doublegunshop.com - home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvncpT4EVzQ&feature=email

I thought it was time to have a little fun here. I don't think anyone on this forum would want to be picking these empties out with their fingernails from this baby! This gun also ejects with an attitude.
BTW: Rumor has it that Destry is looking into getting some No 8 shot shell loads for one of these so he can "reach out and touch" those high flying geese!!
Jim
Yes. If you don't kill it the first shot, how fast would you want to reload?
There was a time when you could order a 20mm Lahti anti-aircraft gun on full carriage for about $250 out of Shotgun News.

George
Videos of hillbillies like that are nothing more than ammunition for the anti-gun crowd.

Find a soccer mom who is on the fence about gun ownership, show her that video, then watch her cast her vote for Oprah for Prez.

As a point of reference, I once had a conversation with a man of color who was truly unable to fathom why a man who was not of color would refrain from taking his family to the beach if he came upon a group of youths such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

To him, it was just folks having a good time. Just like those hillbillies are just having a good time.
Well GregSY:
Your above you tube link will just about assure that this thread,which I started as fun, will get deleted. If that was your intent you probably accomplished it.
Jim
Why would it get your thread deleted? It is a link to a video that was shown on television at all times of day to any and all. All it shows is some good folks having a swell time.

My intention is to give my opinion as to people posting stuff on the internet that does a lot more harm, to themselves even, than good.

As a gun owner, I hardly commend those hillbillies for fueling anti-gun sentiment. It might be fun to you (and me, if no one sees it) but it's the sort of thing that is best kept quiet.

It's like rice-burners who post videos of themselves driving 120MPH in school zones...it hurts the hot rodding community as a whole.
Originally Posted By: GregSY
It's like rice-burners who post videos of themselves driving 120MPH in school zones...it hurts the hot rodding community as a whole.

Oh boy. Thats just because youtube is in the here and now. If it was available when you were a kid, I'm positive there would be videos with old beat up Camaros and Smokey the Bandit Firebirds screaming all over school zones, maybe even a couple rusted out, whipped engined Novas, Mavericks and El Caminos too.
Things are a lot different now than 30 or 40 years ago.

First, video and internet wasn't available when I was a kid, so there was no chance of someone posting an inflammatory video. Stupid things tended to be kept contained rather than broadcast.

Second, the drugs and booze aspect that goes hand in hand with the ricer crowd played a much, much smaller role in the musclecar scene.

Third, there were far fewer people driving around the streets back then.

Fourth, public sentiment against driving while stupid was much less back then. People as a whole just didn't care as much. society was far less litigious.
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvncpT4EVzQ&feature=email

I thought it was time to have a little fun here. I don't think anyone on this forum would want to be picking these empties out with their fingernails from this baby! This gun also ejects with an attitude......
Jim

FWIW..The owner of this particular T8-90mm AT cannon had it up for sale for I believe $125,000 the last I knew.
Includes ammo, brass, reloading dies (he told me they neck size only using a large arbor press IIRC,,and the brass uses a 50BMG primer in a tube device), projectiles, different sighting systems & lo-boy trailer to haul it around the neighborhood. Says it costs about $75/per round to load.

Now who wouldn't like to pull that lanyard on a couple of rounds.

Watch out for those ricochets....
Now who wouldn't like to pull that lanyard on a couple of rounds.

Watch out for those ricochets....

Now that's my point and at $75 a round it hardly puts it into the "hillbilly" realm. I certainly doubt that this would generate the negative publicity of a live pigeon shoot which is an activity some here participate in. I'm not knocking pigeon shoots and if that's you bag so be it.
However I fail to see what a bunch of bikini clad girls at the beach has to do with the subject.
Soccer moms love HE. At those prices, owner must be from the Hills of Beverly.

jack
Originally Posted By: GregSY

As a point of reference, I once had a conversation with a man of color who was truly unable to fathom why a man who was not of color would refrain from taking his family to the beach if he came upon a group of youths such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

To him, it was just folks having a good time. Just like those hillbillies are just having a good time.

I thought your link was more interesting.
Hillbillys 1 . ..... . Klan 1

The barrel off that thing would be great for making a punt gun.

Destry
Well...I'll try one final time.

Man who owns guns thinks it's giggly to shoot huge cannon then show it on internet. Others view video and are appalled.

Man who like rumps and rap music thinks it's giggly to take over beach for raucous party then show it on internet. Others view video and are appalled.

Appalled people, who otherwise would have been none the wiser, now have their opinions and behaviors formed by the video. Appalled people vote to outlaw guns and rump shaking.

Gun-less and rump shake-less men wonder what ever happened to their rights.

That's really as clear as I can get.
Back to the orginal question - "Do Auto Ejectors Make Sense on an AntiTank Gun?";

Answer: Only in a "Flurry" or "Driven Shoot"
Those of us who have watched Bruce S. and Marty F. hunt birds are not easily appalled by giggles!

jack
Actually those guys are amateurs. If they were really on the money they would buy a barley running car for $100 and let it roll by while they blasted it. That would get me giggling.
Maybe that's what they'll do with the clunkers out of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?? Some of those are "barley" sic. running for sure.
Jim
I'm all for alternative fuels, so "cars running on barley" gets my attention! (And I've been barely running, partly on barley, for years....).

If you ever want to see one of those 90mm towed-AT guns, just go to Watervliet, NY and ask at McDonald's for the big cannon in the park by the playground. It's in a public park, not on the Arsenal grounds.

Frankly, I think auto ejection would have been a must for those weapons; they had an immense firing signature and must have attracted return fire from all over the battlefield. Getting reloaded and ready to fire back quickly would have been supremely important....a Panther or a King Tiger is not something you just want to wound or piss off!
OK.... I can spell I just can't type.
Lighten up GregSY!! I meant this to be a fun thread and lets keep it that way.

Mike:
I've found that a blend of barley,malt and hops seems to work the best for me!!

Jim
Besides, 95% of those who don't like guns hate them all, and would continue to hate them all if they were never used, shot, or displayed. I recall that the day after the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City was destroyed, Bill Clinton was in New York stating that act of terrorism was cause for more gun control.
Fertilizer and Bill Clinton always seemed to go hand in hand to me!
Jim
Originally Posted By: MarketHunter
The barrel off that thing would be great for making a punt gun.

Destry

Hillbillys 2
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com