doublegunshop.com - home
This is a custom fox i have been working on.It started life as a sterlingworth.I did the metal work and Ken Hurst did thw engraving.He did a great job.Head out today to have the cas color put on.

Very tastefully done as we've all come to expect from Ken. IMO: The engraving is in keeping with the Sterlingworth grade.
Jim
Now that is something I really like. Ken, would something of this style go on a highwall? Mine is coming along according to the boys at the Wyoming Armory (Garbe, Kilby, et al.)....

pb will you leave it colored, or will you wipe it off to a french grey type of finish in the end?

Brent
Beautiful. Suits my taste perfectly and it will only be complimented nicely by case colors should you decide.
PB - very, very nice. Congrats. I have a friend who's Sterlingworth is in final stages of metal work and he is talking to Ken about getting it down there perhaps by the end of the month.

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Stephen
tasty.

J
yes sir...just needs a little torch work to make it look really sharp!
Now that's a sense of humor!
i shot an elephant in my pajamas...how he got there i will never know...
Your engraving is outstanding Ken, you are blessed with a super talent.....I am sure it did not come easy.......and I'm ashamed someone would post a joke regarding any of your fabulous work...wish I could afford it..as do many others...thank you sir.
Very nice. Show us the barrel breeches and the top lever and tell us what your plans are for final finishing and stocking. When my Becker Fox project gets past final filing, it will go to Ken for some conservative decoration to "finish her up".
Originally Posted By: ed1
i shot an elephant in my pajamas...how he got there i will never know...

"I'll be here all week folks and don't forget to tip your waiter."
Pawnbroker,

If it started out as a Sterlingworth, did it have the "Sterlingworth" name punched into the side? If so, how did you get rid of it? Did you weld/fill it in, or polish the daylights out of it to remove it?

Beautiful work, Mr. Ken!
The pictures below are the before and after.I hand polished and reshaped the receiver.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com