doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Cary Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 03:03 PM
I appreciate your locking the political thread with the comment about there being many other sites better suited for such discussion. I've seen several boards torn apart by political discussion and feared this one would go the same route.

Cary
Posted By: Ken Hurst Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 03:06 PM
I second Mr. Cary's statement. You have wisely done this board a service.
Posted By: PeteM Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 03:22 PM
Dave,

Thanks. Also for the new forum.

Pete
Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 04:00 PM
So Cary, I should start throwing away those irksome NRA alerts before opening.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 04:19 PM
It was good of Dave to lock it out. That topic would have become ugly in no time.
Posted By: James M Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 05:23 PM
We all know this is an election year and I think everyone on this forum knows how to vote to protect our 2nd Amendment rights without discussing it to death. Thread rightfully closed.
Jim
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 05:32 PM
Still think a Harvard "chair" should have your name on it, your market analysis, and now the wisdom of keeping out of politics - "we don't need no steenkin' poly-ticks here" is wisdom beyond measure- let's keep this site open for spirited discussions about worthwhile things, "Guns and Gunning" to borrow a title from the late Paul A. Curtis!!RWTF
Posted By: Salopian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/11/08 05:55 PM
Dave, fantastic.Now could you do the same if RBL is mentioned? Oooops!!!! delete those three capital letters please, they've left a bad taste.
Posted By: dogon Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 12:44 AM
I second, third or fourth the thank you Dave for blocking the political thread!

I am a bit baffled about the RBL comment though. It seems we are talking out of both sides of our mouths. Out of one side everyone is excited about how the great American double gun god Tony Galazan is saving the American gun business, then out the other side it's, I'm so tired of hearing about the dreaded RBL and please block anything that might even have the letters RBL in it.

Sorry I just don't get it. If you don't want to see or read something just don't open it and move on!
Posted By: Oldmodel70 Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 03:15 AM
I for one don't agree with the lockdown or the other posters. If we just "fiddle while Rome burns," Dave's board as we know it will "cease to exist"..... If the Libs gain control of our guns this board will become a sorry collection of reminiscences and nostalgic remorse! It will be filled with topics such as; "Well today "they" came and took my Parkers........Or; What right has the government to tell me I have too many Foxes? Or; It was just some old reloading stuff! Wake up guys!!!!!!!!!!! What part of "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed", don't you understand???? The part our Canadian friends don't understand pertaining to handguns??? The part our British friends never got; that says it means you can only own airguns??? The part that includes subservience to a world government controlled by an anti-gun United Nations??????
Dave, this is your board. It's the best forum on the web. You have the right to run it as you wish. I hope you, (and we fellow posters,) don't live to see those rights eroded. "Cause when 2nd Ammendment rights are taken away, 1st Ammendment rights are sure to follow.............. Grant.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 06:28 AM
dogon,
Perhaps you deserve an explanation as to why I hate the mention of 'That' gun.On another board that I look at, Mr. Galazan is a major advertiser/ sponsor of said forum.I find it inacceptable the amount of free publicity and mentions he gets about what essentially is (IMO, I hasten to add)a piece of junk.To have money paid in full and to be in some cases a year or more behind on delivery is rude.Yes of course I have the ability to not read the threads which I invariably do.
If you think it is a good gun and value for money, good for you, but you really should get out more.
Posted By: Brian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 10:33 AM
A Piece of junk???????? The RBL?????
Do you won one? Have you shot one? I have 2, a 20 and a 28. Definitely not a piece of junk.

Delays odnt make it a piec eof junk. Thats a seperate issue fomr the quality of the guns. And I iwll say, they are very high quality, especially for a semi mass production gun. I base my opinion on the RBL's I have, the Foxes I have and the English guns (both shotguns and double rifles). No, I am not making a direct comparison but they are nicely made guns.

as far as disucssing politics or anything else you dont lik here on this site. Its easy, just dont open and read the link. Topical questions relating to control are important. Do we not allow discussions about gunmakers personla histories since that my not be directly related to thier guns? I could go on. I think thta if the subject is collateral to doube guns, I have no issue with it. and if i dont like the topic, I odnt read it. I excercise personal choice.
Posted By: Brian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 10:34 AM
A Piece of junk???????? The RBL?????
Do you own one? Have you shot one? I have 2, a 20 and a 28. Definitely not a piece of junk.

Delays dont make it a piece of junk. Thats a seperate issue from the quality of the guns. And I will say, they are high quality, especially for a semi mass production gun. I base my opinion on the RBL's I have, the Foxes I have and the English guns (both shotguns and double rifles)that I have. No, I am not making a direct comparison but they are nicely made guns.

as far as disucssing politics or anything else you dont like here on this site. Its easy, just dont open and read the link. Topical questions relating to control are important. Do we not allow discussions about gunmakers personal histories since that my not be directly related to thier guns? I could go on. I think that if the subject is collateral to doube guns, I have no issue with it. and if i dont like the topic, I dont read it. I excercise personal choice.
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 12:37 PM
RBLs are guns - this board is for discussion of guns and gun issues. Thanks to Dave, we have free choice of which gun issues we want to discuss.

As for politics, there's too much corrosive political BS today on the internet, on TV, on billboards, on talk radio. We don't need more here, especially when each side seems bent on denigrating the other. We have liberals, conservatives and independents on this board. Our common interest in the 2nd Amendment, and in double guns, should unite us - please, don't let our politics divide us. Leave your politics behind when you come here.

Arguing "left vs. right" is okay - when we're talking double guns.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 02:04 PM
Even in todays global economy made in USA means a lot to some folks.
Posted By: dogon Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 02:15 PM
From the rarefied air of high on the mount comes the word of what is Junk and what is not.

I always try to keep a subjective eye on just about every issue,gun related or not. I'm fully aware of some of the short comings of Galazans and the RBL. I have posted both positive and negative things about both the gun and the company. But one thing I've never done is to flat out say the gun is junk or that Tony Galazan isn't trying to do some good things.

The RBL is what it is: It's a good quality simple boxlock that is priced so an average person can envision owning one and option them for a semi-custom gun if they so choose. Obviously they are not the type of guns those on the mount will want to own, there are plenty of Purdy's and H&H british best guns for you out there and all I can say is IMO this is what makes this a great site, we can all share our experiences and double gun interests and therefore enjoy our double guns that much more because of this site. To advocate banning discussion about one type or make of gun is doing this site a great injustice.

As far as the political posts. It's this simple for me, I know where we stand as the gun community here in America and what's at stake in this election. I suspect that most Americans here on this site are NRA members and know what the NRA stance is. I just don't need to see it here and I agree with Dave. There are plenty of places to go and discuss politics, lets keep this site about double guns. We all know what's at stake this November and will exercise are right to vote to protect what's important to us.
Posted By: Salopian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 05:32 PM
Well said dogon.Glad you took my reply in good heart.Everyone knows I am a wind up merchant.
Except Brian of course, who now admits he got bit twice.
As for Politics, can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?
Still we Brits should talk. We always seem to elect Liars or sex obsessives.
Posted By: Chasseur d'ours Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/13/08 08:18 PM
Again thanks Dave! Nice to have a refuge from the election year noise.
Posted By: Kerryman Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/15/08 02:05 PM
Originally Posted By: salopian
As for Politics, can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?
Still we Brits should talk. We always seem to elect Liars or sex obsessives.

And re-elected him!! Think you are being a bit tough on the yourselves, tho, Maggie T fits neither category (AFAIK!!)
;-)
K.
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/15/08 02:17 PM
Originally Posted By: salopian
...can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?

Teddy Roosevelt was more of a cowboy than Dubya, and was certainly worth taking seriously. At least our head of state is elected by the people, not imposed by heredity. Does anyone take the current heir to the throne seriously?
Posted By: Salopian Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/15/08 07:24 PM
Jack,
The flowers take him seriously, he talks to them.
Posted By: jack maloney Re: Thanks Dave... - 09/15/08 08:28 PM
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com