April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (gunmaker, Vall, Argo44, 1 invisible), 431 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,795
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
AZMike, eeb, GLS, mc, Parabola, Run With The Fox, susjwp
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#628473 04/06/2023 8:20 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
Local dealer has a nice M1900 12 ga. 28" M&T-Damascus barrels- no damage, they ring whenh hung= good dims, why are the 1894 Remingtons listed in the Blue Book as being worth somewhat more, conditions being equal. I believe this is a K--dt, ext. nice older gun..RWTF
Liked Replies
#628602 Apr 9th a 06:54 PM
by canvasback
canvasback
They can look pretty good. Here are some shots of my BE after it's restock and rehab:
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
4 members like this
#628637 Apr 10th a 04:08 PM
by Paul Harm
Paul Harm
At this time I own a 1873 hammer lifter, 1882 10ga with a barrel rifle liner in 40/60, two 1889s, and six 1894s. There's a A, B, C, and three F grade trap guns. The 1900s where just as good but only had the steel barrels or the simple Damascus pattern and the snap on forearm. I like the better patterns and the looks of the 1894 forearm. The only cracked wood I've had on a Remington SxS is a 1984 that had cracks between the lock plates. I've seen many a LC Smith with cracks in the stock behind the locks. Yes, the A&D action is the simplest, easy to work on if necessary, trouble free action there is. About the only thing that has ever broken are a couple of top lever springs. The 1900s just had the lower grades without engraving or pretty wood with lower priced Damascus or steel barrels.

I think you're worrying too much about shells. Winchester also makes a low recoil, low pressure shell. I shoot mine every week [ one or the other ] with nitro shells. Sherman Bell did test with 20 Damascus Wall Hangers and couldn't blow any of them up with Remington proof loads at 18,240 psi. Many of those guns were Remingtons. If you're still worried please re-read Researchers post. Everyone gets it hammered in their head that Damascus barrel guns are unsafe to shoot unless it's black powder shells. Nonsense. Yes modern steel barrels are stronger, but Damascus barrels are plenty strong enough for what pressures shotgun shells produce, even todays ammo. JMHO
3 members like this
#628558 Apr 8th a 11:02 AM
by canvasback
canvasback
I’ve had 3 Remington with Damascus barrels. Two 1894 B grades and a 1900. All three guns had the thickest barrel walls of any shotgun I have owned. MBWT in all three was over .045 with zero pitting. I shot lower pressure (8000 psi) nitro powder commercial shells in all three. In one B grade I regularly shot modern target loads.
1 member likes this
#628578 Apr 8th a 07:39 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
RST is producing low pressure loads in limited quantities, but they're pricey. B & P Comp Ones are nice, low pressure loads ......... 12 ga., 1 oz., modest velocity. Polywad is out of the low pressure shotshell retail business.
1 member likes this
#628593 Apr 9th a 01:41 PM
by AZMike
AZMike
I like to shoot my BEO Remington Trap gun at ZZ birds, Doug Mann stocked, checkered and leather seat cover...... Even when I shoot crappy I look real good!
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.