Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I know that the fishing usually sucks, and if you want to go swimming, you can sometimes get an hour in near the pier on Stockton Island, in September, if the sun has been shinning to warm the water up a bit. I’m still the only guy I know who did an hour in the lake at that spot. I’d pay admission to see you fall in the lake, in your clothes, off the sailboat, that we chartered every summer up until 9/11. Or, out the back of my speedboat on a beer run to Bayfield, nicer town, better food, fewer slums, by the way.

I’m sure for an Iowan, Superior looks really beautiful, but, as lakes go, it offers less to do, and you better know what the hell you are doing if you are planning on boating on it. When they say they won’t find your body, they mean it.
If you want to actually use the lake, rather than sit on your ass and look at it, Rainy, Leech, Lake of the Woods, or the White fish chain in Wisconsin are better for almost anything I do on a lake, spring, summer, fall and winter. Hayward is a nice little town.

How many guns have you bought from the dealer in Gary/New Duluth?

Zero?

Best,
Ted

Haha! I've swam in the lake. It's not a big deal, but apparently, to you, it is. Bayfield is a nice place to visit. Not much to live in or near 365.25/year. I am sure you have touristed up there a lot. Many do. Living is another thing.

What I do up there is fish, hunt, hike some trails, whatever I want. While you sit and pout on your keyboard.

Ever do much climbing? Thought not.

Keep hammering on those better towns to live in on the lake. Bayfield won't cut it. Not by a long shot. You confuse your days as a tourist with a real living experience. You would not last 12 months in Bayfield. But what's stopping you?

You are bragging about the climbing you do in Minnesota?

Really?

Best,
Ted

nope, not bragging. Just figured, you having told us about the best towns on the lake (Bayport! crazy ), your swimming adventures in the lake, and everything else about Lake Superior, you would have free climbed all the routes on Palisades and Shovel Point, at least. And I have no doubt you are quite the ice climber too, right? Done it all, no doubt.

You got me on the sailboat. I don't own one (but then neither do you apparently). And don't worry about me falling off any boat (my name is not "Stan").

So, tell us more about your heroics on The Lake.

Brent, do you ever STFU? 6,586 post of straight up hot trash.