April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hammergun, David Williamson, Ducks Rx, Jimmy W), 1,053 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,708
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Brittany Man, DAM16SXS, eightbore, graybeardtmm3, John Roberts, mc, RARiddell, Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#623274 12/08/2022 9:34 PM
by JAB_dup1
JAB_dup1
Many years ago I acquired a Parker Reproduction 20 ga two barrel set. 28” M/F 26” M/IC. Pistol grip, BTFE, SST. Unfired. Cased and rotective sleeve. Most beautiful wood. I’ve been out the loop for a long time and have gotten old. Thought I could depend upon you to give me an approximate value. Thank you in advance.
Liked Replies
#623469 Dec 13th a 12:49 AM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by ed good
jr...your local flea market is not a fair comparison...

lets do a survey...
Better yet to vote you off site.
JR

Oh, were it that easy.
4 members like this
#623349 Dec 10th a 03:48 PM
by eightbore
eightbore
Apples and oranges. All of the comparisons offered are high grade guns. The original poster is selling a DHE, not a BHE or A-1 Special.
3 members like this
#623468 Dec 13th a 12:46 AM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by ed good
jr...your local flea market is not a fair comparison...

lets do a survey...
Better yet to vote you off site.
JR
3 members like this
#623401 Dec 11th a 08:29 PM
by keith
keith
Originally Posted by eightbore
Apples and oranges. All of the comparisons offered are high grade guns. The original poster is selling a DHE, not a BHE or A-1 Special.

Thank you eightbore, for noting that the principle of "comparable values" applies to shotguns, just as it does to houses, cars, etc. Not everyone understands that simple concept when it come to determining the approximate value of a gun.
2 members like this
#623275 Dec 8th a 10:02 PM
by Wild Skies
Wild Skies
$20,000 is probably what you'd like to hear, but in reality it's likely value in unfired condition is about $6 -7K to the folks looking for one in that configuration.
1 member likes this
#623352 Dec 10th a 07:19 PM
by tut
tut
IMO the Single Trigger hurts it and the beavertail in a 20 gauge hurts it. A good bit depends on how good the wood is. Also IMO the 20 gauges are way too heavy for Gauge. The 12 and 28 gauges just feel better. I'd guess 6K on the high end.
1 member likes this
#623457 Dec 12th a 10:44 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by tut
IMO the Single Trigger hurts it and the beavertail in a 20 gauge hurts it. A good bit depends on how good the wood is. Also IMO the 20 gauges are way too heavy for Gauge. The 12 and 28 gauges just feel better. I'd guess 6K on the high end.
Originally Posted by tut
Originally Posted by tut
Originally Posted by tut
Originally Posted by tut

Both the btfe and st are plusses for Parker Reproductions, regardless of gauge or grade, according to the market.
JR
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.