New Year's Eve oysters with champagne...gotta try that one sometime! Com'on Ted...average? Every year is a gift that needs to be lived to the fullest-extent possible. Fight all the battles that need to be fought and then... make the time to celebrate your life in your own way. Be it in the forests, fields & streams, or on on the lakes and oceans, get out there and drink in the sights and sounds. Heck, I still get a thrill rolling down a nice lonely stretch of road in my now-ancient muscle car, listening to the throaty roar of a big cubic-inch American V-8 coming up through the gears. The smile of a handsome woman, the laughter of a happy child, the wind through the trees above you, the waves on a shore, connect to these things and be part of the living world, and not just on it. Hunt & fish, break bread with your friends and family, drink good beers & fine wines with your meals, sit in front of fires and appreciate the heat and the light. Let the tempests blow around you and know that a new dawn will break for you the next day.

I would wish all of these things for everybody gathered here, people who appreciate beautiful things with a form that follows function. Tools with art and history and perhaps even a little magic folded into their making, that serve generations, faithfully and well, and that become heirlooms in their own right.

Make 2024 count