Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,167
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
battle, BrentD, Prof, coosa, DropLockBob, GLS, Jimmy W, John Roberts, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#638413 12/02/2023 4:33 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
I am going to try to "endeavor to persevere' with this convoluted process. But I will have to confess, with all due respect to everyone here who says it's so easy, literally 60 seconds, is just flat wrong. Lots to do to first get photos from your photo source, either camera or phone, onto your pc, then selecting a hosting site that actually works, before you can then put them on this forum. Here's a video that proves my point:

JR
Liked Replies
#638439 Dec 2nd a 08:59 PM
by coosa
coosa
Posting directly from your phone simplifies the process. I promise you that if I have a good signal I can post a picture here in less than 60 seconds using www.postimages.org.

The key to doing it quickly is to ignore all their attempts to get you to sign up for an account. Click on the link, then select "choose images." On the next screen, select "media." That will get all of your pictures onto the screen, so select the one you want. Once it has completely loaded, and that takes only a few seconds with a good signal, you will see your picture and a menu below it. Click "hotlink for forums" if you want to post it here. Then you just paste it here and hit "post reply." Give it a try.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]gas station near me hours
3 members like this
#638585 Dec 4th a 07:43 PM
by Gr8day
Gr8day
Coosa. Thanks for the headsup on Postimages.org. Exactly what I have been looking for.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
3 members like this
#638451 Dec 2nd a 11:01 PM
by coosa
coosa
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Coosa,
I tried ten times to get to “media”. Never once. I even resorted to creating an account with my cc. It just keeps going in circles, asking me for my cc and email/password to “finish”. This is so frustrating. ‘Bout ready to give up.
JR

Well, don't worry, I am an old Ag teacher and we will figure this out. smile

You didn't follow directions if you tried to create an account; DO NOT create an account.

First, since you did try to create an account you need to reboot your phone to get rid of all that. Reboot it and click the link below:

www.postimages.org

You will see this screen:

Click on the button that says "choose images". Then this screen will appear:

Note the menu at the bottom of the screen that has now appeared. That's the one that has "media" as one of the options, and once you click on it all of your files will appear.

Try it again and see if you can get to that screen.
2 members like this
#638443 Dec 2nd a 09:17 PM
by Fudd
Fudd
Let's see if this works. You'll hopefully see a CZ Ringneck and a Browning B-SS.

2 members like this
#638682 Dec 6th a 12:06 AM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob

Looks like it works!
2 members like this
#638462 Dec 3rd a 12:19 AM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
John,
Until you figure out where you are going wrong, if you need a picture posted, pm or email it to me, and I will get the thing up for you.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
#638470 Dec 3rd a 01:58 AM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
John,
Until you figure out where you are going wrong, if you need a picture posted, pm or email it to me, and I will get the thing up for you.

Best,
Ted

Thanks Ted, but I really want to be able to do this myself.
JR
1 member likes this
#638473 Dec 3rd a 02:14 AM
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
And, I want you to be able to, as well. But, I figured you had an emergency photo posting need on the booze post, and figured I’d offer the help.

Anything for a friend.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
#638503 Dec 3rd a 04:19 PM
by GLS
GLS
John, does your phone look like this?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
#638584 Dec 4th a 07:21 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts

JR
1 member likes this
#638617 Dec 5th a 12:53 AM
by KDGJ
KDGJ
John,

You could text or email your photos from your phone to yourself. Then you can go to your computer and download them from the text or email.

Ken
1 member likes this
#638623 Dec 5th a 02:12 AM
by Karl Graebner
Karl Graebner
Stan,
That's how I do it as well, having everything on my desktop makes it easier to work. JPEG does the rest for me.
Karl
1 member likes this
#638636 Dec 5th a 04:13 AM
by Argo44
Argo44
We have mechanical experts who can disassemble a Parker (devilish) or sleeve a barrel...but sending a photo from a phone to an email, downloading it, then uploading it onto Imgur or jpgbox is a crossword puzzle. My sons do this to me all the time (as I was trying to teach them how to use a wood plane or drive a nail with a hammer). I have to admit, I still use handsaws and up until recently a Brace & Bit).
1 member likes this
#638648 Dec 5th a 12:37 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Argo44
I have to admit, I still use handsaws and up until recently a Brace & Bit).

There's an alternative to a brace and bit now, for drilling holes?
1 member likes this
#638681 Dec 5th a 11:56 PM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob
1 member likes this
#638450 Dec 2nd a 10:57 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Here are the steps I use to do so with jpgbox.com, John.

1 - I start out on DGJ site and then create a new tab which opens up the address box for me to type in "jpgbox.com".

2- When jpgbox.com comes up I click on the box that says "Choose File".

3- When I do that I get a page that allows me to go to downloads, or photos, etc.

4- I normally go to photos, which brings up hundreds of photos we've saved to our "Photos" on our computer. I find the photo I want, then click on it, and it is highlighted.

5- That causes a box to highlight which says "Choose", and I click on it.

6- Then I am automatically re-directed to my jpgbox.com page. I then see a box at the bottom of the page which says "Upload image as guest". Click on that.

7- In a few seconds your picture will be uploaded and will appear on the page. Just below it there will be choices of the size image you want it to be. As long as you stick with the size they choose for you it will always post without problem.

8- There will be two boxes under your picture. Click on the top one that says "For forums". That highlights it in blue. Copy that.

9- Go back to your other tab to go back to the DGJ forum and paste it in your reply box there. Then submit your reply.

I know this looks lengthy and confusing, but I promise you that after you learn the procedure you can do it in a minute or less. I have never attempted to post a pic from my smart phone, prolly never will. All my pics are stored on my desktop computer anyway.

Good luck. Call me if you need help walking through it.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
1 member likes this
#638639 Dec 5th a 05:40 AM
by keith
keith
John, glad to hear your son will be able to help you import the photos from your I-Phone to your Windows PC. I'm sure you'll be posting pics here shortly.

Here's a pic I took several days ago while deer hunting. It's an old Bessemer Hit and Miss single cylinder engine that was used in an oil well pumphouse. Although the pumphouse and linkages to the rocker pumps are long gone, this one is kind of unusual in that it has two flywheels, and the cylinder head water jacket is still mostly intact. Most I find have just one much larger flywheel. I leaned my Marlin 1895 .45-70 next to a flywheel for a size reference.

1 member likes this
#638693 Dec 6th a 03:26 AM
by Jimmy W
Jimmy W
Originally Posted by DropLockBob

Looks like it works!
Gorgeous gun!!
1 member likes this
#638715 Dec 6th a 04:00 PM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by DropLockBob

Looks like it works!
Gorgeous gun!!

Thanks! It was my Dad's #1. He was a friend of Walter Clode's, so we were a WR household. lol. I knew Simon as well, toured the old factory back in the late 1980's.
1 member likes this
#638717 Dec 6th a 04:13 PM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob
I have had the gun since the 1980's, but I never realized that the trigger was selective until I read an old cashmore catalog.

1 member likes this
#638719 Dec 6th a 04:24 PM
by BrentD, Prof
BrentD, Prof
That is a really nice Cashmore. I have two, neither as nice as yours. A hammer game gun and a Paragon. I'd love a sidelock gun.

I have never seen nor heard of a single trigger Cashmore, so that is interesting also.

Both of mine have deep drops at the heel, close to 3". And lots of cast off - nearly an inch. They are the two guns I shoot best by a substantial margin.
1 member likes this
#638712 Dec 6th a 03:55 PM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob
1 member likes this
#641620 Feb 1st a 12:48 PM
by keith
keith
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Fyi, the above posts by Ross5025 are by my son to help with me posting photos.
JR

I'm glad to see you are getting it done John. It looks like your son has nailed it, because I see the trail camera image of a turkey near a feeder. As I told you before, my offer of any assistance I can give is still open, just let me know.
1 member likes this
#638724 Dec 6th a 04:51 PM
by DropLockBob
DropLockBob
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
That is a really nice Cashmore. I have two, neither as nice as yours. A hammer game gun and a Paragon. I'd love a sidelock gun.

I have never seen nor heard of a single trigger Cashmore, so that is interesting also.

Both of mine have deep drops at the heel, close to 3". And lots of cast off - nearly an inch. They are the two guns I shoot best by a substantial margin.

I loves me some Cashmore. I have never owned a hammer shotgun, other than a muzzleloader, always wanted to. I have held a Paragon, years ago. They are very nice.

I had Westley's bend and fit mine to my measurement's that were taken when I visited the old factory. I hope they still have them on file, as I don't know what the cast measurement is.
Including a top view, so you can see the cast.

1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.