doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Kerryman Thanksgiving - 11/25/08 11:25 PM
I would like to wish our cousins “thar muir” (across the sea - in Gaelic) a happy Thanksgiving, and, if you’re travelling tomorrow, a safe journey.
K.
Posted By: Amigo Will Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 05:04 AM
Thank You and God Bless.
Posted By: sfq Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 01:56 PM
Kerryman, Go raibh maith agat. Nollaig shona! Cad as tu?.
Posted By: gjw Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 02:12 PM
Thanks so much, I hope you have a wonderful day!!

God Bless!!

Greg
Posted By: King Brown Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 02:13 PM
Nancy and I are sharing an American Thanksgiving dinner today with three of our American friends, including a lady gunner and angler from Kentucky and a gal from Connecticut who now is leader of The Green Party of Canada, in a little 200-year-old post-and-beam by the sea on a bluebird day with geese and ducks streaming by. (I'll get to them tomorrow.)
Posted By: Kerryman Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 02:28 PM
sfq,
Na bach leis. Ach, Nollaig? Altu is ainm e??
Rugaidh me i gCorcaigh, ta me i mo gconai sa Ciarrai deisceart.

"Beannaigh sinn, a Dhia,
Beannaigh ar mbia is ar ndeoch:
Os tu a cheannaigh sinn go daor,
Saor sinn ar gach olc."

"Bless us, O God,
Bless our food and our drink,
As it was you who bought us at so high a price,
Protect us against all evil."

A grace from Medieval Irish Gaelic.
Posted By: AmarilloMike Re: Thanksgiving - 11/27/08 03:27 PM
Thanks Kerryman!

Best,

Mike
Posted By: sfq Re: Thanksgiving - 11/28/08 02:29 PM
Kerryman, I knew this was going to get me in trouble. I know just enough to get myself in deep! I know it's a bit early for Christmas and your around the Kerry border. I think!. My family came from Pearson's Bridge <Dromaclarig>, near Keakill. in the mid 1860's, Before that probably Ballyvourney. In the 1200's I think from the eastern side of lake Currane in Waterville. Also have found a small area called Buaile Chuill <old>, < now > Boola Chuail near Baile an Scelig. I think Buaile Chuill meens milking place of the Cuill's. I have done some fishing and shooting in Ireland. Stiofan F O'Cuill <there I go again>
Posted By: Chris Schotz Re: Thanksgiving - 11/28/08 04:20 PM
So this is your real name???????
"Stiofan F O'Cuill"
We'll have to change the mailing lable.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Chris
Posted By: Kerryman Re: Thanksgiving - 11/28/08 05:19 PM
sfq,
Scary!
I'll reply on the Misfires board under "Forums" as it probably is a more suitable place.
K.
Posted By: nialmac Re: Thanksgiving - 11/28/08 09:33 PM
Hi Kerryman, I thought you lived in Dublin, have you been banished to Cork? How is the woodcock shooting this year? I'm confined to staying home, babysitting my grand kids this year. I miss the constant fu**ing rain and the smell of stale porter in my native Limerick. Still I wouldn't mind being down the Shannon mudflats walking up a few snipe right now. Maybe molest a few ducks too.
nial
Posted By: Kerryman Re: Thanksgiving - 11/28/08 10:18 PM
Hi Nial,
Nope, I was born in Cork, but I'm floating between Dublin and Kerry, (literally and metaphorically)as the weather is really bad this year. Plenty of time for it as the economy here is as bad as I have ever seen it, bug ger all work about. 'Cock are OK,still early and not yet cold enough, got 3 so far, snipe are better but very wary (waaarrry). Our pheasant are half drownded, the duck are better, being more suited to the clime! Plenty of porter in Luimneach, still flowing after the great Munster-v-All Blacks game in the new Thomond Park stadium. I'm shooting in the UK next week, really looking forward to it. Will report later.
An Naoscaire.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com