April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (ClapperZapper, Argo44, Jtplumb, Jeremy Pearce, 2 invisible), 1,211 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,144
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
BrentD, Prof, Buzz, dirty harry, GMCS, HomelessjOe, John Roberts, keith, Stanton Hillis, tut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by cable
cable
none are mine and i am not planning to bid, but some nice doubles to look at:

https://www.proxibid.com/Guyette-De...atalog/236210?srch=&srchloc=true#Top

several nice 8 gauge doubles are included.
Liked Replies
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
bOb doesn't take much to dull your axe.

Just saying.
2 members like this
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
Originally Posted by Bob Noble
It's you that's getting into my business. I Just wanted people aware that a lot of the guns are auction re-runs that have been through one or more auctions and did not sale because if high reserves or issues.
I only track Lefevers and all but one or two have been in other auctions. I do see other makers guns that ive seen in auctions before, I just dont have records of them. How I know is because I have 6000 Lefever serial numbers and keep track of them. If they have been in an auction, I note it and put down how much they sold for or didn't sale for plus the auction est. The auction house has been around a long time and is respected. They are just getting into guns. It's my feeling they got them from the wrong guy. I'm not going to say names as I don't need a lawsuit.

Bob Cash I don't like your comments and will report them to Dave. I also will not be posting on this board anymore because of people like you.

I think the expression is “Put up or shut up”.
Or a punch bowl turd like yourself might better understand, ”Sh!t or get off the pot”
I doubt a poop stain of a guy like you has ever taken a business risk such as this.

Bob don't let nasty bOb run you off.
2 members like this
by Buzz
Buzz
Bob Cash is the junk yard dog of the forum. That’s why he has problems here. He thinks he’s being ‘trolled’ but he’s just being kept in check as all junk yard dogs should be. His character and tactics are exemplified by his response to you. Don’t leave because of him. Everyone he growls at, snaps at, or bites he wants to chase away.
2 members like this
by eightbore
eightbore
I am not following this thread, but I must say that "auction services" like proxibid do not follow the actual bids that are submitted by the bidders on the auction company's site nor will they follow the actual bids on the auction floor during the auction. Computers are good but not good enough. Bid on the auction company's site and save a bunch of money.
2 members like this
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
Good morning Mr. H.
So you may know my agenda.
I have had many threads ruined by internet "experts" insisting on getting up in another mans business.

My latest, within the last two weeks
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=624831#Post624831
My troll ends up quickly exposing himself for the back pedaling gasbag he is.

Most of what I saw are guns that didn't sale a Julias and Murphy's in the past.

When asked for clarification,

...I Just wanted people aware that a lot of the guns are auction re-runs that have been through one or more auctions and did not sale because if high reserves or issues.
I only track Lefevers...

Your desire to increase peoples awareness is truly fitting with a name like noble (having or showing high moral qualities or character).
Noble bob however paints a disparaging message with a pretty wide brush.
All, most, some…Which is it ??
How about getting off your white charger noble bob and not save the world from the clutches of Guyette and Deeter.
I'll not speak for others but I'm pretty certain I don't need the likes of you to make me "aware" of anything.

I have no hidden agenda Mr. H.
I'm sick and tired of the jacka$$ trolls on this site and will happily call a spade a spade.

I'm curious though, what agenda might noble bob be hiding?
Sounds to me like a troll with an axe to grind.
1 member likes this
by Bob Noble
Bob Noble
It's you that's getting into my business. I Just wanted people aware that a lot of the guns are auction re-runs that have been through one or more auctions and did not sale because if high reserves or issues.
I only track Lefevers and all but one or two have been in other auctions. I do see other makers guns that ive seen in auctions before, I just dont have records of them. How I know is because I have 6000 Lefever serial numbers and keep track of them. If they have been in an auction, I note it and put down how much they sold for or didn't sale for plus the auction est. The auction house has been around a long time and is respected. They are just getting into guns. It's my feeling they got them from the wrong guy. I'm not going to say names as I don't need a lawsuit.

Bob Cash I don't like your comments and will report them to Dave. I also will not be posting on this board anymore because of people like you.

Or a punch bowl turd like yourself might better understand, ”Sh!t or get off the pot”
I doubt a poop stain of a guy like you has ever taken a business risk such as this.
1 member likes this
by Daryl Hallquist
Daryl Hallquist
The auction company has NOT been affiliated with James Julia for over three decades, contrary to what was stated above. . No excuse for not paying attention. I was surprised with Mr. Cash's childish name calling and wonder if he has an agenda that is not revealed. Sorry to see a good post go down that road.
1 member likes this
by GLS
GLS
Guyette and Deeter is successor to Guyette and Schmidt. It is one of two leading companies, Copley the other, in the auction sales of collectible gunning, mostly waterfowl, decoys. There have been occasional gun sales, but nothing as significant as the one in this thread. In the decoy world it has sold at auction at least one decoy in the 7 figure range. I have participated and won in some of their auctions and all appeared above board. I have also purchased a shotgun from Josh and the deal was straight forward. Gil
1 member likes this
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
It's my feeling they got them from the wrong guy. I'm not going to say names as I don't need a lawsuit.
What a surprise!
The finger you point at "the wrong Guy" is poop encrusted.
Oh, and bob, you can successfully defend yourself against a Libel suit by proving that your statements are true.
Perhaps you're right. Although too late to keep your mouth shut, It's best you don't name names.
1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
That decoy that went for $1 million was an Elmer Crowell goose, in the sleeping position. It was auctioned in 2007, according to Forbes magazine, by another big player in the decoy auction ring, Copley, who auctioned it in conjunction with Christie's. Having spent a little time with Josh, in person, I have zero doubt that this is a totally above board and well run auction house. He would not associate himself with anything else, IMO.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lynndo...lion-for-a-bird-decoy-2/?sh=170117681661
1 member likes this
by keith
keith
Libel: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Originally Posted by Bob Cash
What a surprise!
Oh, and bob, you can successfully defend yourself against a Libel suit by proving that your statements are true.

And now Nasty Bob is falsely accusing a member here of Libel. So exactly where is the libelous statement? What has been said that may be damaging to some person's reputation, and what would the monetary damages be? Who was the person that was libeled? Were any names named, other than by Nasty Bob, who seems obsessed with poop stains for some reason?

I'm asking for a friend. My friend has the opinion that this is a spineless and baseless threat, and that the person making the threat should ask himself if this alleged crime is as bad as engaging in gutless internet doxxing, and then repeatedly making posts here referring to the person he is doxxing as a Lying Nazi??? My friend noticed that Nasty Bob did exactly that on numerous occasions.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My friend also wonders exactly how it is libelous to say something like "I saw some guns listed in an auction that have been listed in the past, and unsold in other auctions."

Wow, that's some really egregious and damaging stuff there... if you're very thin skinned.
1 member likes this
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
It's my feeling they got them from the wrong guy. I'm not going to say names as I don't need a lawsuit.
What a surprise!
Perhaps you're right. Although too late to keep your mouth shut, It's best you don't name names.

I sure like Ol'bObs post he sure makes himself look like a pOOp encrusted mOron.
1 member likes this
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
Originally Posted by keith
Libel: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

What a surprise!

And now Nasty Bob is falsely accusing a member here of Libel. So exactly where is the libelous statement? What has been said that may be damaging to some person's reputation, and what would the monetary damages be? Who was the person that was libeled? Were any names named, other than by Nasty Bob, who seems obsessed with poop stains for some reason?

I'm asking for a friend. My friend has the opinion that this is a spineless and baseless threat, and that the person making the threat should ask himself if this alleged crime is as bad as engaging in gutless internet doxxing, and then repeatedly making posts here referring to the person he is doxxing as a Lying Nazi??? My friend noticed that Nasty Bob did exactly that on numerous occasions.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My friend also wonders exactly how it is libelous to say something like "I saw some guns listed in an auction that have been listed in the past, and unsold in other auctions."

Wow, that's some really egregious and damaging stuff there... if you're very thin skinned.

Boy ol' bOb has nice azz on him don't he....now you know why I call him Nasty bOb Cash.
1 member likes this
by keith
keith

So there we have it. Looks like Nasty Bob Cash has driven away another Doublegunshop contributor. And this one actually had a lot to offer in the way of knowledge about Lefever doubles, versus Nasty Bob's limited knowledge that only appeared to go as far as his profit motive in flipping Brownings and Winchester 21's.

I guess my previous post on this matter didn't make the cut, and appears to have been censored entirely. But I still find it odd that Gladys Kravitz, the Preacher, and Co. have not whined to Dave Weber about his nasty behavior that has apparently caused another guy to leave. I guess it's that old double standard that permits Liberals to get away with things that just aren't tolerated in Conservatives who support pro-2nd Amendment politicians.

What is really strange is how Nasty Bob Cash could be so hypocritical in acting all butthurt and upset about Bob Noble supposedly "getting up in another man's business". But Nasty Bob felt it was perfectly OK to go way above and beyond by engaging in repeated internet doxxing here. We also are treated to seeing Nasty Bob piously complaining about jackass trolls here. Yet Nasty Bob repeatedly made dozens of posts calling me a "lying Nazi". (of course, I was a very bad boy for responding) Yet both of Nasty Bob's doxxing targets got sanctioned and censored, and this nasty turd is still given free reign to drive more people away. That's pretty cool, and I'm sure it pleases several of our Libtards.

I got on Nasty Bob's bad side years ago for confronting him over a crude and unwarranted attack he made on our late friend Miller. No regrets there. And it is equally amusing to see Nasty Bob's nasty posts getting "liked" by his doxxing buddy BrentD, a guy who pretends that he is so deeply offended by such behavior that he runs a one-man campaign to defund this site. ... Hypocritical Birds of a feather! Meanwhile, recently the posts I make that don't get tossed do not appear for 4 to 5 days after I submit them. Oh well, at least I shamed Nasty Bob into no longer posting those disturbing pictures of prepubescent boys. Things that make you say.... hmmm.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.