Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
67galaxie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#606941 11/24/2021 9:14 PM
by arrieta2
arrieta2
Where is George Lander. A friend and I were speaking recently and remember him posting here from time to time about guns he was selling. He was also in the real estate business .

Just wondering

John Boyd
Liked Replies
#606976 Nov 25th a 12:04 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
I was under the impression that because he had not sold very many he listed them at Charlton Hall, an auction house in Columbia, SC.

I met George at a Fall Classic S X S shoot at Rick Hemingway's. Quite a gentleman. The most significant thing I recall about George is that, it was he that broke the news to the world via internet that Bo Whoop had been found, and the broken buttstock had been replaced, the re-stocking having been done by Jim Kelly of Darlington. Poor George was "crucified" over that announcement. Turns out there were far more people who had a greater interest in the story of it's loss, and the aura surrounding that, than in it's being found. Two years later I spent an afternoon with the gun in Savannah before it was sent to Julia's Auction. The rest is history.
1 member likes this
#607127 Nov 27th a 01:12 PM
by Mills
Mills
The Bo Whoop rediscovery took on a life of its own. Lots of people thought it was a fake or a hoax. The big question is how much did the owners know.

How is George doing. He used to have good information and posts
1 member likes this
#607132 Nov 27th a 03:41 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Some of the diehards may not be convinced yet. I took it apart, measured bores and chokes, and compared everything to data. Patina looked perfect. I was convinced, but my opinion meant/means nothing. But, when Austin Hogan gave it the thumbs up it convinced a lot of people.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.