doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Grouser47 Grulla help please - 06/17/10 02:13 AM
Hello all,
I have been offered a Grulla boxlock from an estate. The gun is in 12ga with ejectors, DT, Bls are 27.5" and are shiney with no pitting. Nice engraving but the wood has been poorly refinished and will need attention. It is in a distant city so I can not put it in my hands. I would like to give the widow a fair price. Based on the info and pictures can anyone advise me to it's aproximate worth? Asked on another forum but got silence.
Cheers, John

Posted By: Patriot USA Re: Grulla help please - 06/17/10 03:22 AM
I would certainly rate Garbi with Grulla, although, that Grulla looks to have more engraving and drop points. Here's what a Garbi boxlock went for today on GB. IMO, that guy got a good deal.

http://v2.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=173325710
Posted By: danross70 Re: Grulla help please - 06/17/10 03:24 AM
This gun is rare enough that there is no "market value" established for it, at least in the US. I would compare it to an AYA or Ugartechea boxlock. Grulla is a more desirable maker that U. and, in my opinion would be worth more. A new AYA 453, plain back boxlock will go $3000 US, new. Used $1000 to $1500 or less for a gun as old as I suspect this Grulla is. The Grulla is nicely engraved and is a "fancy back" action, but the stock needs work. In the US, I would consider $1200 to $1500 to be a fair price for the gun. I have no idea how the Canadian market compares to a US price.
Posted By: Adam Stinson Re: Grulla help please - 06/17/10 04:40 AM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170661774

Here is my Grulla BLE 20ga that I sold recently for $1400. Seems like the same basic gun. I would say $1000 would be fair for it if its mechanically sound. A better buy in its condition would be less though. They are great quality guns. I would put them on the same level as the AYA #4 Deluxe... better than the Ugartechea or Standard AYA 4/53 in my opinion. The quality of the fit, finish, wood (both figure and stock shape and lines), checkering, and handling was great. Good luck!

Adam
Posted By: Grouser47 Re: Grulla help please - 06/17/10 11:55 AM
Thanks for your advise -- other than the stock needing to be stripped and refinished in oil, I am told that the gun is sound.
Cheers/thanks, John
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com