I recently purchased a sxs hammer gun from a high profile dealer on Gunbroker. Most of the dealers give very good descriptions as they sometimes have years of knowledge. Many private individuals do not have the knowledge to describe a double gun in detail. But even an experienced dealer can get it wrong. In the description the gun was said to be tight and on face. When it arrived it had substantial play and it was definitely off face and needed a rejoin. It also had several undisclosed dents in the left barrel. I overlooked those because I could take care of those myself. The dealer apologized and gave me the option to return it. I explained I liked the gun enough to keep it and that returning it was a hassle. He offered to kick in some money and I thought it had a satisfactory conclusion. It doesn't always work out like that but this time it did. Most of us have that been around the block a time or two and know what to look for when trying to judge a double. Even if it is only by pictures. But other things such as loose or raised ribs, resoldered barrel lugs, barrel dents, pitting, stock dimensions, length of pull, cracks in the wood, etc, etc. seem to evade some people in their listings mostly because they simply don't possess the knowledge to do so. No one is perfect and most gun guys I have found are not crooks...at least intentionally.