March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner), 875 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Thread Like Summary
DaveB, graybeardtmm3, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#605085 10/24/2021 2:24 AM
by DaveB
DaveB
Hey everyone, I picked up a nice little French 16ga this afternoon. I believe the maker is Aime Maisonnial. The barrels were made by Breuil. It’s really a plain gun, but it handles very well and weighs 5# 11oz. Just wondering if anyone have heard of this maker?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Liked Replies
#605104 Oct 24th a 03:05 PM
by ellenbr
ellenbr
>>Breuil-Aulagner were barrel makers,later,the firm took the name "Jean Breuil".(Very good barrels)
By this time,plenty of skilled gunsmith(e)s were working in St Etienne and Paris,one making the barrels,another the reciever,another the stock...each one adding a little more to finish the shotgun which was sold in a gunshop ,the name of which was generally stamped on the rib.<<

Great info by Mr. R. Palmier.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
2 members like this
#605127 Oct 25th a 12:52 AM
by DaveB
DaveB
Was looking on a few French web sites (thank you google translate). Apparently, the grandson of Aime Maisonnial was answering some questions about his family’s guns. He is quite proud of them and still has an order book of the guns they made after the war. Unfortunately the earlier book was lost. He recommend this book. The Armory of St.Etienne Unfortunately for me it’s in French. However, I know some of you do speak French and I thought it might be of interest.
1 member likes this
#605224 Oct 26th a 09:52 PM
by ellenbr
ellenbr
Believe it or not, but we are all learning as we go on this French maker data mining effort.....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
1 member likes this
#605324 Oct 29th a 01:37 AM
by Argo44
Argo44
Umberto Eco....a great great writer had this to say 25 years ago:

Insufficient consideration has been given to the new underground religious war which is modifying the modern world. It's an old idea of mine, but I find that whenever I tell people about it they immediately agree with me.

The fact is that the world is divided between users of the Macintosh computer and users of MS-DOS compatible computers. I am firmly of the opinion that the Macintosh is Catholic and that DOS is Protestant. Indeed, the Macintosh is counter-reformist and has been influenced by the 'ratio studiorum' of the Jesuits. It is cheerful, friendly, conciliatory, it tells the faithful how they must proceed step by step to reach--if not the Kingdom of Heaven --the moment in which their document is printed. It is catechistic: the essence of revelation is dealt with via simple formulae and sumptuous icons. Everyone has a right to salvation.

DOS is Protestant, or even Calvinistic. It allows free interpretation of scripture, demands difficult personal decisions, imposes a subtle hermeneutics upon the user, and takes for granted the idea that not all can reach salvation. To make the system work you need to interpret the program yourself: a long way from the baroque community of revellers, the user is closed within the loneliness of his own inner torment.

You may object that, with the passage to Windows, the DOS universe has come to resemble more closely the counter-reformist tolerance of the Macintosh. It's true: Windows represents an Anglican-style schism, big ceremonies in the cathedral, but there is always the possibility of a return to DOS to change things in accordance with bizarre decisions; when it comes down to it, you can decide to allow women and gays to be ministers if you want to.....

And machine code, which lies beneath both systems (or environments, if you prefer)? Ah, that is to do with the Old Testament, and is talmudic and cabalistic...
1 member likes this
by DaveB
DaveB
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Three beautiful Darne guns, but, who’s counting?

How ‘bout one more?

Another French term for Gene. Gravure fond crux, composition becasse.

Best,
Ted

Another beautiful one!

“ Gravure fond crux, composition becasse.” Woodcock engraving?
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.