doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dave K Golcher up for auction in Maryland - 09/22/09 12:05 PM
anyone near Towson MD?
http://www.stevedance.com/newIndex.cfm?page=prop&itemType=2&detail=yes&iid=143

also a Drilling ,could be a dead end but no pics on the site so I won't be bidding,if your close enough it might be worth the trip-mid week,estate auctions with guns either go real high or real low.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Golcher up for auction in Maryland - 09/22/09 03:52 PM
The Golcher is described as maple stocked with patchbox, so it isn't going to be a Thomas Golcher Lindner made breechloading gun. The driller is marked 8.8X16X16 with no more description. I think I'll follow my original plans and head for the Vintagers. Thanks for posting the information.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Golcher up for auction in Maryland - 09/22/09 04:51 PM
If it is a William Golcher, it may have some value. Hard to guess without pictures.

Pete
Posted By: Dave K Re: Golcher up for auction in Maryland - 09/22/09 05:08 PM
Its one of those where you have to go and see,could well be a dead end.Antique dealers make many mistakes in adds and have no clue what they are selling.When you call and ask about chokes, chambers,or condition they have no idea what to say.
I once went to a auction that had a "Japanese Luger" in description,it was a Nambu,didn't get that one but picked up a nice S42 Luger all matching including mag for $600.
Sounds like a muzzle loader with Golcher furnished locks. Pretty common and almost all were lower end guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com