doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Mike Harrell How to know if you have a new PM - 11/08/06 08:02 AM
How do we know if we have a new private mail? I also sent a PM to a member and I can't find it listed in my sent PMs. Has anyone received a PM?
Posted By: tw Re: How to know if you have a new PM - 11/08/06 08:46 AM
Yes,
I have received one PM so far. It was one in a string from a pre existent PM on the old board. I had a small icon flashing by the 'my stuff' drop down seen at the top of the page.

Also I received a couple of emails that were system generated telling me that I had a new PM on the BBS. I'm not positive if they were in ref to the one I received ref'd above or to new ones, but there were no new PMs for me to view when I went to the BBS to check, so it may be that there is a glitch of some sort at work. I'm just not sure. I have sent two other PMs that are clearly there, but have received no responses nor do they show anything to indicate that they have been read by the intended recipient. I'm not sure this new format does that or even can do that. Perhaps Dave or the new system provider can post a sticky of some sort near the top listing the intended method of PM function for us.
Posted By: rabbit Re: How to know if you have a new PM - 11/08/06 11:16 AM
The new search function appears to lack the brawn and sinew of the old as I have yet to find anything with it and it states that it is tired after a single search and to come back later. ????????

jack
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com