May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, SKB, Argo44, LGF, Marks_21), 680 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,600
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
John Roberts, Parabola, Silvers, Stanton Hillis
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#621424 11/01/2022 3:30 PM
by Ken Nelson
Ken Nelson
I’ve not had too much to be excited about this season shooting targets, but I did put together a decent round of FITASC at the Nationals this weekend. When I left Sunday results showed I was Super Vet Champion with a 85 and tied with another gentleman. Monday morning the results had been revised to show I was RU. I finished in MC four places higher than the gentleman that replaced me as CH. There was no shoot off indicated Sunday ( which I think is typical for concurrent). I’ve got a call in to the NSCA but as suspected they’re very busy. Just hoping someone could have a possible explanation.

Thanks,
Ken
Liked Replies
by Ken Nelson
Ken Nelson
Thanks Stan. I would have loved to participated in the shoot off. I’ll admit I was pleased to have bested a lot of shooters I have admired for years.
Hopefully, I can win outright next time.
😉
2 members like this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
I know how tempting it is to leave early on Sunday afternoon to start home, but I've learned to stay long enough so as not to forfeit a shootoff if one is called for. Shootoffs are fun for competitive people, and I'm that way. Whenever I'm involved in a shootoff I always tell myself "You've beaten everybody else in your class/concurrent. Now, all you've got to do is beat one more to win". I don't always win, but it's always fun and exciting.

I always feel a little bit "cheated" when ties are decided by scores on a pre-determined station. I recently heard of a trap championship tie being determined by a coin toss. I'd be frustrated to have shot my way into a tie for a "place", then lose because of a coin toss. Throw me some more targets. Let's settle it like shotgunners, not like crap shooters. JMO, OMMV.
2 members like this
by KY Jon
KY Jon
Years ago I sponsored a money added handicapped event to increase shooting interest for lower class shooters. Most money seemed to go to higher class shooters. Everybody was automatically entered for free. Shoot off lasted 72 birds and generate much more interest than the main event shot off did, which I recall was over by the tenth bird. Shoot offs can be fun even for those not driven by competitive drive.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.