April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (graybeardtmm3, Hammergun, Jimmy W, LeFusil, 80dubya, 1 invisible), 432 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,217
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Thread Like Summary
azgreg, BrentD, Prof, Buzz, craigd, David Williamson, DoubleTake, graybeardtmm3, Jimmy W, John Roberts, keith, mc, Mills, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#643596 03/05/2024 9:59 PM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
...when you get screwed by a gun dealer.
Misrepresentation, downright fraud.

Asking for a friend.
Liked Replies
#643614 Mar 6th a 02:55 AM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I dont buy anything bigger than an Amazon dvd on line. I would NEVER buy a gun and have it shipped to me. I want to see items first hand. Looking at pictures of something on line doesn't prove anything. Too many scams, ID thefts and frauds going on. I would never pay my bills with checks or credit cards. Maybe a credit card if absolutely the only way. All my bills get paid with money orders from the local gas station. And I would never, ever, EVER give someone my credit card and let them take out monthly payments and let them take out whatever they want. Once you agree to do that, you are setting yourself up to be robbed. And once I use a credit card and the sale is complete, I call my bank, tell them I lost my credit card and I need a new one. That way you keep the same account but the new card will have a different number on it. And no one can use your account to buy anything. Works for me.

Best,
Ted
7 members like this
#643607 Mar 6th a 01:24 AM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
Originally Posted by ed good
weird post...

little to do about nothing...

wheres the beef...

Hitting a little to close to home ed ?
4 members like this
#643628 Mar 6th a 10:55 AM
by keith
keith
If you remember, back in February of 2021 when they had that big storm in Texas and people's Electric were off for 3 days. People received electric bills for thousands of dollars. One guy ended up having to pay $17,000 for 3 Days of electric outage. He was silly enough to give the electric company his credit card for them to deduct his monthly bill. He actually had $17,000 in his bank account and they took it out to pay his bill. Once you give someone access to your credit card they can legally take out whatever they want because you have given them permission to do so. Some of the people got a part of their money back in that instance, but why go through that hassle. You should never ever give someone access to your credit cards or you are asking for trouble. You can Google that story it was all over the news at the time. Don't believe me? Go to Google and type in- "man receives $17,000 Electric bill in Texas during outage in February 2021." You can read the story for yourself. During that outage the guys electric bill jumped from 8 to 10 cents per kilowatt hour up to $900 per kilowatt hour.

Let me guess... the root cause of everything was Climate Change and CO2.
4 members like this
#643649 Mar 6th a 08:31 PM
by GLS
GLS
This time last year I got the hots for an Iside 28 ga. Best deal offered was by a company--I hesitate to identify them, so I'll use the company's initials. B-I-G D-A-D-D-Y U-N-L-I-M-I-T-E-D, an online firearms "buyer's club" with a small fee to join. After placing the order I received an email confirming the order, I received a notice from seller that the distributor had a backlog due to employee illnesses. Two weeks, no big deal, so I'll wait. Then another notice of issues from the seller that the distributor was further delayed. Oh, oh. I then researched the company and found many complaints at the Better Business Bureau and also on Reddit. There were complaints about slow delivery times and slow to refund purchase prices. The issues circled around the fact that they didn't have inventory, but instead had an office full of computers (boiler room) that searched for deals country wide with heavens knows who while sitting on the buyer's money. Stories of stalled "deliveries" lasting for weeks into months at a time on various firearms related items. I just checked today on the current status with the BBB. The company BBB has ALERT in red letters noting numerous complaints of slow delivery and refunds with no response by the company to the BBB. Fortunately I paid via credit card. I immediately canceled my order and asked for immediate credit back to my credit card. It took about a week for it to be credited. Ultimately, the company didn't screw me, just some "heavy petting". I looked at another gun forum site and found that Lion Country Supply was a reliable source and called them. They didn't have the 28 ga. in stock, but checked with the distributor who would get it to them in two days. I got the gun delivered to my LGS in a week. The cost was about $200 more than the "buyer's club", but it was worth the peace of mind to pay it and get the gun promptly. Of the lessons learned, and there was more than one, when buying online, use a credit card, even if there is an additional fee for its use. Gil
4 members like this
#643608 Mar 6th a 01:46 AM
by RyanF
RyanF
I'll assume it was CSMC...
3 members like this
#643685 Mar 7th a 12:10 PM
by craigd
craigd
....No. But just as big. That's all I'll say.
Maybe, a multicolored graph can transcend words?

I've order two used guns, sight unseen, recently from different vendors. I couldn't be more satisfied. The next order could go sideways, but long time, reputable dealers want the business and will protect their reputations. The convenient driving distance world is far too small at times.
3 members like this
#643641 Mar 6th a 03:31 PM
by Buzz
Buzz
Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by Buzz
[What do you do

quote=Bob Cash]...when you get screwed by a gun dealer.

Asking for a friend.
Just cry like a little baby, Bob.....you and your friend will feel so much better.
'
How did it come to this? Really makes me wonder Buzz.[/quote]Getting ripped off by a gun dealer is just part of the learning curve, Steve. It's happened to most, if not all of us who have been in the collector game long enough. If it is an out of state deal that went south, good luck. There's really very little that can be done. I was defrauded once upon a time by a well known dealer that you all know about. I complained about it here and my bud Bob absolutely lit me up running to their defense. Now, everyone knows what kind of businessmen they really are. But at the time, good 'ole Bob made me out to be the bad guy. Well, karma is a [censored - come on man!]. And, as I said, if the deal that went south is an out of state sort of deal, crying like a baby is about all one can do when dealing with dishonest folks. For example, think of the cost of any sort of litigation. It likely won't be worth it. Lick you wounds and move on is about all one can do.
1 member likes this
#643678 Mar 7th a 02:13 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by 12boreman
No one is perfect and most gun guys I have found are not crooks...at least intentionally.

All crooks are crooks intentionally. If it's unintentional it's not crooked, it's just a mistake.
1 member likes this
#643670 Mar 7th a 12:28 AM
by 12boreman
12boreman
I recently purchased a sxs hammer gun from a high profile dealer on Gunbroker. Most of the dealers give very good descriptions as they sometimes have years of knowledge. Many private individuals do not have the knowledge to describe a double gun in detail. But even an experienced dealer can get it wrong. In the description the gun was said to be tight and on face. When it arrived it had substantial play and it was definitely off face and needed a rejoin. It also had several undisclosed dents in the left barrel. I overlooked those because I could take care of those myself. The dealer apologized and gave me the option to return it. I explained I liked the gun enough to keep it and that returning it was a hassle. He offered to kick in some money and I thought it had a satisfactory conclusion. It doesn't always work out like that but this time it did. Most of us have that been around the block a time or two and know what to look for when trying to judge a double. Even if it is only by pictures. But other things such as loose or raised ribs, resoldered barrel lugs, barrel dents, pitting, stock dimensions, length of pull, cracks in the wood, etc, etc. seem to evade some people in their listings mostly because they simply don't possess the knowledge to do so. No one is perfect and most gun guys I have found are not crooks...at least intentionally.
1 member likes this
#643679 Mar 7th a 02:27 AM
by keith
keith
Originally Posted by Buzz
[What do you do

Originally Posted by Bob Cash
...when you get screwed by a gun dealer.

Asking for a friend.
Just cry like a little baby, Bob.....you and your friend will feel so much better.

Originally Posted by SKB
'
How did it come to this? Really makes me wonder Buzz.

I'm glad that Buzz took the time to explain his terse reply to Bob. But it shouldn't have been necessary for Buzz to explain to SKB Stevie that he was less than polite simply because of how poorly Bob treated him in a similar circumstance. Of course, those of us who pay attention to these things know that Buzz (and many others) have been on the receiving end of Bob's vitriol, insults, and personal attacks many times. My very first encounter with Bob came immediately after I questioned an attack he made on a now deceased member named Miller. There has been no love lost between us ever since.

And Stevie here not only knows that, but has also teamed up with Bob to attack many of the same people, and even joined forces with Bob in the same sustained internet doxxing attack. We don't operate in a vacuum here, where things like that are just forgiven and forgotten. So when one of the big participants acts like he/she has no idea what is going on, well that phony behavior is simply another form of fraud and misrepresentation. Some of the proof of that has unfortunately been deleted, but much remains in the archives.

I personally only got cheated one time in a transaction with a local gun dealer. Using kind gentle persuasion, I got back every M*****F***-ing penny that he tried to cheat me out of. As he grudgingly refunded my money, he told me to never come into his shop again. I sweetly and kindly replied that was fine, because I would never want to do business with a F***ing crook like him again. Then I warned every shooting friend I knew that he was a crook, and I had written proof of that. So it makes me wonder why we still have no details about this alleged "misrepresentation", and "downright fraud"???
1 member likes this
#643747 Mar 8th a 12:00 PM
by craigd
craigd
Nothing personal Jimmy, yes you can wait. Have a great weekend yourself.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.