March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Kip, bsteele, Jeremy Pearce), 803 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
craigd, eeb, John Roberts, mc, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein, Tom Findrick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by John Roberts
John Roberts
I am to the point that I do not travel without protection in my vehicle. Most trips are from Mississippi into Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, or Tennessee. I never check on reciprocity, trust Jesus, and hope for the best. Always carry my piece into my hotel room. Well, almost always. What do you all do?
JR
Liked Replies
by AZMike
AZMike
Yesterday afternoon as I got to my ranch gate there were 9 or 10 Border Patrol and Cochise County cruisers with a car and cuffed persons in the ditch. Between the ranch and farm is 4 or so miles, last week a very crashed car flipped/rolled and was 25 or so yards in the cow pasture-- a chase that ended quickly.
To not have access to a shooter at any given time would be like having no insurance or concern for safety. I am 7 miles from the AZ/MEX border.
Years ago it was just a bunch of farmers sons crossing the border for work, now there is a very dangerous and evil quality to to situation.
Thanks Brandon you idiot!
3 members like this
by tanky
tanky
What ever you do, do not, I repeat do not come to New Jersey with a hand gun. That applies to New York and some of the New England states. If you are passing thru carry your gun according to federal law to the T. Failure to heed this warning will cost you dearly in money and jail time. New Jersey does not respect your 2nd amendment rights. The Democrats{Commies} running the show there absolutely and positively hate you! An example of this is a man that spent 5 years in prison for being caught with a Marlin model 60 because the gun violated the assault gun ban for holding more than 15 rounds of .22's The kicker is they later removed all .22's from the assault gun ban list but the man still had to serve the remainder of his sentence because it's codified mandatory! New Jersey has ruined many citizens lives over gun violations. I since moved to Florida. Give us your huddled masses yearning to breath free!
3 members like this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
To rephrase a statement by Clint Smith, "The purpose of a pistol is to fight your way to the nearest shotgun (Clint said "rifle"), which you should have never put down".

I am first and foremost a shotgunner. I feel the most secure when I am near my SXP, but my 1911 gives me much security when I can't be near the 12 gauge.
2 members like this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
To rephrase a statement by Clint Smith, "The purpose of a pistol is to fight your way to the nearest shotgun (Clint said "rifle"), which you should have never put down".

I am first and foremost a shotgunner. I feel the most secure when I am near my SXP, but my 1911 gives me much security when I can't be near the 12 gauge.

Rule #1 of gunfighting, is, “Have a gun”.

You are covered. Remember when the Korean store owners in LA got laughed at for having 30” full choke pump hunting shotguns on the roof of their shops to defend them?

The laughing seemed to stop after the first load of buckshot went down the pipe.

Best,
Ted
2 members like this
by FlyChamps
FlyChamps
Originally Posted by Der Ami
For a while, dealers were allowed to cite a valid "carry permit" as proof of background check. Mike

It depends on the state issuing the "carry permit" plus the "carry permit" will only replace the NICS background check in the state of issuance. Your location shows Alabama and Alabama permits are not a qualifying permit and out-of-state permits (even if qualifying in their state of issue) cannot replace a NICS background check.

BATF Permit Chart
1 member likes this
by eeb
eeb
I always carry in my car and bring it with me to the motel room. Discretion is the name of the game. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
1 member likes this
by craigd
craigd
For me it depends which states I cross. I've done a transition from on me, to handy in the truck, to unloaded, to unloaded and cased. I suspect this is an era of a leo running an out of state license plate, and getting an instantaneous report of what the vehicle owner has for registered firearms. I don't know if an out of state felony arrest is recoverable. Simple solution, don't cross into or patronize some states unless absolutely necessary for a kid or grandkid.
1 member likes this
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by FallCreekFan
It’s becoming more and more of a challenge. I’m currently in CA dealing with details subsequent to the death of our son here. I called the USCCA prior to leaving to be double sure regarding CA and NV laws. While here I stopped in the last gun shop still open in the county where I was and they warned me about carry in AZ as I travel back.

And all this doesn’t even touch on what’s involved in visiting the grandkids in NY.

You have my deepest sympathy. I’m terribly sorry for your loss.

Best,
Ted
Amen to that, Ted. So sorry, FCF.
JR
1 member likes this
by ithaca1
ithaca1
Texas now has constitutional carry. I am keeping my permit for the sake of reciprocity.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.