April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Marplot, SKB, Kip, battle, Jem Finch, 1 invisible), 381 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,791
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Glacierjohn, pamtnman
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Glacierjohn
Glacierjohn
Years ago I used photobucket, which wasn’t very user friendly to me, but I figured it out somewhat, then they started charging a lot for the service. I understand, but it was too much for me, so I quit. In the meantime Facebook and iPhones came along, making it stupid simple to post photos. Now I’m spoiled, unfortunately it’s not that easy to post on forums such as this one, so I’m wondering what most of you use?
Liked Replies
by Dave Schiller
Dave Schiller
I fail to understand why this site requires posted photos to come from a remote hosting site. They are cumbersome, confusing, and sometimes expensive. Other sites allow me to attach/embed a photo directly from my computer, easy and simple. Why the need for hosting sites?
2 members like this
by Researcher
Researcher
Since the Photobucket hostage taking of our photos I've used Imgur.com. If anything happens to Imgur.com I think I'll just dump this site and Shotgunworld and just use the Fox, Parker and Remington sites where one can post pics directly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
1 member likes this
by Joe Wood
Joe Wood
Jpgbox hands down favorite.
1 member likes this
by Glacierjohn
Glacierjohn
I can post a pic from my phone to Facebook in less than five seconds. Over a minute would be torture, but The process is so convoluted I doubt I could do it in ten minutes. I remember how hard photobucket.
1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Glacierjohn
I can post a pic from my phone to Facebook in less than five seconds. Over a minute would be torture, but The process is so convoluted I doubt I could do it in ten minutes. I remember how hard photobucket.

Well, I have no more to offer. Just trying to help. I don't know how you know the process if you haven't done it yet......

As I said, I'm slow (and my old computer's slow). Instant gratification isn't one of my needs. I take over a half hour to drink a cup of coffee ........... just sayin'.

Best, Stan
1 member likes this
by pamtnman
pamtnman
I had hoped to see this site adopt the same photo posting capabilities that other similar sites have, after the early 2021 update and upgrade. Without question adding this code costs money, as does the expanded digital storage, and I have volunteered to help fundraise among the membership to help cover the cost. I will not store my own photos on a third party site, for several reasons, all of which seem self evident to me. Not the least of which is I promised my wife I would guard those particular pictures, and she trusts me. Everything I value stays close to me, as close as possible.
Just one more request for a simple photo posting function here...
1 member likes this
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
I'm the equivalent of "Slow walkin' Jones, slow talking Jones" but I'm fixing to post a picture using jpgbox and time myself on a stopwatch to see how long it takes .......

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

One minute 19 seconds, and that included picking out which pic to post. Easy, peasy.
1 member likes this
by Geo. Newbern
Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted by Glacierjohn
I think we should update the FAQ section image posting question to mention this jpgbox. The method they describe currently is so complicated my eyes glass over just reading it.

Photobucket has changed their format so it has no thumbnails. I haven't been able to post pix here in months. Gonna have to figure it out or change where I store pix...Geo
1 member likes this
by Lloyd3
Lloyd3
I just had dealings with Photobucket to try to access some stuff from way back. All my memories are still there (as I've paid a tiny stipend to maintain them) but now they want even more $$$ to access them. Somehow I knew this was coming.
1 member likes this
by Glacierjohn
Glacierjohn
I think we should update the FAQ section image posting question to mention this jpgbox. The method they describe currently is so complicated my eyes glass over just reading it.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.