On fashion there is in interesting dichotomy between Europe and America.
-- In Uk (and in France and presumably Europe) you were required to be properly dressed in the 19th century; pinks for the fox hunt; tweeds and puttey wrapped boots in UK; Loden hat required in the Continent. If you were not so attired, you were pretty much poachers.
-- In golf it was the same thing. I played a tournament at Marco Simone in Rome (where the Ryder Cup will be played). The young Italian women golfers were very concerned about their dress....men also.
-- In India in 1989 I was chastised by General Palit, not only because I was using a pump, but because I was wearing jeans. At the time UK commentary sneeringly referred to Americans with their new all weather synthetic coats (not proper waxed cotton) using O/U shotguns. (Oh the horrors of the colonial rubes trying to keep up with their betters).

In the US we hunted for survival and meat. We went out with maybe a dog in whatever clothes we had. It was a peoples' thing. Two continents; two traditions,

Still there is something said for being appropriately-dressed. If you sit in an Italian cafe and a beautiful girl walks in dressed to the 9's you have to compliment her - otherwise she is disrespected. And if you go on a game shoot not decently attired, you disrespect the tradition and the very thing you are hunting.

Sorry - I wandered into cultural wars on hunting; when I grew up we were not allowed to wear shorts when we went downtown to that thriving metropolis of Gainesville, Florida, pop, 29,000. The Tour de France photos from that time show spectators wearing ties.

So it is worth a thought on being dressed appropriately in the environment in which you are hunting/shooting. And that validates the style portion of these posts.