Don't worry Damascus, this was just good light-hearted fun. We have athletic teams called "Yankees" and "Canucks" here. (We also have Vikings, Trojans, Spartans, Irish and the two High Schools in Mclean are the Saxons and the Highlanders. No "Limey's" but that's what we called British bikes in the 1960's - I suppose because Dr. James Lind cured Scurvy with Vitamin C from limes and ever since British sailors were required to eat a lime a day,)

Having been weaned on Triumph's and BSA's, before they did the unthinkable and switched to American threads for the market, I got used to whitworth standard and only recently gave my whitworth tools and special tools for Triumph's and BSA (Bastard Stopped Again) to a friend of my son who restores/works on vintage motorcycles. And I like British pubs too.

Now if you were, say, to mention something about Tennessee and the color orange, then it would get serious quickly. smile

1965 Triumph Bonneville at Ft. Bragg . . . 1954 BSA DBD-34 Gold Star, The fastest BSA flat-tracker in NC or Alabama,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And Bushveld, I did own a 1972 500 "Gold Star" which was essentially a punched up 441 Victor but with a big tank. I took it to Singapore and rode it all over Malaysia getting knocked off one road by a timber truck. Took it with me to Pakistan but never rode it - traffic was just too wild. It was stolen out of a shed in N.Alabama (I suspect a Tennessean who visited the property) while I was on my first trip to Africa.