doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Replacement Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/24/09 07:16 PM
Ran across some Fiocchi 12 ga 7/8 oz Low Recoil Training Loads, so I called Fiocchi re chamber pressures. Per their tech supt guy, who consulted with their ballistician, these shells are designed to produce 6000 psi in 12 ga, and do not exceed 6600 with normal production variances. Seems like a good, convenient load for old doubles. My local emporium has them for $7.49/box, have seen them online for about $6.70.

Available in #8 and #7-1/2, at 1200 fps. Why has there been no buzz about these shells, or have I just missed it?

They also offer their 20-VIP and 16-GT, both at 7500 psi design pressure. Seems like a reasonable solution for older smallbores.
Posted By: postoak Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/24/09 07:36 PM
I have had great luck with their 16 Ga. Game & Target shells and their 20 Ga. Trainers.

It is very refreshing for a major Ammo maker to divulge the pressure level of their shells.
Posted By: ChiefShotguns Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/24/09 07:46 PM
I haven't seen the Fiocchi low pressure loads. Every Fiocchi load I have tried in my guns seems to be loaded to the max, as they all seem to really "thump" the shooter. Good loads otherwise, providing clean kills and/or good breaks on the clays. I particularly like the "Golden Pheasant" loads, but I don't run them through vintage guns.
Posted By: CptCurl Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/24/09 11:38 PM
Another one to consider - B&P offers their "High Pheasant" load in a 65mm case. The 12b loading comes in 1 oz. and 1 1/16 oz. in shot sizes 5, 6, & 7. They describe the load as "Ideal for short chamber shotguns."

Curl
Posted By: Randall Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/25/09 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: CptCurl
They describe the load as "Ideal for short chamber shotguns."

I know nothing about B&P's load, but I wouldn't dare trust that description, in and of itself, as an indication of low pressure and thereby compatibility w/ vintage SxS shotguns - particularly w/ a name like 'High Pheasant'.
Just my 1 cent worth.
Posted By: Doug Fore Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/25/09 03:29 AM
I've used the Fiochi 7/8- #8's training loads in several guns, even won a BSA sporting clay event with them, effective rounds.

On the B&P High Pheasant there was a discussion here looks like March of 2007 on this chart from B&P (including High Pheasant @ published 8416 PSI , however reality may be more? See the question that lead to a 7 page discussion on reality of BAR vs/. PSI, ect.)

http://www.bandpusa.com/files/db_trio.pdf

http://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthrea...bbd5c53fdf9f9c3
Posted By: Replacement Re: Fiocchi Low Pressure Loads - 08/25/09 03:57 AM
Fiocchi tech support quoted the pressures in PSI. I bought a bunch of the 12-7/8's today to try on doves. They'll go into a Parker G hammer Damascus from 1885.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com