April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (FallCreekFan, Argo44, lagopus, FlyChamps, earlyriser, geauga, 1 invisible), 1,133 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
John Roberts, Kip, Run With The Fox
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by pipeliner
pipeliner
My gunsmith has a Boss for inspection.The owner would like to sell it Dover address. He said the gun is fine condition.Rose and scroll looks like Summer. I have the funds but what fair market price?
Liked Replies
by Mike Harrell
Mike Harrell
Without looking at the gun , or at least good photos, no one can give you an accurate value.
1 member likes this
by pipeliner
pipeliner
The Boss is going to George at Champlins,will be interesting how he price the Boss.I dropped off a very nice Ithaca 4E 90% late gun at DSC.George just put it on his web site.Will need to sell a couple of guns before I purchase a best gun.I did make a solid offer on the Boss.Would be interested in the Holland #2,EC Green side lock and a Henry Akin stocked to the fences. Thank for all the advice, this will be my daily shooter for dove,blue quail and ducks.I do duck hunt approx 30days during the season.Grayson
1 member likes this
by bushveld
bushveld
Originally Posted by eightbore
Mike, my Purdey is a late, very late, Whitworth barrel hammer gun from 1921. It is a 2 3/4" chamber, 1 1/4 ounce pigeon gun with 30" barrels, side clips and third fastener. I found it in a local rifle store, leaning up in a dark corner, hidden from all the rifles and customers. I got permission to bring all my measuring tools the next day. Everything checked out so it was a quick sale. The gun is all original and fairly high condition. The consignor accepted an offer for a third of the asking price, which was not bad in itself.

Eightbore;

Your 50 year hunt for a dream gun turned out to be almost unheard of----the sort of thing that you would only expect someone like the late Cyril Adams to find. You have a significant treasure and with 2 3/4 inch proofs it's value will continue for years and years. Donald Dallas's book on Purdey shows (Plate 29 of the book) a Purdey hammer pigeon gun of 1922, serial no. 22182. Is your gun similar to this one?

What have you learned from Purdey of your gun's heritage?

Would you be so kind as to post photos of your treasure gun?

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.