April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Marks_21, canvasback, Chantry, Lloyd3, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 235 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,781
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
BrentD, Prof, spring
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by spring
spring
I've seen one of these before on a leather case...As you know, they're designed to protect the leather on a case from the bumps and grinds that come when traveling.
I have a gun case that's in great shape and would like to keep it that way, even though I would likely use a hard plastic case that I have in most travel situations.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I would think there might be a good source for others that I could consider.
Thanks!

[Linked Image from jeffsoutfitters.com]
Liked Replies
by Brittany Man
Brittany Man
Get a case cover that has a soft lining on the inside. I found out the hard way that w / the single ply canvas like fabric case covers the leather case underneath will still pick up significant marks.

My wife ended up making a liner for my single ply cover out of green padded quilted cotton material & stitched it in place. It looks professional & saves the leather case.

I had the option of ordering the case cover w/a liner originally when I ordered the the case from Emmebi but opted for the single ply thinking it would be enough protection. It isn't!
1 member likes this
by KY Jon
KY Jon
To disguise what my case holds I use a oversized baseball equipment soft case. To really sell the misdirection I even have a old bat in one of the side pockets sticking out. Countless people have seen my case and just decided I was going to a indoor batting cage nearby or just one more old guy trying to play softball and drink beer.
1 member likes this
by old colonel
old colonel
Keep an eye out on EBay, I have picked up two different covers over the years at good prices.
1 member likes this
by Brittany Man
Brittany Man
spring,

If all else fails you can try ordering a case cover direct from Emmebi. I looked at their webpage & you can order the covers by the model # of the case or by dimensions.

I ordered a case + cover in 2015 from them & they were easy to work with & everything went smoothly. Quality of their top cases is not what you would get with a British best gun but still pretty good. Price of the case cover w/o the padded lining was 190 euro at that time. so it will not be inexpensive.

The only downside to their padded cover is that they use foam for the padding which in my experience (not w/ Emmebi) but other similar stuff will break down w/age. I think the quilted fabric liner with cotton batting padding I had added to my case cover will last much longer.

You also might try getting an Emmebi dealer to order it for you. John Boyd was importing them at one time so he may be able to help you.

Emmebi:

Tel (+39) 0302 66 366
e-mail info@emmebi.it
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.