doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Small Bore New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 06:34 PM
I have just finished the new website for AGL.

Still a few things to finish off like photographing about 30 guns!

However, please have a look and let me know if and how it functions and looks from where you are. Any probs and I can sort them out in good time.

Many thanks.

Dig
Posted By: Roundsworth Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 07:40 PM
Awesome, Diggory! I am impressed. Your selection of 'game shooting' is interesting. It is a radical departure from Ruffed Grouse hunting in northern Minnesota. My cousins have a large estate, Sulham-on-Thames is the official nomenclature (I think). Nunhyde is included. I wonder if they have enough land to walk about for gamebirds! Cheers!
Posted By: PALUNC Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 07:42 PM
Dig, very nicely done. A lot better than the old site. Do you offer a payment plan on the Pape hammer gun? Ha!
Mike Proctor
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 07:45 PM
Those damn English guns made me drool all over my computer, which shorted out and started smoking profusely which of course set off the fire alarm.

Now I have the fire department here asking a whole bunch of stupid questions.

Thanks a lot Dig!!
Posted By: Small Bore Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 07:47 PM
Half now, half on Xmas Day! and a tenner to the BBS
Posted By: JM Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 09:37 PM
Well done Dig! I like the web site very much.
Posted By: Ballistix999 Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/15/10 10:05 PM
Much better...good job Dig. Get the rest of those guns on there so I can take another look.. smile
Posted By: Small Bore Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/16/10 04:34 PM
If you click on the fuzzy gun photos they re-set sharper. Not sure why but will phase those old ones out as new stuff goes up. Also, if you click on any of the small photos, like on the news page, it launches a gallery slide-show of bigger images.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/17/10 01:13 AM
Wonderful Improvement.
Best of luck with the new venture!
Posted By: Krakow Kid Re: New Website for Atkin Grant & Lang - 10/17/10 02:04 AM
Very nice layout. Inviting and friendly. A refreshing look all around. Well done, Dig. By the way, I've got a beautiful old Joseph Lang muzzleloading double rifle. Barrels are superb, outside AND inside, the rifling completely untouched by any rust or pitting AT ALL. The serial # is 355. I did send an e0mail to your firm last spring asking about its history. Unfortunately it seems that the earliest records were destroyed by bombing in the blitz. But I was iniformed that it was most likely made in the first year or so of production. \

Just for the heck of it, it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know if you ever come across any earlier made Langs. Forgot to mention that the engraving is, of course, first rate as well as the wood. But the most interesting thing to me about the wood is that while its picked up the normal dings and scratches you'd expect on a hunting rifle so old, all the checkering is CRISP. Wherever the wood is checkered it looks as if it was done yesterday! It really is a beautiful piece and I love it dearly.

And a warm, cryptic and heartfelt THANKS for the part you recently played in getting an old muzzleloading shotgun across the waters. I appreciate it greatly.

You must know that you are the envy of this entire site! Enjoy yourself.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com