doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: JimfromTrafalgar Macon Gunstocks - 04/05/11 06:11 PM
I placed an order for a stock and forend on a model 97 the weekend before last and have not heard a word yet. I even replied to their e-mail acknowledging and thanking me for the order asking if they had any idea about shipping dates. This was late last week and still no response. I'm not overly worried about things yet, but was wondering if anyone here has had experience with them? Most places I do business with over the internet usually provide more info and communicate order status, etc.
Thanks,
Jim
Posted By: Sandlapper Re: Macon Gunstocks - 04/05/11 09:21 PM
Jim, I recently had them make an early M-12 20 guage forend and buttstock out of my English blank, and they did a great job and could not have been nicer or more reasonable in price(1/3 the price quoted by their competitor dow the road).The lady that manages their office was always on top of the situation.I'm sure you will hear from them soon. Marcus
Posted By: JimfromTrafalgar Re: Macon Gunstocks - 04/06/11 10:06 AM
Did you call, or e-mail? This order was for what I thought were "in-stock" items, so I'm a lttle surprised that I haven't heard or seen something by now. If that's not the case, and they have to make what I ordered first, all I'm looking for is a ballpark as to when to start looking for the stuff. Right now, for all I know the order is lost in the mail.
I have to agree with you on price. Very good looking wood, even the "lower grade" stuff.
Jim
Posted By: colin.kendall Re: Macon Gunstocks - 04/06/11 02:27 PM
I sent them an e-mail about a month ago concerning a Model 21 I have my eye on. This is the one I told you about that had the buttstock chopped back about 4 inches and had a replacement piece doweled and glued, with the grain running up and down. I ended up calling Macon about a half hour after I sent the e-mail. I talked to the receptionist and she forwarded me to the person in charge, as he had just gotten the e-mail. I must have talked to him for close to twenty minutes. He was very nice and answered all of my questions.
Posted By: Sandlapper Re: Macon Gunstocks - 04/07/11 01:26 AM
I also believe you would do better calling and talking to them. Marcus
Posted By: JimfromTrafalgar Re: Macon Gunstocks - 04/07/11 04:25 PM
Yep,
I called and we got things moving without much problem. The issue was stock levels on the appropriate forend and expected run dates for future stock. They're sending me a smooth forend instead of corncob, of slightly higher figure but at the same price, and I'll either add the grooves or checker dependant upon what seems appropriate to me after getting a look. According to Vicki, things should ship tomorrow, and she'd hand picked a nice stock for this application. She's a sweetheart.
Jim
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com