Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,250
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
67galaxie, bushveld, canvasback, graybeardtmm3, ithaca1, Jimmy W, John Roberts, keith, mc, Stanton Hillis, tut
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#623658 12/16/2022 8:33 PM
by canvasback
canvasback
A new start up that may turn out to be an alternative to RST. They are expecting to deliver 2 1/2" low pressure 12 gauge shells in the new year.

https://www.shenkshotshellco.com/
Liked Replies
#634305 Aug 18th a 07:13 PM
by arrieta2
arrieta2
My thoughts:

If you tell someone that their order was shipped, then it should be shipped.

If a person has an order with you, you should return his email and or his phone calls.

Maybe I am from old school, I always did.

John Boyd
4 members like this
#634335 Aug 19th a 03:01 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Go back to sleep, Ed.
JR
3 members like this
#634299 Aug 18th a 01:52 PM
by keith
keith
Originally Posted by tut
They need to set up a booth at the Vintagers. That event is in Pa and they are in Pa. Makes sense.

I agree 100% with what John Boyd said earlier.

What they really need to do is fill existing orders that were made several months ago. And if there is some problem sourcing components, they need to communicate that to guys who are patiently waiting, and who are frustrated because their calls and emails are being ignored. They certainly should not waste even a minute setting up at any shooting venue until the back-orders are filled, and the problems are corrected.

The last thing they should do at this point is dig themselves even deeper into the hole they are in. I can't imagine anything worse than damaging your reputation before you have even built one.
2 members like this
#634327 Aug 19th a 02:22 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
So we might have to accept a certain level of poor service, or do without.

It's not always as cut and dried as you try to make it. There is re-load-ing, which can quickly make the prices asked/charged by the boutique shotshell manufacturers seem exorbitant. You don't have to like the idea, but you cannot deny it is a viable alternative.
2 members like this
#623661 Dec 16th a 09:16 PM
by Mike Harrell
Mike Harrell
I couldn't find a pressure on them. Crimps look find to me.
1 member likes this
#631590 Jun 17th a 12:16 AM
by old colonel
old colonel
Originally Posted by playing hooky
Is pressure reported? In the description of the two shells offered for sale I see shot weight and velocity but not pressure.

In reply to my email today: FPS 1185, PSI ~7,000

I like RST too, but it is better if three or no more suppliers are in the market, especially if they make a decent product. Now if only polywad would come back into the market
1 member likes this
#634170 Aug 14th a 03:05 PM
by arrieta2
arrieta2
I think this is kind of a side business

John
Arrieta
1 member likes this
#634267 Aug 17th a 04:38 PM
by arrieta2
arrieta2
I see Shenk shotshell company is displaying there. Am I the only one who feels it amusing that they are going to display/set up for showing and obviously to solicit business when folks on this chat site have been waiting several months for their orders and some complaints about not returning emails
1 member likes this
#634296 Aug 18th a 01:18 PM
by tut
tut
They need to set up a booth at the Vintagers. That event is in Pa and they are in Pa. Makes sense.
1 member likes this
#634314 Aug 18th a 09:26 PM
by arrieta2
arrieta2
I agree. I am glad to see a new player in the game. But I think a beginning business should be responsive to customer service.

John
1 member likes this
#635264 Sep 9th a 01:42 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Some points I would make concerning the report of the shooter who sent his report to bushveld ........... I disagree that 7500 psi is not low pressure (for shotshells). It is! Especially so as compared to SAAMI pressure loads that are normally sold OTC. And, also as compared to period shotshells loaded with nitro for black. Secondly, the reporter seems to equate pressure with recoil. That is ridiculous. Recoil is NOT a function of pressure, as a stand alone. IF higher pressure results in higher velocities, THEN recoil is affected. It is also affected it the payload is increased and the pressure and velocity stays the same.

If 7500 psi is not considered low pressure in shotshells, what is? I load shotshells as low as 5900 psi, but just because it isn't sub-7000 doesn't mean it isn't considered low pressure. Nobody asked, but IMO, low pressure is anything from 8000 psi down. Maybe we should begin by defining "standard pressure shotshells". What are they? They are in the 10,500 - 11,500 psi range. Now ......... define "low pressure" for yourself.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.