doublegunshop.com - home
I need a little help.

Can someone please look up Parker #177 251?

I'm trying to figure out its original bbl length.

It's a DHE 12g.

And I need to buy that serialization book!

Thanks

OWD
D3, H, 0, C, 12, 26
GRADE D, HAMMERLESS,NO EXTRAS,CAPPED PISTOL GRIP,12 GAUGE,26 IN
HTH, Bob
Posted By: GregSY Re: Parker # 177 251 - as little help needed! - 07/31/09 03:02 AM
Today's wisdom holds that with 26" barrels the gun is worthless. If it had 2" more barrel length it would be worth thousands. Go figure.
Posted By: Dave K Re: Parker # 177 251 - as little help needed! - 07/31/09 10:46 AM
This Parker ?

http://www.cottoneauctions.com/lotItem.php?lotItem_ID=864
Thanks guys.

OWD
Looks like an old "re-stock' job judging by the checkering style and pattern, the points, the lack of a pistol grip cap and the lack of a SSBP. A research letter may shed some light on this . . . or not.

Looking at the right side however, it looks better so disregard the previous.
The "Book" shows the gun to be an extractor gun, but the description in the auction is DHE. This could mean any number of things.
Posted By: GregSY Re: Parker # 177 251 - as little help needed! - 07/31/09 05:40 PM
From those tiny photos my opinion is that Parker provided the wood on that gun.
That's probably right GregSY. The left side didn't look right at first but when I looked at the right side it appears original. Probably just the quality of the photos.
Originally Posted By: GregSY
Today's wisdom holds that with 26" barrels the gun is worthless. If it had 2" more barrel length it would be worth thousands. Go figure.

Yep GregSY:
Those shorties are in the same category as doubles with single triggers and ejectors. Absolutely worthless. If anyone has one of those worthless Churchill 25s that want to let go cheap please contact me.
Jim
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com