May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 344 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
battle, BrentD, Prof, graybeardtmm3, ithaca1, LeFusil, mc, SKB, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#631379 06/12/2023 9:10 PM
by battle
battle
Barrels 26” non ejector. Chambers 2 1/2”. LOP 14 1/2”. DAH 1 7/8”. DAC 1 3/8”. Choked CYL - Full. Weight 5-5oz. Right hand cast. Excellent bores. Excellent wood. Excellent case color.
$2850 offers considered.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Liked Replies
#631521 Jun 16th a 01:48 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Both? What are you talking about, troll? Only one gun is mentioned here for sale. One gun. Get it?

Go piss on your own parade. Everybody knows you have zero interest in buying the gun.
3 members like this
#631535 Jun 16th a 12:44 PM
by battle
battle
Originally Posted by ed good
at 5/5 pounds, both these guns may have very thin barrel walls, making them marginally safe for modern field loads...

do you have ability to provide barrel wall thickness measurements?

This gun and the Blanch were purchased and imported from a reputable gun shop in UK. They obviously know English doubles better than myself and certainly more than you. Wall thickness is always a discussion had when purchasing, and I was assured they have plenty enough and in proof. Regardless, if a buyer from here decides to buy, they have full return rights with me. I'm not going to stiff a guy if the gun was misrepresented or if they just didn't like it (buyers remorse). Not like you who doesn't offer a return.

And your comment is inaccurate anyway. Most English small bores are built to that weight. I sense a bit of jealousness in your comment. You should buy them and overprice them like you do with the guns you sell.
3 members like this
#631549 Jun 16th a 03:56 PM
by battle
battle
so it sounds like you do not have the ability to measure barrel wall thicknesses...

No I didn't say that. I have the ability to have them measured if the buyer so requests. And if the buyer wants to have them measured by his gunsmith and they aren't as stated he gets a full refund.

Do you have measurements for that overpriced Pape you have for sale on GI?
3 members like this
#631567 Jun 16th a 06:56 PM
by GLS
GLS
Mr. Ed was a talking horse on TV. Here, Mr. Ed is a talking jackass. I've bought a gun from battle before and he's completely trustworthy. Will anyone here vouch for you?
Gil
3 members like this
#631527 Jun 16th a 03:51 AM
by LeFusil
LeFusil
Ed Good=weapons grade retard
2 members like this
#632206 Jun 29th a 05:20 PM
by Chukarman
Chukarman
Nice gun. If I had not bought two 20 bore Brit guns in the past 6 months, I would be in line.

The weight of a Brit 20 BLE could be 5 lbs to 5-12 for a game gun proofed for 2-1/2" and 7/8 oz. Sidelocks slightly heavier - by an ounce or three.
2 members like this
#631570 Jun 16th a 07:03 PM
by BrentD, Prof
BrentD, Prof
when simple answers to simple questions are not forth coming...

an especially when reponses are full of insults and personal attacks...

buyers should really be wary...

Ed you have been asked simple questions dozens of times and refused at answer them. Don't you feel just a little hypocritical? How do you rationalize your two-faced behavior?
1 member likes this
#631583 Jun 16th a 09:30 PM
by mc
mc
You or someone who want one of these guns can buy it have it checked and return it if you don't like the results .why should the buyer beware?
1 member likes this
#632008 Jun 25th a 05:04 PM
by battle
battle
Minimum walls are (R) .33 - (L) .34

Now Ed, are you a serious buyer? If those numbers don't check out send it back for full refund offered to anyone here.
1 member likes this
#632079 Jun 27th a 02:11 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by battle
If you're a serious buyer I'll get them for you?

Ed is a serious troll.
1 member likes this
#632202 Jun 29th a 03:04 PM
by mc
mc
EDD,,, gee EDD ky john is giving you facts you chose to ignore,also a 5.5 pound 20 bore isn't a lightweight it's a great weight for 20 bore
1 member likes this
#632185 Jun 29th a 11:39 AM
by KY Jon
KY Jon
Ed, minimum barrel thickness measurements are just that. You get that by checking the entire barrel from end to end. Proof bore measurement is 9” into the bore. You minimum thickness might be 20” down the barrel. Anything above .020 is shootable and above .025 deemed good in the trade. .033 and .034 are excellent wall thicknesses. And don’t be a further ass if you can help it. Almost like new wall thickness and looking at the high condition of this gun I suspect it has never needed honing or barrels struck and re-blackened.
1 member likes this
#637413 Nov 10th a 04:40 PM
by bushveld
bushveld
Originally Posted by mc
Again 5.5 pounds isn't unusually light for a 20 ga.gun

Holt's currently has a 5 lb 5 oz Midland 12 bore shotgun for sale:
https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/as...++1757+&refno=++205529&saletype=
1 member likes this
#637448 Nov 11th a 01:52 AM
by BrentD, Prof
BrentD, Prof
well, not to beat a dead horse, but your bringing this i up here seems mean spirited...

whats the point...

you sold your guns...

end of discussion, one would think...

ed, give it a rest. You have got no cred here. None. I've bought 2 guns from battle. None from you. Why is that? 'cuz you're a crook in my book.
1 member likes this
#637528 Nov 13th a 03:43 PM
by keith
keith
wow...what a compulsive malcontent...

who even says never pay dave one more dime...

i'm getting bored with this guy who tells us not to support this fine forum with a few bucks now an then...

either chip in or go away...

The Nutty Professor will never change Ed. He has been called out numerous times about his one-turd campaign to defund this site.... complaining all the while that Dave doesn't enforce the rules to his crybaby satisfaction. Yet he feels entitled to continually break the rules himself, and he has done so for longer than I've been here. If the Canuck smells hypocrisy, it isn't hard to see where the stench is coming from.

Maybe one day Dave will grant his wish and give him the boot. Then he can try this shit on the Upland Journal forum he likes so much. . Meanwhile, this Tolley 20 gauge has already been sold, and we can only hope Dave got paid. So maybe it's time to lock this Thread since all it is now is a vehicle for the Nutty Professor's personal attacks and incessant Trolling.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.