doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: petepuss01 e schmidt & habermann - 02/25/10 06:58 AM
hi does anyone have any info about a german gun making firm e schmidt & habermann,i have got a 12ga blne 30" barrels sxs.
i cant find anything on the web apart from other guns for sale
any info appreciated
thanks.pete
Posted By: bill schodlatz Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/25/10 03:01 PM
I restocked one, it was a high end single shot. I understand they are noted for their rifles.
bill
Posted By: John Mann Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/25/10 04:41 PM
The firm is at the very highest end of the high end.
They only make custom ordered guns.Very expensive and worth every euro.
Best regards,
John

Please ignore this post. I had a senior moment.
Best,
John
Posted By: ellenbr Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/25/10 11:31 PM
E(Erdmann) S(chmidt) & HA(bermann), Suhl. The firm was founded in 1886 and I think both fellas were up in years very similar to Moncrieff & Gye. E. Schmidt I think to be a businessman and possibly a Senator at some point. As usual with a business name, the money man was 1st and the workhorse/craftsman was 2nd. By the time this example was made Richard, Franz & Paul Stadelmann were the owners and possibly by 1927 Richard was out of the picture. What relationship they had to Schmidt or Habermann, I can't say. ESHA seems to have been a large source for the trade, especially in big bore Mauser bolt guns. I'm really not sure how they fit in the Mauser-Krieghoff-Schüler-Sauer versions. If you could post pics I might be able to tell what model it is. A pic of the flats and area ahead of the flats to the forend lug more than likely will name the maker. I may have more info somewhere.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: John Mann Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/26/10 02:42 AM
Have I confused something here?
Best,
John
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/26/10 03:47 AM
John, were you thinking of Hartman and Weiss perhaps?
Posted By: John Mann Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/26/10 11:56 PM
Damn !!! Another senior moment.
Yes I was thinking of them. Well, really misthinking of them.LOL
Thanks for catching that.
Best,
John
Posted By: Jerry V Lape Re: e schmidt & habermann - 02/27/10 01:03 AM
John, don't condemn those senior moments, celebrate having lived long enough to have them. I know I certainly am accruing them more frequently now. They are attributed to having finally acquired enough knowledge to be pushing the limit on the capacity of our C drives. When it is full you simply have to delete a few items to make space.
Posted By: petepuss01 Re: e schmidt & habermann - 03/04/10 06:12 AM
thanks for your replies gents.i will try to get some pics next week
cheers, pete
Posted By: ellenbr Re: e schmidt & habermann - 03/11/10 06:48 PM

Just a cross-postref.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com