doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Last Dollar Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/08/10 03:46 PM
Dave Anderson, long time vintager, shooter, collector, passed last spring. There will be an estate sale on October 15th-16th in Littleton Colorado at 7950 Upham Street. There are Parkers, Winchesters, Savage 99's, African Rifles and all of the other stuff a Wealthy sportsman might have....That is all I know about this sale at this time. If I learn more, I will certainly post it. BUT if you are near the Denver area you should go. He knew good stuff .......I'll be elk hunting....
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/11/10 12:14 PM
Got another email on this sale...It is a sale NOT an auction...Things are priced pretty fairly, not gun show prices...But I dont have much more detail....I am sending one of my best people to see if I can buy one of the African Rifles...Also lots of neat trophy mounts if your into dead animals...
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/11/10 02:23 PM
I'm into dead animals adorning the walls but why on earth would you buy someone elses mount???
Posted By: RHD45 Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/11/10 04:09 PM
People collect then even if they didn't shoot them.Really fine ones can bring some serious money.Elk,deer,moose and African spiral horned antelopes seem to bring the most.Elephant tusks bring a lot but they attract the speculators in ivory.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/11/10 05:13 PM
Last Dollar, is there an internet site where this merchandise can be viewed? This sounds like an interesting way to dispose of a collection. Personally, I plan to have a barbecue and free beer to go along with the sale.
Posted By: Last Dollar Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/12/10 01:03 AM
No I dont think so..all the info I am getting is from the Rocky Mountain Vintagers....I got a couple of pics early on...thats it...There is a .505 on a big Mauser action that I'd like to have, but I wont be around for the sale...My bro is taking my checkbook to the sale....I dunno if thas a good idea...but...
Posted By: tudurgs Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/12/10 01:14 AM
There was an auction in Detroit about 8-10 months ago, with a big collection of African stuffers offered. \Unfortunately, they didn't have the necessary CITES paperwork, and the bunch were withdrawn a couple of days before the action. It's like a necessary bodily funtion - the job's not done until the paperwork is finished
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/12/10 02:50 AM
I have an idea what CITES is but not the whole story.
Posted By: Pre-13 LC Coll Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/12/10 04:41 AM
CITES: Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora

http://www.cites.org/eng/disc/species.shtml
Posted By: vh20 Re: Parker Fans & other stuff - 10/12/10 05:55 AM
Originally Posted By: eightbore
Last Dollar, is there an internet site where this merchandise can be viewed? This sounds like an interesting way to dispose of a collection. Personally, I plan to have a barbecue and free beer to go along with the sale.

That's a stroke of genius, Bill. Give 'em ENOUGH free beer, and there's no telling WHAT they'll pay. Sounds like beer could be a cheap investment with a high return. Instead of waking up with an ugly woman the next morning, they'll wake up and say, "I paid HOW MUCH for that?!" Same principle...turns a "2" into a "10", if only for a little while.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com