March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (CJF, Jimmy W, AZMike, Hugh Lomas, eightbore, 1 invisible), 613 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Buzz, HomelessjOe, LeFusil, mc, Owenjj3, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#603464 09/26/2021 4:04 AM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
I'll start
Heiser Satchel.
Wanted one for a very long time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Liked Replies
#603486 Sep 26th a 03:39 PM
by damascus
damascus
I have restored many cases over the years though there was one I just could not afford to purchase at the time I squired the gun in my early twenties. It took nearly fifty years to come across another for sale though it would have been better scraped, but I ignored all the voices in my head saying no and donning a pair of Rose tinted glasses I spent a ludicrous amount of cash on this case disaster. In short the Leather and Oak case was built sometime around the 1850's and slowly destroyed from then. The not so common thing about the case was firstly it was black leather not the usual brown, not at all common the oak case its self was exceedingly thick making it very heavy without a gun inside. They do say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I have posted some from beginning to end of its restoration.

2 members like this
#603585 Sep 27th a 05:24 PM
by Daryl Hallquist
Daryl Hallquist
A most curious mahogany case, full of original accessories. The top gun is a Joseph Manton with it's original barrels. The lower gun is by John Krider, made to fit the Manton barrels. It is difficult to figure out why two sets of stocks and receivers and one set of barrels which perfectly fit each receiver. The case contained Krider sourced accessories including a powder flask marked with the name of a Mr. Duncan and dated in the late 1870s as I recall. The case is also marked in brass with Mr. Duncan's name.

The Krider made stocks and locks

The Manton stock and locks
1 member likes this
#603894 Oct 2nd a 05:33 PM
by KDGJ
KDGJ
The Horton label is a piece of art!

Ken
1 member likes this
#604250 Oct 7th a 03:38 PM
by Bob Cash
Bob Cash
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
It'll look good in your buggy.
Pretty much everything looks good in my buggy

By the way, I like your new hat

1 member likes this
#604262 Oct 7th a 08:36 PM
by HomelessjOe
HomelessjOe
Originally Posted by Bob Cash
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
It'll look good in your buggy.
Pretty much everything looks good in my buggy

That buggy be looking good with some twinkie two rims.

That's a nice case if'n you be staying in an partment complex....that way the brOthers won't know what you be toting inside it specially if you be wearing yo pants low in azz.

I specially like the way you got it jAcked up on one side with the hydraulics...cOOl
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.