Since we've wandered from Happy New Year to Falcons, I'd like to make one last off-the-cuff comment on landscape photography. For the low-lands, marshes, grass prairies of the east coast especially Florida, Georgia, and NC, the quintessential "horizontal landscapes," I sort of take the advice of the "Luminists" a 19th century school of landscape painters which wasn't really a school, just a body of knowledge. . .Emphasize the sky, low horizon - 1/3rd or less of the painting, and try to have some small human scale element in the foreground to give it relevance (This from 19th century landscape prints.)

Martin Heade is my favorite painter and in the mid 1880's he moved to Saint Augustine and became "Florida's painter". This is my favorite "The Great Florida Sunset" 4' x 8' plus - it used to be in the Flagler Hotel in Saint Augustine but now resides in Winona, Minnesota in a museum which paradoxically houses some of the great paintings of the 19th and 20th century. (In a Boy Scout camp in 1959 we had to swim a mile across the Saint John's and knowledge of that country maybe led me to Vietnam).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]