Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
.....the manufacturers will have to make guns that shoot steel shot. And it doesnt really affect me. Meanwhile, I have about a half dozen bags of lead to run through my reloaders in the future. But I can adapt and shoot steel at the clubs that make me use it. I cant see myself ever shooting a 28 gauge and probably not a .410, either, so..........?? Sorry about the guys who do. Good luck.
No thanks to your brand of slow drip gun control. Don't forget about pricing shooters, particularly new ones, out of the game. You are a fan of shooting sports, exactly as you are a climate fanatic, make Jimmy happy first, and no one else matters.

Other than in a state like California, with a total ban on lead, it's unlikely that current nontox requirements will price anyone out of the game. For one thing, steel isn't as expensive in comparison to lead as it used to be. And most places you can still shoot lead at targets, which is where the real volume shooting takes. The problem for most people is that shooting in general --no matter what you shoot or where you shoot--has become more expensive. Both for factory shells and for reloading components. New ones will have a problem once they're off the school trap shooting teams and no longer getting ammunition either for free or at significantly reduced prices. Without support from the clubs and/or from hunting/conservation groups like PF/QF and RGS/AWS it will be a definite challenge for them even if they're able to shoot lead.