Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,087
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
bushveld, eeb, graybeardtmm3, ithaca1, John Roberts, Karl Graebner, mc, NCTarheel, Run With The Fox, SKB, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by claycrusher1900
claycrusher1900
Has anyone used either Vintage Firearms or Bachelors (boty in Grand Rapids MI) for classic shotgun mechanical work? I had Bachelors re brown a set of Damascus tubes years ago, but now need a single trigger looked at. And possibly chokes opened up a bit. Either of these shops is within driving distance which is why I'm considering them, I don't particularly wish to trust this double to the Post.... I like it too much smile
Liked Replies
by dukxdog
dukxdog
Your defendant is Jay not ray.

Where there's smoke...

I actually felt bad for you once.
5 members like this
by canvasback
canvasback
Originally Posted by ed good
ted, neva said every dealer was a saint...

nor is this the appropriate place to air ones grievances...

bad mouthin someone here is such a cheap shot...

Why is this not an appropriate place to air legitimate grievances about gunsmiths and gun dealers, Ed? I can hardly think of a better place.....one filled with knowledgeable gun people.

This is an axe you like to grind, Ed and you are just wrong. Your position as a gun dealer clouds and compromises your opinion.

If Bobby said he had that experience, we should believe him and act accordingly. Just as we do when at other times, when dealers and smiths are highly praised.....including Jay and Vintage Firearms.

As an aside, I've had many conversations with Bobby and in fact was trading emails with him this morning. He is a stand up guy, as anyone who has attended his hunt camp will attest.
4 members like this
by canvasback
canvasback
so booby must be some special character who has the right to burden us with his problems with somebody else?

problem is, in this case, that somebody else is not present here to defend himself...and even if he were, he should not have too do so here...

this aint the place to air ones issues wid udders...only mean spirited individuals would do so...

What a bunch of horseshit Ed.

Just curious…..where do you think an appropriate place would be for such airings.
4 members like this
by mc
mc
Edd, try not being a moron
4 members like this
by bill schodlatz
bill schodlatz
Phillip's gunsmithing in East Texas is the best general gunsmith and Very Best trigger man I have run into in 50 years of looking!
Call 210 313 5988. He builds a release trigger of great merit but more important he understands triggers.

bill
2 members like this
by dukxdog
dukxdog
I have had very BAD experience with Vintage Firearms of Grand Rapids (Jay Shachter).

I sent a cased double shotgun to be on consignment for sale with them. There were no cracks in the forend wood when they received it. There was no correspondence by them or mention to me about any cracks or wood issues at any time.

They had my gun for over two years without selling it. I agreed to lower the price a couple times to generate interest.

When I requested return of the gun, I received an invoice for wood repairs along with being billed for expenses for them taking photos and listing on his website (which was never discussed previously) totaling just under $1000!

I paid the bill under protest with Jay just to get my gun returned.

When I received the gun, it's hard case was not included, only the gun alone. I called about it. They said they couldn't find it.

Beware if you consider doing any business with them.
2 members like this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Put a sock in it, ed.

Best,
Ted
2 members like this
by dukxdog
dukxdog
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
yah see, this is why threads like this are so inappropriate...

we go aong nicely for ah while until some malcontent cant stand hit no mo an jes has to throw a bomb...

the story makes vintage firearms sound like a buch of incompetent, irresponsible fools...which they are not...

what a terrible misuse of this fine forum...

Your post makes dukxdog (Bobby) seem like a malcontent-which, he is not.

Not every dealer is s a Saint, ed.

Best,
Ted

Thanks Ted.
1 member likes this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
ted, neva said every dealer was a saint...

nor is this the appropriate place to air ones grievances...

bad mouthin someone here is such a cheap shot...

This is a double gun forum, ed. It is a site for the sharing of information related to double guns. It is not a glossy catalog of your, or anyone else’s wares that are to not be questioned.

Bobby has a lot of friends that speak very highly of him. I’m not on that long list, but, I could be, I suppose. Still, I don’t doubt a word he has posted. It is only a cheap shot if it isn’t true, ed. I know dealers that operate exactly as Bobby described.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
by canvasback
canvasback
well, a man to man phone call with the other party might be appropriate...

grown men of good will should be able to work out their business problems...

Ed, did you read the details? “Paid under protest”. That suggests a conversation. Bobby received his gun back. No case. They told him they couldn’t find it. That suggests another conversation.

You write “grown men of good will”. That’s Bobby’s point…….in his experience he wasn’t dealing with a grown man of good will.
1 member likes this
by Ted Schefelbein
Ted Schefelbein
Put a sock in it, ed.

Best,
Ted
1 member likes this
by John Roberts
John Roberts
I stopped by a few times at the Vintage Firearms tables at a couple of the Spring Southern SxS in Sanford, NC several years ago. I got the sense one could easily get sh*tted by them. His descriptions on his gun ads are way too ostentatious for me as well.
JR
1 member likes this
by aw1776
aw1776
I vote for Vintage Firearms I bought multiple American shotguns from them. They told me about the work they did, and what was wrong with them and i still can't see it... I wish they didn't tell me.
1 member likes this
by BrentD, Prof
BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by aw1776
I vote for Vintage Firearms I bought multiple American shotguns from them. They told me about the work they did, and what was wrong with them and i still can't see it... I wish they didn't tell me.

Maybe they didn't really do anything? Could it be? smile
1 member likes this
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
John, if you can kindly give the coordinates for the supposed thread of yours that I "Hijacked" regarding your 16 gauge Ithaca M37, I would be most happy to have it deleted. Fair enough?? RWTF
It was a fictitious example of how you oftentimes go off on some unrelated tangent from the subject at hand. I'm not going to go hunt for the "coordinates". And it's not intended with malice, just hoping to get you away from doing it. We're all somewhat guilty of it, it just seems you're a chronic repeat offender. I don't think it matters in the greater scheme of things...
JR
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.