March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, fuhrmann), 884 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
HomelessjOe
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#588167 12/26/2020 10:25 AM
by GLS
GLS
Saw this video on another site and thought some would enjoy it. Don't think it has been posted here, if it has, maybe not recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6EJkvSJxbQ
Gil
Liked Replies
#588182 Dec 26th a 05:42 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
Ike was our greatest POTUS of the 20th Century. And the second best WW2 field General, Patton was Number one- and then lesser Generals: Clark, Bradley, and the British FM- Monty- just IMO of course- Patton's favorite bird gun was his Parker CHE 20 bore- not sure if that was the shotgun he had with him on that fateful Dec. day he was to go pheasant hunting with General Gay-- damn shame his untimely ending- always wondered how Patton would have handled the Korean conflict, had he been elected POTUS in 1948- RWTF
1 member likes this
#588200 Dec 26th a 10:33 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
Thanks, Eightbore-- Thanks for the correction on the grade- thought I read in one of my Patton Library books that he had a 20 CHE--no biggy, but important detail. "Hated" PGCA members? Whom might that be, pray tell?? I respect you for the information and details that you, Dean Romig, Dave Suponski and other PGCA gents have researched, and shared with those "Parkeristas" and others.

I'm no longer a "Parker Participant", as about 5 years ago, my late good friend and favorite pheasant hunter at Fruitridge Farms, Brad Bachelor, sold my modest collection of "Old Reliables" to private parties unknown to me.

The funds went into trusts for my grandchildren. And as for Smiths- April 2019 closed the sale of my 12 gauge 3E to your pal Stan Hillis, down in Jawja.

Slowly but surely, I have been selling off a few of my "upper bracket" doubleguns, I want my grandchildren to have the advantage of the college education I didn't have--assuming the world is still full of opportunities for them. Happy New Year to you and your Lovely Linda. The very word Linda says it all, in Spanish it means Lovely.. RWTF
1 member likes this
#588202 Dec 26th a 10:56 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
Ok,Ok, Ike was Supreme Commander- picked because he was a great man at getting along with the Limeys to get D-Day underway- And the "dummy Army" under Patton that tricked the Krauts (at least Hitler) into thinking that the Pas De Calais was the site of the invasion- not Normandy. But his judgement was flawed twice after D-Day: (1) approving Monty's hair brained plan: "Market Garden"- doomed to fail, almost impossible to co-ordinate airborne, ground and tanker units to a synchronized battle plan- the lack of common radio signals, plus an almost criminal lack of attention to the intel the Dutch underground was sending the Allies-and (2) Ignoring the intel that was out there in the open in Dec 1944- about the pending "Battle Of The Bulge", where, just as with Pearl Harbor, we got caught with our pants down again, this time by the Krauts--

By the by, Patton sensed both those grand Fubars way ahead of Bradley, Clark, Monty et al. Live and learn. RWTF
1 member likes this
#588237 Dec 27th a 01:26 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
I beg to differ, Argo- Patton once said "Accurate Intel" is worth a whole Armored Div. in your back pocket--And Patton may not have sniffed out the Kraut's last ditch attempt to turn the battle for supremacy in the ETO- but his "Ace In The Hole" Colonel Koch did- first clue, besides the crappy weather in Mid Dec 1944, was the obvious lack of radio transmissions by the Krauts--and like his boss, George Patton, Col. Oscar Koch was a student of European Military history- intel from captured prisoners was also a key part of his strategy-- Ike-- he was probably trying to figure out to do with "Monty", after the FUBAR of Market Garden. Foxist/Reynaud/Der Fuchs
1 member likes this
#588248 Dec 27th a 03:20 PM
by Run With The Fox
Run With The Fox
No, I just thought, like myself, he is a serious WW2 History buff. I have 4 books on Patton, have read and re-read those many times-- a most complex man- spoke fluent French, a student of the classics, married into affluent Boston Back Bay old money, Beatrice indulged his every whim- horses, a yacht, and possibly his Parkers. One fact remains: in spite of his Sicilian "slapping soldiers" in medic tents, he lead from the front, like Rommel, and no General in the ETO had logged the hours he spent visiting his wounded men, and personally gave the Purple Hearts, instead of delegating that duty to a field grade officer- thanks for the feedback, however- RWTF
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.