doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: tudurgs O/T shotshell Box - 01/08/09 08:15 PM
Any shell collectors out there? Ended up with a full box of 12 Ga. Monarch "Pigeon Load" shells. Apparently made by Federal. 99% condition. Box has a flying Mallard on front. Virtually identical to item on Gunbroker.com (http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=119911648) $100 reserve has brought no buyers. Any idea of the value of my shell box/shells? Thanks
Posted By: PeteM Re: O/T shotshell Box - 01/08/09 10:19 PM
Try here, you can consign items to their auction:
https://www.wardscollectibles.com/how_to_consign.php

Pete
Posted By: mike campbell Re: O/T shotshell Box - 01/13/09 04:05 AM

That fella is a dreamer. His empty boxes are priced 5x what they sell for regularly on Ebay. I rarely see full, one piece Monark or HiPower boxes sell for more than $75. The Red Sweater boxes bring up to maybe $125 for the sub gauges. The highest selling price I've ever seen for a full, one piece Federal was $150 for 16ga Skeet and Trap loads.....then a fella found a full case and flooded the market with minty ones for $60.

If yours is 99%, it should sell for $50-75.
Posted By: Don Moody Re: O/T shotshell Box - 01/13/09 12:48 PM
I have a full case(20 boxes) of the .410 Federal "Red Sweater" shells. What are they worth?
Posted By: mike campbell Re: O/T shotshell Box - 01/13/09 05:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Don Moody
I have a full case(20 boxes) of the .410 Federal "Red Sweater" shells. What are they worth?

That depends on whether you want to sell the whole case, which means a dealer would be wanting to buy them at wholesale to retail them individually....OR....you want to retail them to collectors, one at a time for the next 20 years. In which case, each time you sell one, you pretend like it's the only known example of a mint box in existence.

What if I said I had a case of 20 NIB, 2-pin vent rib, pigeon grade, 28 gauge Model 12's? What are they worth?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com