doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: David OT - Warne QD rings and bases question - 01/17/07 02:29 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Warne Quick Detatch rings and two-piece bases? I am looking at them. I have several sets of Talley Quick Release rings and bases and really like them, but they are well more than twice what the Warne products sell for. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: PeteM Re: OT - Warne QD rings and bases question - 01/17/07 02:49 AM
David,

I have a set on a Marlin 1895 CB 45-70. I have no complaints. They return the scope nicely to the point of aim. Is there a particular question about them?

Pete
Posted By: David Re: OT - Warne QD rings and bases question - 01/17/07 04:23 AM
Hello PeteM,

You answered my main question, that they return to point of aim. Thanks very much.

David
I have several sets on my rifles. They look good, and return to zero.

They did have some quality control issues though. Ring halves seldom matched up and all had to be reamed with a 1" Clymer scope ring reamer to prevent denting the scope body. They also sent out defective base mounting screws at one time, they snapped off regularly. (Lest anyone think I was meathanded, to their credit they admitted the problem).

They were a pain in the ass to get right but once they were right they were good.

Customer service was good but I like to think that the best customer service is the one that I don't need, they get it right the first time.

I still have a couple of sets that I'll probably use just because I have them but if I were buying new I'd spend the extra money for the Talley's and be done with it
I have used several sets of each on personal and clients' rifles. Even if the Talleys were 5x as much, I still would not use Warne if the decision were up to me.
Posted By: David Re: OT - Warne QD rings and bases question - 01/17/07 02:50 PM
Thanks to eveyone for their comments. This helps.

Best,
David
Posted By: Halvey Re: OT - Warne QD rings and bases question - 01/17/07 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Marc Stokeld
I have used several sets of each on personal and clients' rifles. Even if the Talleys were 5x as much, I still would not use Warne if the decision were up to me.
Because???
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com