May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Jusanothajoe, Roundsworth, Stanton Hillis, 1 invisible), 773 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
coosa
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#496294 11/30/2017 7:38 PM
by coosa
coosa
Edit: this thread is from 4 years ago, but I have added a post on the end. I was finally able to make it a DT gun, and explained how that happened.

I have an Oklahoma duck and quail hunt coming up week after next, and have been planning all along to use my 626 Onyx. The gun fits me really well and had never given me any sort of problem until yesterday. I shot a few clays and suddenly the inertial triggers would not reset. I didn't notice anything different about the gun until I just didn't have a second shot. Either barrel will shoot if I manually move the selector, but it will not reset itself no matter which barrel I shoot first.

I pulled the action and soaked it in kerosene, blew out using the air compressor, and then added a light coating of CLP. That changed nothing. So I found a couple of videos of o/u guns that use inertial triggers and tried to better understand how it's supposed to work, then pulled the stock and pulled the trigger several times.

Homeless Joe will be glad to tell you that I am dumb, but I will admit I don't understand how this thing is supposed to work. And that I can't see it work is not giving me any clues as to what is wrong with it. I was going on a trip this morning that took me right by my gunsmith, so I tried to drop it off there. He was closed and it looked like he's been closed for several days.

So my only hope of being able to carry my favorite gun on my hunt is if some kind soul here can spot what is wrong and tell me how to fix it. I've done a good bit of amateur gunsmithing, but I can't understand how this thing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there anyone on earth that could convert this to a DT gun? I suspect it would take fabricating some parts, but I'd be willing to pay a lot more than what most people would think reasonable. This would be the perfect shotgun for me if it only had 2 triggers.

This is a picture after the right barrel would have fired.

[Linked Image from s18.postimg.org]
Liked Replies
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Interesting story, Coosa. Glad it turned out so well for you. May your misses be forgotten and your great shots be remembered.

And, like you, I haven't heard anything from Jim for quite some time. Hope he, and your wife, are well.

SRH
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.