doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: jerry66stl CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 01:54 AM
CDNN has 12 ga. CZ Bobwhite SxS's on sale for $499; which is well below the usual wholesale price of $562. Boxlock, english stock, double triggers, case color, extractors, 5 choke tubes, 28" barrels, made in Turkey. Supposedly suitable for steel shot.

Anyone own one of these? Any experience to share?
Clearly it is not of Arrietta quality, but how well do they hold up?

CZ repair shop is in Kansas City, and it comes with a 5-year warranty on all metal parts. I'm thinking about getting one....

JERRY
Posted By: Philbert Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 02:11 AM
I've been happy with my 28ga.
Posted By: gjw Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 02:12 AM
Hi Jerry, the opinion on these guns (along with the Ringneck and other Turk guns) vary like the shape of snowflakes.

Go over to Shotgun World and do a search under Bobwhite, Ringneck, Dehann and see what I mean. They even have a sub forum dealing with Turk guns.

The CDNN price is a good one.

All the best!

Greg
Posted By: Jeff Keller Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 03:28 AM
I've had no problems with my 20, and it gets used hard for skeet and trap.
Posted By: Art Swanson Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 05:51 AM
I've owned my .20 ga. w/28' barrels for 2 years and the trigger pulls were a little on the heavy side but now that I've put over 1,000 rounds through it they are not bad.No other complaints.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 12:40 PM
I use a 12 bore, with steel, for waterfowling. Lots of heavy loads through it, and no problems. Nice to be able to throw it on top of the decoy cart, drag it up the river, without getting too concerned about marring the finish. I (we) also have a 16 and a 28 CZ. The 28 has thousands of rounds through it, sporting clays, with nary a bobble...great value for money....all ours have double triggers...
Posted By: popplecop Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 01:16 PM
Bought a pair of them when they first came out a 20 with 28" bbls and a 28 with 26" bbls. Over the years I have no idea how many rounds have gone through the, most in pasture clays. The 20 has killed it share of ducks with bothsteel and other non tox. Now use mostly bismuth and Kent Matrix for ducks over decoys, thankfully I aquired quite a bit of both when on sale and close outs. I have not had one problem with either one of these shotguns.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 01:26 PM
They're unusually light for inexpensive sxs--in 28ga. I think those are probably the best buy of all the Bobwhites, for that reason. I did have a 16ga with very heavy trigger pulls, and it definitely was not a lightweight for a 16 (nor are the 20's and 12's, compared to other guns of the same gauge). But CZ does have a very good reputation for standing behind their guns if there are any problems. A friend bought a .410 with chambers that would not accommodate his reloads. Nor, if I recall, one brand of factory shells. He sent it back, figuring they'd ream the chambers a bit. They sent him a new gun.

Most problems have been with single triggers; some with heavy trigger pulls. Other than that, pretty sound guns.
Posted By: chopperlump Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 11:01 PM
I love my CZ Bobwhite 28 ga. You won't find 20's or 28's at those prices. Chops
Posted By: Patriot USA Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/22/10 11:15 PM
Son in law just hammers wild phez using steel in his CZ Partridge 20; same gun, different dress. Loves his 28 for grouse.
I have a seven year old Dehaan SO 20; there again, same gun different dress, that I hit really good with.
Shot a box of about 40 year old ammo in it at trap one day, then noticed almost every primer was pierced. Not long after that I had to have work done by Dehaan on the right sear. Maybe the primer grit had something to do with it.
Posted By: jerry66stl Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/24/10 12:34 PM
THANKS for prompt responses.

Based upon all these good reports, I ordered the CZ-Bobwhite from CDNN. It should arrive next week, and then I'll try out it on some preserve pheasants.

JERRY
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/24/10 01:44 PM
What is CDNN?...Geo
Posted By: wburns Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/24/10 02:42 PM
I have had one for the past 6 years. Mine has been flawless. I have no idea how many shells through it anymore but I know it is in excess of 10,000 rounds. I have taken a pile of game ranging from Bobwhite quail to Canada Geese with it. For the price you can't go wrong IMO.

Posted By: Patriot USA Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/25/10 06:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
What is CDNN?...Geo

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
Posted By: jerry66stl Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/25/10 11:02 AM
CDNN is a large gun seler in Texas. They will sell to everyone at "wholesale" pricing, and then ship to your local FFL dealer. You can usually avoid paying sales tax, by paying CDNN with a credit card.

More importantly, they often have special deals on SOME new guns at very low prices. I don't know the HOW's or WHY's, but they buy overstocks and discontinued items, and then sell as great bargains. They mail out an interesting catalog every quarter; or you can read the catalog on-line.

Maybe they are "THE T-J MAX" of guns?

JERRY
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/25/10 03:08 PM
Thanks for the tip. Great prices on lots of stuff!...Geo
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/28/10 03:14 AM
Went to the CDNN site. Couldn't for the life of me find ANY CZ shotguns. What in blazes am I doing/not doing? Can anyone help me out or have I just flipped round the bend?
Posted By: Fred Lowe Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/28/10 03:38 AM
You will.need to call the 800 number and speak with a salesperson for gun prices and availability
Posted By: Vol423 Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/28/10 04:16 AM
There is a separate website for dealers. They have 12 gauge SXS straight grips in 26" and 28". Anyone want one?
Posted By: zwego Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/28/10 01:29 PM
Go to the CDNN website and click on the "on line" catalog in the middle of the page. Once it opens, go to page 43 to find the CZ guns on sale. Both 26 & 28" guns are listed for the same price of $499. No need to call to see the price on this particular gun, although some other items do have a POR.
Good luck,
Z
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/29/10 12:57 AM
Thanks, zwego! - Why would a cheap sxs, 500 bucks, seem like a weird siren song to some ear in my brain that hears" Hey! what the F***? Just pick one up and use it for whatever you want! Ya won't hafta worry aboutevery scratch and ding - just blast away!" Strange appeal, but I think I'll just pass and put that 500 bucks towards my next ridiculously expensive gun.
Posted By: jerry66stl Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/29/10 01:34 AM
The CZ Bobwhite (HUGLU) arrived and went pheasant hunting...

Posted By: jerry66stl Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/29/10 01:42 AM
While I have and use several very nice classic SxS's, one area that we hunt requires non-toxic shot. In that area, I use regular steel shot in the right (Open) barrel, but have to use hard-t0-find $3 bismuth shells in the tight left barrel.

The new CZ came with 5 choke tubes,is "steel-safe", and I won't be upset if it acquires a few scratches.

First day out I shot to roosters with 3 shells. That may be the first time I went hunting with a brand new gun, without first test-firing it beforehand. It worked fine.
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: CDNN Sale Priced CZ-BOBWHITES - 12/29/10 03:10 AM
Jerry - From what I can see, that gun looks like a rather "more than OK" piece. And you brought up a PERFECT use for one - steel shot. I'm taken aback a little, because I seem to be reconsidering my initial, rather prejudiced impression of the CZ. Again, from your photo it looks like a definitely usable hunting shotgun. I have to admit, there's an appeal that was unexpected.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com