Well this is the new project. I firmed up my commitment earlier this week. My last thread I started, good or bad, garnered a lot of attention and frankly it is humbling when you look at the number of hits. And also others adding their comments were welcome. That project took almost 3 years when I figured a year at the start. But Covid hit and I am slowing down were big factors. Hopefully this one is less.
I am building a Rook rifle. Inspiration was from the Gibbs rook rifles. I am starting with a 1897 WR action casting I bought from Rodney a number of years ago. (It was one of his kit guns but since I am only using the action body all the rest of the parts can go away. If interested in any let me know) Well I took the action and then designed a new action out of it. This is a side lever action but not like a Deeley Edge in function. Some of the pics I hope to share as I go will explain the function.
The rifle will be chambered in 30-30 Win and should weight under 6 pounds. At least that is what I am projecting, we will see. The pics below are of the concept drawing the action just starting the machining process. Since I design in Fusion360 solids I also 3D printed all the parts to assembly and do functional/geometry prototyping.
if you have questions please ask.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]