) related. See: http://www.utting.org/genes/charles-utting/charles-utting.html

Thanks for all the photos you guys have posted - fascinating viewing.

Nigel.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/02/12 12:55 AM
Anymore handsome guys want to tack up their picture......??...

How 'bout you Ed Good.....?....
Any claim to good looking is about April Fool's ... but I feed the dogs, so they like me.

Jay

Posted By: Chuck H Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/02/12 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: PA24
...We flew the aircraft off the carriers about 100 miles out direct to Atsugi Naval Air Station, Japan.... prior to the carriers entering Yokosuka Naval Base.........Both these bases had great Navy Exchange Stores and in those days they sold guns and everything else..........great how the world used to be........

Best,

Between '65 and '68, I was a kid on Yokota AB. We would occasionally take a family trip to Atsugi and Yokohama for their PX. Atsugi was where we settled on shopping for the bigger ticket items like bicycles and cameras. (big for a NCO with 4 kids). I believe movies were free on Atsugi compared to the high price of 15 cents on the Air Bases. Funny...40 some years later, I'm working with two guys raised on/around Atsugi.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Doug.

Regards
Chuck
Chuck,

I'm stationed at Yokota AB now. I'm one of 13 Marines on the base. I'm sure it's changed alot since you were here. I shoot skeet one or twice a mont hat Camp Zama - which is next to Atsugi. My neighbor graduated high year 20 years ago.
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/02/12 11:20 PM
Patrick,
I'm sure it's changed a lot. I recall a skeet/trap range on the south end of the base where all the recreation stuff was. There's a running track shown on Google Earth that appears to be about the same place I recall. To the east of that track, near the end of the runway was where I recall the range was. There's all kinds of buildings in that area now, which used to be big open grassy area used for the holiday carnivals and such.

We lived in what was then called "South Area", near that traffic circle with the airplane in it now. All the streets on the base look different except a few. Gates have changed location too. Looks like most of the post war housing is all gone. I'd probably get lost there now.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/03/12 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Chuck H

Between '65 and '68, I was a kid on Yokota AB. We would occasionally take a family trip to Atsugi and Yokohama for their PX. Atsugi was where we settled on shopping for the bigger ticket items like bicycles and cameras. (big for a NCO with 4 kids). I believe movies were free on Atsugi compared to the high price of 15 cents on the Air Bases. Funny...40 some years later, I'm working with two guys raised on/around Atsugi.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Doug.

Regards
Chuck

Chuck, I'm glad it brought back some fond memories for you, me too.......Many wonderful and fine people in Japan, I made many friends. Some even visited me in the U.S. over the years.

The Atsugi U.S. Naval Air Station is now a joint Japanese/U.S. Airbase called Naval Air Facility Atsugi I believe. Lot's of things have changed, as you pointed out. The open land is nearly all gone now. After the war I again visited Japan many times for over 20 years from the 70's up through the late 90's and watched Japan flourish and grow. I especially like the people and the areas surrounding Sasebo.

Best,
Posted By: Chuck H Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/03/12 04:30 AM
My father used to talk about Sasebo often. My father met my mother in the south of Japan when stationed at Itazuke AB. Older sis and younger brother were born in Japan on Air Bases. I recall bits of the '58-62 time in Misawa up north. I still remember the cold winter days and the street vendors selling fire roasted sweet potatoes from hand pushed carts with makeshift ovens. I can still smell the sweet potatoes.
Posted By: Hoof Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 04/03/12 04:47 AM
Jim

This is a really crappy picture, but how about my boy, he was 8 when this was taken, blasting away with a 16 gauge 311.
If he had his way it would probably be a Benelli, but he does like shooting Cyrano. We named his gun that because with 28" barrels and an 11" length of pull it looks like a face with a long nose. Just can't bring myself to bob those barrels (it was his great great uncles gun) and I can't find a set of 16 gauge tubes anywhere. I bought a junk stock and cut that down to preserve the original, but no barrels yet.
CHAZ

CHAZ
No pics, but my hunting buddy has two sets of twin boys who are just gonzo about upland birds and ducks. The nine-year-olds have gone with us for the last five years, and the four-year-olds are clamoring to join us this season. One of the older boys is a better duck caller than most adults. There is hope.
Posted By: PA24 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 09/06/12 01:20 PM
Any new members have pictures...?
Posted By: J.R.B. Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/13 02:13 AM
Well Doug it's time to meet some new faces and get reaquainted with some old ones. This is me last fall during pheasant season by the old Ford. Picture taken by gjw Greg.
Leighton Stallones---This was at the World English April 2013

Posted By: Chuck H Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/13 04:10 PM
Greg,
Those fields look familiar. Great looking country.
regards
Chuck
The missus and I....a couple of months ago at Texoma...Yep she caught the larger fish.

Posted By: Paradox Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/13 04:46 PM
Jim

I'm under 30!
Originally Posted By: Paradox
Jim

I'm under 30!

No doublegun pallbearers for you! smile
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/13 06:55 PM
This was me two weeks ago Friday in Colorado with a nice 5 x 5
I arrowed, sorry no doublegun used to harvest the elk. Maybe next time.

Posted By: k.adair Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 10/03/13 10:28 PM
This is the only picture of myself I could find. A friend of mine took this while patterning my L.C. Smith with black powder loads.

[img:center]http://[/img]
Reading MattH's new thread reminded me of this one, so I though I would bring it back to the top.

No doubt there are some pics missing with the PB debacle.

Oh, and it was started by PA24, Doug Woodin and that alone is enough to bring it back up. smile
Here's a photo of me with a late season grouse last year. Looking forward to this year!
Karl
Posted By: GLS Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 07/20/17 03:45 PM
Here I am on the right just over 30. The photo was taken more than 30 years ago, however. Note modern camo, cow pie pattern. Gil

OK, James. Here's a more recent one.
The title of this post should be changed to, is there anyone left standing?
Gil, if we are going old, here's me building model planes from balsa, tissue and dope. 1969....48 years ago. Just above me to the right was my masterpiece....a Fokker DR.1 triplane. We flew them all using little .049 hp engines running alcohol. Not R/C but hand controls. We'd have dogfights with each other.

This one's more recent....last month (I have no hunting pics that show me):

I am not under 30, almost 42, but a couple of my hunting partners are under 30. Here are a couple of pictures taken over the years in South Dakota, Kansas and at home in Louisiana

It will be my mission this year to get some good hunting pics that include me! Lol
Posted By: Owenjj3 Re: Member Pics...Who's Who on this Forum... - 07/21/17 12:24 AM
I am kneeling in the photo beside my WPG, Lucy. This is the "elevensies" shot of a driven hunt in which I was fortunate to participate at Primland in March 2017.

/img

Me last year in NY hunting grouse no birds on this day. Gun is a 12 guage AYA XXVbl
Me with the 1916 Fox CE.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Beautiful Fox Mike!!!!!

Refinished?

Golly Mike... I've never seen you without a hat!

I know exactly where you're standing in that first picture - Love that course!
Yes sir, that CE is refinished. The stock is 99.9% perfect dimensions for me too. Nice when a plan falls together. :-)
Originally Posted By: DAM16SXS
Golly Mike... I've never seen you without a hat!

I know exactly where you're standing in that first picture - Love that course!

Yessiree, station #8 Main Course. Some days even I get to go out and play!! As for the hat, I never shoot w/o one.
Thanks Mike,

We should start a thread on guys who have redone their Fox shotguns.

I'm starting to lose track of them. But all of them are sweet.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com