doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: max w c scott - 06/26/11 08:31 PM

Gents,

I picked up a W C Scott Hammer double project gun. I believe it is a 10 gage as when I put a 12 gage shell in he chamber it dropped past the ejector and then fit the chamber. It is a sidelock with nice scroll engraving plus dog/duck engraving on each lock. Also has nice piece of wood with a metal butt place. The serial number is 8882. It has the number 11 stamped on the bottom of each barrel. The action is marked w c scott pat. 2752. It appears to have steel barrel. The problem is that it is missing the top rib and the trigger guard. Action seems to work fine. I am not set up to post picture.

Any information provided from the above description will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Max
Posted By: Franc Otte Re: w c scott - 06/26/11 09:53 PM
Max
Without pic's it's hard to say if it's a good deal or not.
What did you pay also is impoortant
Not having a top rib n trigger guard might be an expensive repair..but if you're handy..n its a top draw SLE...????
I've no idea about the cost of ribs or the guard, but hope you got it cheap enough for it to work out..cost wise.WC Scott made some lovely Guns, right jOe????
good luck
franc
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: w c scott - 06/26/11 10:47 PM
If it's the W&C Scott out of the Grimmig estate sale I doubt you'll ever find the parts to fix it up.
Posted By: max Re: w c scott - 06/27/11 12:20 PM

jOe,

It was, but heck at under 200 I had to buy the thing. The trigger guard will be a problem, however that will not keep me from shooting the gun. A replacement top rib should not be an issue. At any rate for the price I will shoot it as is. Might even "butcher" the barrels and have that coach gun I been wanting. Action appears fine and at first cleaning, I have shot doubles with bores much worst than these appear.

Regards,

Max
Posted By: Salopian Re: w c scott - 06/27/11 12:26 PM
For goodness sake get of your backside and make a trigger guard.
Posted By: Cary Re: w c scott - 06/27/11 12:39 PM
Originally Posted By: salopian
For goodness sake get of your backside and make a trigger guard.

Yep! While you're at it step into the kitchen, fire up the brigeport and cobble up a rib. Might want to buy an aircraft ticket for Mr. Fewless. I assume you'll be happy eith a smooth rib? Or maybe you can find another parts gun with a rib that'll fit. Just check with the previous owner of yours. I'll just bet he knows a lot about canniblising (sp) ribs.

PS: Tried to attach a smiling face but failed. Post is entirely tongue in cheek.
Posted By: Jent P Mitchell lll W C Scott that needs help - 06/27/11 01:01 PM
Hello Max, I have two sets of W C Scott barrels that may fit your W C Scott frame. I think that the barrels that I have are 12 gauge, I will check them. Good Shooting To You, Jent ----- jentpmitchell@msn.com
Posted By: max Re: W C Scott that needs help - 06/27/11 01:07 PM

Jent, I could be interested.

Regards,

Max
Posted By: CJO Re: W C Scott that needs help - 06/27/11 01:21 PM
Max....I might have a Scott trigger guard for you

I'll have a look and let you know

CJ
Posted By: max Re: W C Scott that needs help - 06/27/11 01:35 PM

CJO,

Please do, I am more concerned about the trigger guard than the rib for the barrel. Heck, I'll shoot the thing without the top rib.

Regards,

Max
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com