OK, I guess it's time I joined this conversation. Steve Earle and I are very good friends and a few years back I asked Steve if he could make checkering tips, I was having a difficult time getting Gunline tips at the time. The current Brownells cutters were not good at all! He looked at the Gunline cutters and said "sure" and started making cutters for me and the trade. He also asked about the Brownells handles so I gave him one of my Full-view handles to copy. He made some much needed changes to the basic handle and started to make them also.

I also like Michael's product and use his carbide tipped tools also. I do use Steve's spacers and single line cutters exclusively because they are great and he is a very, very good friend. Just a thought on Dembart tools and tips, I haven't used one in over fifty years and I have a collection of them that people have given me. I should just sell them because I ain't gonna use them!!! I see people asking about Dembart tools and where to get them, my thought is WHY!?

Some of you are probably wondering why I don't use and electric tool, well I had one and just didn't like it. I'm reasonably fast doing my work by hand and it keeps me busy.