doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: gjw Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 06:48 AM
Hi all, I've seen the ads in DGJ from Vintage Doubles and also Kirby's website. He has some nice doubleguns for sale.

For those who bought from him, I was wondering how your dealings went with him?

Thanks all.

Greg
Posted By: Jon S Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 01:40 PM
I've brought two guns from Kirby. A Diamond Quality Daly and a 16b Dan'l Fraser. Both dealings were satisfactory. His prices tend to lean toward "resonable" so if you have a gun to trade, don't be upset when he offers you about half of it's market value. He is a straight ahead guy and I would not hesitate to deal with him again.
Posted By: clayws Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 02:35 PM
Friendly and knowledgeable guy. Pleasant and easy to deal with.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 02:40 PM
Ditto Jon S and clayws.

I have purchased two guns from him, missed a couple of others as we couldn't get together on price. I have severe non-buyer's remorse over one of them. I wish I would have gone up the 5% we were apart.

Best,

Mike
Posted By: Montana Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 02:56 PM
Kirby has a wide range of guns and has made himself knowledgeable. As his inventory has expanded, he obviously doesn't remember every last detail about each, but he will go pick up a gun and do his best to describe it. I have found him enjoyable to deal with several times. I second the comment that his prices are reasonable.
Posted By: tunes Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 03:18 PM
Met him a a clays shoot in Illinois a few years ago, very pleasant fellow. Most of his guns looked better in person than on the web-site.

Buyer's remorse can be an ugly thing. We suffer for years over a couple of hundred bucks.

tunes
Posted By: Lorne Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 08:26 PM
I purchased a muzzle loader from him. Well described and a reasonable price.

He's also genuinely personable.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/22/10 10:05 PM
Good description.
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/23/10 02:03 AM
Kirby is purported to have picked up a Sauer Meisterwerke at the Vegas show & I'm curious if he had a buyer.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: LD1 Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/23/10 10:11 PM
I have bought a number of double rifles from him. HE IS VERY HONEST WITH HIS DESCRIPTIONS. His prices are fair. I will continue to buy from him.
Posted By: Kevin Springman Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/24/10 03:06 PM
I purchased a Lindner from him a few years back and after the inspection I sent it back to him. He took a while to refund my money and then told me that I had to pay him the credit card %, which I have never had happen before with returned guns; other then that, everything was fine. Seems like a good man.
Posted By: J. Stephens Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/24/10 06:47 PM
Not to get off track on this thread but to answer ellenbr question...the Sauer was reported to me to be a Grade 380 proofed in '32. Don't know any more about it. jeff
Posted By: Dave Weber Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/24/10 08:01 PM
Kirby is a character!

He has been a consistent and honorable advertiser here on doublegunshop.com for several years.

In addition; I have met him personally on several occasions and would not hesitate to seek his advice on a double gun or purchase a gun from him.

Honorable and knowledgeable…a good man!
Posted By: Steve Helsley Re: Vintage Doubles - Seller - 01/26/10 05:57 AM
I've purchased a number of guns from Kirby over the past 10-years.
He is a fair, honest and gracious man. It's too bad there aren't more dealers like him.
Steve Helsley
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com