Interesting responses which reflect the dichotomy in our political environment as well as the real world experience dealing with the other side’s tactics. I have kicked this post around for a bit.

Although, for a moment I thought I would lead off with a joke like where is Edmund Ruffin when there is need of him, or fire on fort whatever now. But neither sentiment is funny and our nation is seriously divided.

I believe that the current way Washington politics have evolved to my way or the highway is horrific. Both sides neither talk nor socialize and have become extremists, in some cases vile ugly extremists. We are now farther apart than we have ever been since the civil war. That is not a good thing.

I have spent a good part of my life in countries that melted down into vicious conflict. I do not want that in my country. Finding ways to better things matter.

While I agree weariness is critical and do not espouse any wholesale compromise of values. I do believe in courtesy is always a better course. I rarely violate that. I believe if politicians looked for actual common ground some things might be improved.

Voters must elect better politicians, people capable of actually solving something.

I do believe that most of us on this board have much more in common than differences. I do not think civility will kill me, nor is admitting if my facts are wrong, that is once I am actually convinced I am wrong.

No one is going to win or lose critical ground that matters on this board. We discuss and or debate. On major political issues no one is converted.
Elections are where we will win or lose our future , write your congressman, donate to the right causes, be active in you local party. Do not ignore city and county offices, and definitely pay attention to school board elections.